• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leaving Wheelhouse at a Resort

Nisswaguy

I know certain resorts allow leaving your wheelhouse on shore at their resort for a nominal fee. If I'm interested in doing this, is some sort of reservation needed? More importantly, has anyone run into issues with theft or vandalism while leaving your wheelhouse on shore at a resort?

Don't think there is a reservation system for this as it seems to be if there is a spot open its first come first serve. Gets tight on sunday afternoons at some places... Not sure about all the resorts but have used 2 or 3 different ones over the years. Never had a problem with theft/vandalism but don't leave it full of stuff either, remove tanks, etc... Nothing to steal make it easy not to worry.

You might want to get the specifics for the resort you plan to use to be safe!

i leave mine at rogers every year, just have to go park it, walk in and let them know where you had it parked, and you good to go. Always nice and friendly and willing to help out

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CigarGuy
      Went in to Lucky 7 to get some crappie minnows today. All they had were crappie minnows and fatheads. She said to call in advance for the opener, couldn't say for sure if they'd have rainbows, shiners, etc for opener!
    • SkunkedAgain
      I hope to see it and believe it next week! Nice looking crappie
    • CigarGuy
      Crappies are biting!  
    • Rick G
      Been out couple times this last week. Between the rain and wind there really was only one day this past week where it was actually warm out fishing.  Water temps are low mid 50s yet, not much change from last week.  Fish are still holding out off the first break on some area lakes and right up in the boat channels and back bays of others.   Been keeping it pretty simple as far as tackle used. Having the best luck with the lil hustler tubes under a small float or throwing the Bobby Garland baby shads with a 1/32 jig head.  The Bobby's have definitely been my big fish catcher this spring.
    • imhatz
      The water looks low but appears to be on the rise. We will be there  the week after opener. I have been going since 1981 and enjoying the experience. We love the variety of fish we catch and release each year. Ice went out a bit earlier than in years past. Water may be warmer and plan to target some crappies. We fish predominately in Sand Point as we camp. Good luck all and tight lines. We may consider the hike to Lake Lucille which we did 2 years ago. 
    • delcecchi
      Seeing is believing.   
    • smurfy
      thats great to hear regarding the lake levels!!!!!!
    • Kettle
      On an off light precipitation today. Hoping the weather this weekend will be nice so I can get out and crappie fish and check the weather. My yard has standing water and the driveway is a mess. Lot of lakes are near standard water levels which is good. Heard they are done stripping eggs on cut foot. Shaping up to be a good opener. Last year fished open water 60+ days and 28 different lakes. Hopefully bump both those numbers up this year
    • rundrave
      I don't think its 100% accurate, you are just relying on other average joes to report precipitation. But I think most numbers there are right in the ball park, especially when you see consistency among multiple reports in a general area.   It's probably more accurate than what the weather terrorists say on the news  which usually only reports metro areas. cocorahs is good for getting rural area reports you just might not have as many reports to go off of
    • smurfy
      i like this site!!!!!  👍 thanks rundave......its in my favorites!!!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.