• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)

Last post on this blog is May 23. Does anybody know of an Alexandria area fishing report that is up-to-date?

mayflies hatching on miltona sunday& monday,fishing slow.clouds of them on the depth finder. good luck.

Thanks for the information. The fish are starting to really heat up now that the weather is stable. Good luck to everyone fishing this weekend.

Sniffer

have been moving fish on both miltona and lobster the last few days. 51in on saturdayfull-28541-21489-121.jpg

Any reports on Lake Carlos? Going to be heading up there this weekend for a week of fun and fishing with the family. Any reports and advice would be greatly appriciated!

Anybody fishing Lake Ida lately? Heading up there tonight for the weekend and would love to get into some pannies or walleyes. Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance!

Have been out on many of the area lakes in the Alexandria area and the panfish and walleyes are in full swing. The bite is very good and will continue as long as the weather is good. The lake levels are good are well with temps. ranging from 75-81 degrees.

Walleyes- The bite is always good in the morning and late afternoon to evening. Where to look is 15-19 FOW using a leech or nightcrawler. And if your into pulling crank baits, start in the early part of the evening for good results.

Joel with a nice 17"er

full-36104-21844-012.jpg

The areas to pull cranks are in 12-15FOW and move shallow as it get later.This is a real fun time of year to get on some nice eater walleyes.

Panfish- They are now in the summer time patterrns and you want to start looking in the deeper parts of the weedlines and where I have found most of the bigger fish is in the 10-16FOW. You can use all types of presentations from beetle spins, jigs tipped with waxes or a piece of crawler. The crappies are going well to and look for the outside weedlines next to a deep basin. They are in the 12-17FOW range and the best times are in the morning and evening time.

Alec with a 9"er

full-36104-21845-002.jpg

full-36104-21846-041.jpg

The holiday week is just around the corner and looks to be a great week of fishing and spending time with the family. So get out there and enjoy the time off and hope everyone has a great week! Until next time,be safe and I will see you on the water.

Sniffer

Sniffer. On lakes with a deeper weedline like Ida do your depths hold or should I try a bit deeper?

Sniffer. On lakes with a deeper weedline like Ida do your depths hold or should I try a bit deeper?

I would hold in those areas, but keep in mind that Ida is deeper and will be a bit cooler. What are you fishing for??

Sniffer

• 3 weeks later...

The weather has been hot, but the bite has been even hotter. Over the past two weeks the panfish and walleye bite has been great.

Walleyes- The walleye bite is very good on most of the lakes in the Alexandria area and the best times are early morning and afternoon to evening. The best presentation has been lindy rig's or crawlers. The crankbait bite has also been very good.

Most fish are coming out of 16-22FOW and most day's the walleyes are in the 13-17 inch range which are very good table fare.

full-36104-22424-001.jpg

full-36104-22425-001.jpg

full-36104-22426-005.jpg

Panfish- The panfish bite has also been on fire as of late and all periods of the day are good to get on sunfish and crappies. The crappies are in the moring hours and afternoon to evening. That is when we have been our best bite. Presentation is small jig with a plastic tail or a minnow. The sunfish are a worm or small leech. Was out last last and the fish are hanging in the 12-16FOW holding tight the weedlines.

full-36104-22427-086.jpg

full-36104-22429-037.jpg

full-36104-22430-129.jpg

Until next time, be safe and I will see you on the water.

Sniffer

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I'm staying at a cabin on Sauk Lake and looking for a little help getting on some fish. We are on the smaller section closer to town and the dam. We were told to try the bridge where highway 71 crosses the lake later in the evening and had no luck. I know that the part of the lake we are on is quite shallow, but there is a section of it that's 15 to 20 FOW. Any help would be awesome. Thanks everyone!!!!

depends how far you wanna run with your boat. You can go under the 71 bridge aND arond the corner for quite a ways.. This is the time of yr where crappies start schooling up in the deep bay on the NE side of the lake ( red Barn resort area), or you can troll for walleyes once you round the corner on the western shore known as hoopers pasteur.. I dont know what you want to fish for so this is generalized info

Looking to stay in the part of the lake we are on. Are the fish more under the bridge and not on either side? Looking for pan fish, crappies?

its deeper under the bridge yes, the panfish should be scattered around the bridge and along the weedlines on both sides of the lake, by the golf course and theres a small bay right next to Big sauk resort by the bridge that you may find pannies on the outside edge of that.. if you like northern fishing theres an old dead tree on the south shore before you go under the bridge kind of kitty corner from Big Sauk resort.. Find 7-10 ft of water and drown some sucker minnows about 5-8 fr deep under a bobber.. hope this helps!!

• 2 months later...

There are some lakes that have locked up and have seen some anglers that are testing the ice out. The most I have seen is 3". The bigger lakes are half open, so as everyone knows is that we need some cold nights for fishable ice. Be safe out there and bring a partner with!

Thanks for the update Chad. I drove by Lake Oscar last night and saw there was a small portable out about 100 feet from the boat access.

Well, was out this afternoon scouting for fishable ice and the most I found today was about 5". Most of the shallower lakes are good with 3.5-4", and found some of the bigger lakes just a light sheet with some open areas. Looks like this Sunday, I will make a go! Be careful out there and bring a partner.

It was nice to meet you today Chad. Got into the crappies at last light but had to change lures to get them to bite. Good luck on sunday.

It was nice to meet you today Chad. Got into the crappies at last light but had to change lures to get them to bite. Good luck on sunday.

Good to meet as well, and glad that you got on some slabs. Maybe I will see you out there.

I saw a quite a few people out over the weekend on the smaller lakes north of Alex. Wish I would of brought my gear...next weekend I'll be out.

Little Ida is locked up, the big lake is still wide open.

Sorry to disagree, but I live on little Ida. It was never locked up and as of this morning it is almost ice free.

I was just there this weekend, we're right around the corner on Ida...walked out about 30 yards or so Sunday morning from Betsy Rosss. I didn't see any open water? Where are you at on little Ida from Betsy Ross?

Straight across. We had ice out about 100 yards and then open water. The wind today has melted all of it on my side.

Must have been mostly open then and I just didn't look that hard...man you're a lucky guy to live up there, great area.

If ya think of it, let me know once the main lake locks up, hoping to get out on some early ice.

Thanks

• The title was changed to 2020 Alexandria-Miltona area Fishing Reports ( Lake conditions)
  • The topic was pinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured