• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marcum Units

loadmaster

Third time out with my LX 7. The graph part worked perfect, but what a piece of dump the transducer holder is. Every time I gave the the transducer cord any slack, the rubber stop would come out of the hole and puck would be dragging on the ice. Every ice graph that I have owned with those swing arms suck. Thinking of going with a Vex float, but not much room for the float in the case. Anybody have this problem and how did you solve it. I think the slot the cord goes into is to wide and allows the cord to come out. Not happy with this set up on a $650 piece of equipment

I guess I like this feature for when fighting a fish it is close and you can pluck it out of the arm quick and easy. I don't like to have the float in my hole like a vexilar. I think it is a personal choice.

Ya that is a feature alright, never had a problem as long as I was in the house, but did some hole hopping today and saw the problem

I always carry my flasher in a bucket when traveling. When I got my Marcum it wood not fit in the bucket so I switched it all over to the vexilar round base. Works great and I use the vexilar float with it now. Plus the battery indicator.

Looking at it this AM I think the slot in the arm is to wide. When you put the puck back into the holder and give the cord some slack the cable comes out. So when you go to use it next hole, you have to try and get cord back into slot after a few hole it gets old. Smoker which unit do you have?? Wondering about the puck weight vs float

Or just push the rubber stopper into the arm hole a little more. I have had mmany Marcums and its never been a issue. If its that big of a issue just wrap some electric tape around the gap.

I agree, arm has never been an issue with me. But most of you know the Marcum vs. Vexilar is quite a debate.

Yesterday I was fishing with the bro-in-laws and had to leave early. As I walked away from the house with my Marcum in hand the guy from the next house over yelled at me, "get a vexilar". He must of thought I was quitting because my Marcum didn't work. I thought it was pretty funny!

I have the LX-5. The float has no problem holding it. I saw someone with a FL18 with the big puck and he had the same size float on his so it will support a lot on weight.

Hey volks the tuneup arms were a little pricey at $30.00 and the arms at capra did not have a slot or maybe it just the pics thks

That sorta defeats the purpose of being able to remove puck cable quickly, not that I catch fish big enough to worry about twisting up

Then what your saying is you need to do some home mods to yours. Like I said before the simplest thing to do is electric tape the gap and make it closed or as big or small as you want. I havent had any issues with the arms on any of my Marcums. Your getting older ya know, maybe its operator error. whistlewink

Just reaching the prime at 67. Took a closer look at mine and went to the Gen and compared and found my slot is a little bit larger than most. Thinking of heating the ring part up and see if I can close the slot a little bit

Hey volks the tuneup arms were a little pricey at $30.00 and the arms at capra did not have a slot or maybe it just the pics thks
The Marcum replacement arms do have a slot for the cord, I agree the image doesn't show it, but it does have one. I got a replacement arm at Capra's for $12

I have a Lowrance Ice Pack that I modified to use with a Marcum transducer arm. I did this because I don't like the float moving around in the hole. The float also takes up alot of space in the ice pack. What sucks is that the Lowrance ducer cord is thinner than Marcum's, so the rounded marcum cord stop I have doesn't fit, i'll have to make a few stop points on the cable with electrical tape...

Yeah something like that or the foam insulation that's used for copper pipes.Pretty handy,I use it for wrapping my spinners/leaders on,cheap too.

And there cases are terrible. The velcrow thing is a joke. The handle placement makes the unit fall forward. They need to figure out a better case for it.