• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nobody is saying to give gps coords but maybe a little story about what you caught and how. You can teach a lot of folks some good info load. You know just basics like what depths, weeds or rocks, minnows , plastics or waxies on what lures etc.

Did you make it out??? Got up, looked at the -18 on the temp gauge and thought no way. Fri sounds like it could be good

Haha I did about the same thing...I'm hoping to get out in the morning... Ill probably hit that lake I was going to today unless you want to hit fish...

DLD Yah want to hit Fish Not quite at daybreak. Thinking of being at H/B around 8"30 or so. Want to try a couple of new spots. This is a for sure thing for me. Hope the forecast is correct with a warm up during the day. PM Sent Or call me tonight

Steve, I know what you are saying, but why would anybody want to hear what I was using when it might not apply to the lake they are fishing. A good example, one of the lakes that has been producing is only good with a bright sunny day (20=30) any clouds and nothing. How does that help. See ya Sat be sure to mark the honey hole

That helps a lot because you can tel people that and it will translate to a lot of area lakes. Maybe you have a presentation trick that works for you when others dont etc. I know that since I started using tungsten jigs in much smaller sizes than I used to use and using more life like plastics Im catching more of those finicky negative crappies/perch and gills. Another thing is using a good fly reel. It cuts down line twist and spinning lures.

• 3 weeks later...

Went out a few times this last week, first day a lake I havent fished this year...I was expecting smaller #s but great quality....I got the opposite a ton of 7" crappies and perch....Found them in the deepest part of the lake...Red vertical tungesten jig with a chartreuse plastic was the only thing they'd touch....Next 2 days I went on another body of water....Was going for crappies but found the motherload of pumpkinseed sunfish along with a few really nice slabs and perch...The key was finding submerged wood that was where the fish were stacked....I got my first 2 snags ice fishing haha...Best bait them days were a green tungesten with a waxy and a glow vertical tungesten and glow plastic...The fishing definately has gotten better...Next week I plan on hitting a couple lakes I did really good on early ice and hope they turned back on....Anyone else been out???

I haven't been out in about 3 weeks now, not sure how the ice conditions have been holding up with the warming weather. What are the ice conditions for various inland lakes?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Got out on Fish with the gang. Warm and Sunny Plus grilled brats and burgers, it was a good thing. Around 32" of ice lake but its honey combing. Good for ATV traffic though. The bite was at sunset and into the dark for crappies.

One crappie out of 10 was big enough to keep but took enough for a meal.

Waxies and ice fly worked and the 2nd rod plain hook/minnow & bobber worked better. We were in around 12 FOW and didn't try any deeper water for suspended crappies.

Got out on Fish with the gang. Warm and Sunny Plus grilled brats and burgers, it was a good thing.

It was a good thing. Thanks for drilling holes Frank. Thanks for the grilled brats Gary. & Mark for the chips and Open Pit dipping spot ;-)

I went home with 6 crappies and 3 gills, enough to feed the family along with fries and onion rings.

Hope we can get out and do it a few more times before ice-out.

grin. Great to finally meet ya. We should have done a few more of these this past winter. It's always a fun time. BC

• 2 weeks later...

Made it out for the last time today and did good on the big crappies and gills again...The last few times out have been the same thing...The gills were hiding tight in a submerged brushpile that I happened to stumble upon...Shrimpo plastics in glow were the best bait....Biggest crappie was 13" biggest gill was 9.5"...Time for the long rods...

Wish had marked that spot on my GPS. Might be a place to check out soft water time. Put the stuff away to day How was the ice. Missed ya at the meeting

Ya im glad I marked it on my gps...As soon as I can get out in the boat I'm going to check it out...Ya I got the long rod in the truck going to go check my sucker spots tomorrow....Ya I totally forgot about the meeting until like 7 didn't realize today was the 30th already...Do they have another meeting before it starts? And is there anyway to get that info that was at the meeting today??I'm planning on doing it....Hey also do any of your buddies run Lowrance units on there boats?? Im trying to find the best chip for the lakes on the league...

Ice was good away from shore, but the shore was getting a bit wet had to walk a little down the shoreline to get across and on the way back there was a lot more water yi

Will be having one more meeting ( I think the last monday april). We set up the final schedule for the lakes. We will be starting on Fish When I get the copy will shoot a copy to you. I ran a Rance and just used the Lakemaster chip which was an older chip worked OK for me Sold it and went to all Birds. We had 13 teams sign up tonight with maybe a few more