• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)

Bowfin fishing is a blast. Jake and I targeted them as well today, but were unable to locate any unfortunately. I've yet to get my first in the boat, but from being on the opposite end of the boat when He's fighting them.. they seem to be quite the adventure.

Geez man.. when you say you cut part of my head off you really mean it.

Bowfin fishing is a blast. Jake and I targeted them as well today, but were unable to locate any unfortunately. I've yet to get my first in the boat, but from being on the opposite end of the boat when He's fighting them.. they seem to be quite the adventure.

Geez man.. when you say you cut part of my head off you really mean it.

haha i know. oh well, ill find a better way to rig the camera next time.

but next time we go fishing, its gotta be nice and sunny. lol. and we should try and stay out until after dark. i bet we would have a blast with the bowfin then.

let me know when you are free again. we could always target bass on agnes and henry. some real hawgs in that lake

We are heading for Miltona this weekend. The Grandkids are coming with and love to fish. How is the panfish bite and what is a good start on the lake? Any help would be appreciated, I don't want your exact spots just to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanx in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Heading out on the lake this next week, any new updates on fishing on the area, hows the fishing been? Anyone got some nice photos of the past week, its been beautiful out there!

Heading out on the lake this next week, any new updates on fishing on the area, hows the fishing been? Anyone got some nice photos of the past week, its been beautiful out there!

12" from the other day.

101_1374.jpg

and here is my report:

largemouth have been very active in heavy cover during the evening. weedless frogs have been doing the best. buzzbaits have also been producing

jigs, worms, and tubes have been working during the day in 5-15 FOW. buzzbaits have been working for me as well, especially in shaded, shallow water.

crappies are very active right now and can bee found in all depths. i have been having alot of luck pitching jigs along weedlines and boatlifts. use the lightest jigs possible. tubes and grubs and stingers in silver, white, or red and white (or silver) have been working best for me.

pike have been fairly active along weedlines

sunfish, bigger sunfish have been coming off weedlines. me and dan went out a few times and we were having bulls come up from 20 feet of water and biting less than 2 feet under the boat.

walleyes have eluded me lately, i did see a 3lber suspended about 5 feet down i(in 15 FOW) n the middle of a bunch of panfish at around 5 oclock yesterday.

i have heard the muskies are coming up shallow. but they have eluded me as well

Well guys the fishing has been excellent the past couple weeks and is only going to get better as the fall comes along. Any lake you go out on around the alexandria area has been producing some amount of walleyes. I have been going shallow 5 to 12 feet of water. With the cooling temperatures I would assume it should pick up more. Thanks to everyone who went out on trips this week We had some presonal bests. Both Ray and keith. Good luck to all those heading out either a jig and minnow has been working best but crawlers and lindy rigs on some lakes! Crappies have been unreal also, look in the 10 to 12 foot range with a white twister tail! Good luck to all those heading out.

025.jpg Ray with a 24 and 1/2 incher!

023.jpg Keith with his 28 and 1/2 incher!

any suggestions on a lake that is hitting right now that is easy to fish for someone without fancy electronics?

we are heading up next weekend to the area and usually hit Miltona but curious for a report on other lakes.

any suggestions on a lake that is hitting right now that is easy to fish for someone without fancy electronics?

we are heading up next weekend to the area and usually hit Miltona but curious for a report on other lakes.

what are you looking to catch?

Hey jake theres a lake that i like to fish in spring, and fall for walleyes but havent had a chance to fish yet, and was just curious if you have fished it yet, or know anything, if you could email me we could share some info.

[email protected]

Thanks, Kyle

some more little guys. topwaters and spinnerbaits were the key today. even with the rain and the wind

101_1524.jpg

101_1525.jpg

101_1530.jpg

101_1528.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Miltona Last night. Fished a lot of different depths and finally found the Walleyes deep. Not huge fish but ended up keeping 7 eaters (~15"'ers) and letting a bunch of other small fish go. 25-35 FOW. All on jigs and fatheads. Didn't get anything shallower. All fish in the last 1.5 Hr of light.

doing research for my project in senior social with mr. esby, on of jeffersons biology teachers

we were only out for about 30 minutes on le homme dieu beach.

pictures explain it all...

101_1696.jpg

101_1711.jpg

101_1710.jpg

101_1701.jpg

101_1705.jpg

one rock was absolutely encrusted with them, 2 layers deep

the smaller ones are yearlings. the bigger ones are probably 2 to 3 years old.

wow its amazing how fast it happened!

they have been in le homme dieu for 3 or 4 years... but they were just noticed this year.

• 3 weeks later...

we're taking one last boat ride this weekend--planning on hitting Miltona for walleyes launching out of the east side--wondering if anyone had any spots or tips for us

any help would be great--thanks in advance

aaron

we're taking one last boat ride this weekend--planning on hitting Miltona for walleyes launching out of the east side--wondering if anyone had any spots or tips for us

any help would be great--thanks in advance

aaron

fish 50-70 FOW. the hole off the access is a good place to start

here is a video of me and chad peterson fishing there, as well as a picture of our catch at the end

Why would you tell people to fish at that depth, everything that you catch is dead, it may not go home with you, but its dead in the lake. You see the same boats out there day after day and yes they may keep there limit, but how many more are lying dead on bottom. In the fall you can catch fish that are shallow. there is some on Miltona getting caught in a lot shallower depths.

Why would you tell people to fish at that depth, everything that you catch is dead, it may not go home with you, but its dead in the lake. You see the same boats out there day after day and yes they may keep there limit, but how many more are lying dead on bottom. In the fall you can catch fish that are shallow. there is some on Miltona getting caught in a lot shallower depths.

figured that was coming. lol.

not how slow he cranked his up. i kept all mine since i cranked them up faster.

you should ask , before critizing

also ,he guided me. i dont know lake miltona at all... i was just sharing where we were getting them. and where ALL the boats are. if you are catching them shallower then share your spots.

Jake I'm going to agree with walleyeman if you crank them up slow whoop dee doo! You set them back in the water they go directly to the bottom then sink so you dont see all the dead ones floating. I have film footage of dead fish on the bottom of the lake from people fishing that dead from past years. people say its ok but its not all those fish are dieing just wait about 5 or 6 years there wont be any fish left and then well see what people say! YOu dont have to fish that deep 16 to 20 feet of water is plenty deep if anything go shallower for the big ones. Also jake how many guys did you have in your boat? It looks like you have 15 walleyes at the end of your video?

Jake I'm going to agree with walleyeman if you crank them up slow whoop dee doo! You set them back in the water they go directly to the bottom then sink so you dont see all the dead ones floating. I have film footage of dead fish on the bottom of the lake from people fishing that dead from past years. people say its ok but its not all those fish are dieing just wait about 5 or 6 years there wont be any fish left and then well see what people say! YOu dont have to fish that deep 16 to 20 feet of water is plenty deep if anything go shallower for the big ones. Also jake how many guys did you have in your boat? It looks like you have 15 walleyes at the end of your video?

like i said. i didnt release them.

he was guiding me. i dont know anything about miltona. so dont be critizing me.

and 3, me him, and his kid, the first day. 2 the second time (we only got 5 that day)

Why would I share my spots. That is what fishing is about, that is the hunt to find fish. You said you kept everything that you caught, but did your guide keep everything? Some people may not know they are killing them, so it is good to get the word out. But you knew they were dead and are telling people to go fish them, even though they are not very big.

You are a person that loves to fish, why not help the fisheries, instead of telling people to hurt them.

Why would I share my spots. That is what fishing is about, that is the hunt to find fish. You said you kept everything that you caught, but did your guide keep everything? Some people may not know they are killing them, so it is good to get the word out. But you knew they were dead and are telling people to go fish them, even though they are not very big.

You are a person that loves to fish, why not help the fisheries, instead of telling people to hurt them.

i see no problem of fishing them if you are going to keep the fish. i was just sharing a spot. i didnt know if he wanted fish to eat, or to fish for fun

and they are eaters, not small. 12"+

Nice job Jake, super deep eye's in the late fall and super shallow eye's in the early spring you are a complete package.

Nice job Jake, super deep eye's in the late fall and super shallow eye's in the early spring you are a complete package.

i wish i knew a shallow area where walleyes are right now. i want to try catching them by pitching cranks... but i think i missed that bite =[

Jake, you can argue all day with everyone, but in the end you still don't know what you are talking about. Look around to some other lakes and you will find walleyes in the shallows. And I agree with the others. Get out and find some fish instead of asking for spots. After watching you post for awhile, I know you have a love of fishing. Open up your mind to some outside information and take it in. These guys are not trying to talk you out of catching fish. They are just pointing out there are some cases where you need to use some restraint. Remember the old saying, "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you follow."

12" eaters?? Its a shame for people to keep 12" walleyes. Come on man...I'm sure they taste good..but set a 14" minimum or something..Let them grow up.

• The title was changed to 2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)
  • The topic was pinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured