• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2015 NFL Draft

collegepaul

Well, now that the Superbowl is over and the combine is two weeks away, let's get a new draft board started for the Vikings.

I'll start off with the Vikings' passing offense ranked 28th and their run defense ranked 25th which are the two areas they need to improve on the most. Not surprising, a wide receiver, linebacker, and an offensive lineman are the top key needs.

Who do you like so far?

Right now, I'd like to see the Vikings use their first rounder on a WR. I might be in the minority on this one but I prefer White over Parker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Fishing Report Team - MN

My pick at 11 would be T Brandon Sherff if there need some new horseman up front. Second choice Devonte Parker if Sherffs gone last choice Melvin Gordon because I honestly feel we are going to trade AP.

I agree we need more help at CB. Wayans is a really good CB but he'll have to add weight to play press coverage in Zimmer's system.

I'm kind of hoping Peterson gets moved; he'll be doing us a favor if he works his way out. I want the Vikings to start over at that position so Bridgewater can spend the better part of his career (instead of a one or two year window with AP) with another elite running back....Todd Gurley. I think Gurley is just that good.

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

What did you guys think of the draft. I know someone has to be very happy we drafted a MLB. If we trust Zimmer then Trae Waynes will be a suffocating CB to pair up with Xavier Rhodes.

I am looking forward to what was already a good defense moving more into the Seattle caliber of defense.

As for the offense, we may just have a rookie lineman who shores our line up and gives Teddy a bit more time along with a receiving core I hope Norrrrv can spruce up to really showcase Teddy. I'm a little worried about the sophomore slump with Teddy but I like what I saw last year. Having AP back should give make things more balanced as well.

Looking forward to beating Green Bay this year!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the offense will be better. I think the line will step up, and the fact they will need to respect the running game, they wont be able to blitz as much. I also think with Wallace running deep routes, it should open the running game up. I would love to see Patterson live up to his potential, and maybe learn a thing or 20 from Wallace. It sounds like Patterson has spent the offseason learning how to improve his route running and working on getting open more.

As for the defense, I dont think we will be Seattle status, but we will be better then average, top 10 probably. I am with you on Teddys slump, I think he will come out cocky, and start throwing INT's, then slow down and his stats will decrease as well. I think he will break 3500 yards, 20tds this year though. 

I think we will take 2nd in the division behind the Packers, while I think we took a huge leap forward in being better, we just cant overcome Rogers. Dang cheeseheads getting lucky with back to back HOF quarter backs!

Scott, you are playing it so safe. Considering the Vikings were ranked 14th on defense last year and it being Zimmers 1st season as well, top 10 is an almost forgone conclusion. I'm betting the Vikes are closer to the top than we are 10th on defense.

So I'm saying we will be a top 5 defense in 2015. :D

I hope you are right, but this is a MN team, injuries, suspensions, or prison will put them back. I still think they wont break #8 defense, mostly because rookies are the only additions we really made on defense, and while we made a couple nice picks on defense, they will need to get accustom to the NFL, and the Vikings playbook, and learn and grow.

I have to admit, I'm feeling good about the Minnesota teams. All four majors sports, even basketball gives us something to look forward to - if they pick Townes or Okafor. :D

The Vikes draft choices were solid. I'm a believer. Did you see how far the Bengals dropped on defense last year without Zimm.

Now we have that defensive mind going for us. He can flat out coach.

MN pro teams are starting to show signs of being good, but none of them are elite yet. The Wild seem to have a monkey on their back, and are afraid when they play the Blackhawks. The Twins could have the best record in MLB, but will lose to the Yankees. The Vikings have improved, and may sneak a wild card playoff this year, but we havent improved enough to take the crown from the Packers. Then you have the Wolves, a team loaded with potential, but until the coaching staff can figure out how to translate the potential into wins, and keep the players from being injured, the fans will have to get use to having potential.

It seems the owners have found a way to keep the fans interested anyhow.

The Vikings have improved, and may sneak a wild card playoff this year, but we havent improved enough to take the crown from the Packers.

It seems the owners have found a way to keep the fans interested anyhow.

​You definitely have that right Scott. The never-ending tease. Only the Twins and Mpls Lakers have pulled off the big one.

I'm thinking the Wolves flash a bit, the Twins and Vikes follow along the Wilds path.

I still think the Vikes beat the Pack this year.

Well the Mpls Lakers were a little before my time, but I was able to see both of the Twins appearances. I was a little young to remember any of the Vikings attempts, but I was part of the 1998, 2000, and 2009 heart breaking meltdowns. I am not sure if it is better to know they arent any good, or to think they are good, and then to have them fall apart when it matters?