• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyechoholic

Ten inch walleye (2013 year class) Theory

eyechoholic

I still fish mille lacs love the lake and this year I caught a lot of ten inch walleyes. Other people that have fished it this year say the same. Does anyone else find it a little weird that there was ice on the lake that spring until may 16 and the nets hardly hit the water. (Just Sayin)

Stick in Mud

Let me get my popcorn. smile

maxpower117

I'll make a cocktail. cool

BigDogRob

Well the cold has started earlier this year...let's hope for another repeat...

FowlSki

The perch had some good hatches and came back so the baby walleyes weren't target number one for big walleyes. It's all about the perch. Lots of experienced folks have posted this info in several threads but the anti-net and slot guys never seem to give it a thought.

ZachD
The perch had some good hatches and came back so the baby walleyes weren't target number one for big walleyes. It's all about the perch. Lots of experienced folks have posted this info in several threads but the anti-net and slot guys never seem to give it a thought.
Indeed last year when fishing isle bay early ice There were tons I mean tons of small perch everywhere

fish_hunt_guy

Thats cool but there are always tons of small perch in Isle and Garrison bay every year at least in my experiences

ZachD
Thats cool but there are always tons of small perch in Isle and Garrison bay every year at least in my experiences
A lot more than I usually see. Could have just been a weird day.

chris63

I remember the early '70's it was called the dead sea.It's bound to cycle up and down just like it has for centuries!Good luck catchin' and don't fall in!c63

gunner55

It wasn't just on ML as I seen the same thing,lots of 10-12 in eyes, & we're in the Winnie area.The DNR was asked at 1 of the meetings & he said that most of those are 3-4 yrs old.No netting on this lake other than the DNR itself.I saw post from others that said they were seeing the same.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Dave S
      If you plan on traveling by snowmobile, you should be ok. Local bait shop told me not many people have been going out there with the springs that run into the lake.   There were a few vehicles that drove out a few hundred yards from the access. A couple guys told me whoever plowed the road banked it up and flooded the ice. They also mentioned a area of slush near the snow piles.   It was easy for me to avoid the lake when a few cars set up for ice racing showed up on trailers.    Drove past Farm Island Lake and Cedar and saw very little activity. Only a few houses.
    • Wanderer
      We went out Barnacle’s Friday night and stayed till Sunday morning.  3 houses in our group spread out over a mud flat.  Fished depths from 23 feet to 30 feet.  Definitely more activity in 28-30 but we didn’t have much for biters.  Ran set lines in the house along with jigging.  Tip ups outside.  Large and small shiners, suckers and crappie minnows for bait.  Jigged spoons, rattle baits, blade baits and raps.  Averaged 2 walleye and 1 tullibee per house.     There were other friends connected to the group that had been up since Wednesday that reported 40 & 60 fish caught; one on the south side and the other about a mile and a half from us.  Doing what we were doing.  The group closest to us was on some micro structure though we didn’t barge in on em.     The road was really good once we got past the heave by the landing.  It’s a little rough and has standing water but safe.  They’re working on smoothing it out.   Typical Mille Lacs experience for me.  Great time partying with friends Friday night but even putting some time and effort into the fishing we were more than happy to head home this morning even though 2 or our 3 fish came at 6 & 9 am.  My biggest ( not pictured ) was 20 inches.  Set lines caught our fish.  
    • Wanderer
      Are you looking for any species specific clubs?  Such as bass only?
    • nytelyter
      i am in. please . has been a slow year for me to be getting out Annie had her ankle replaced new years eve and been "nursing her" keeping her offf her feet. she is doing great now and i need some ice time.   oh and i have "pie" ready  
    • Dakota Loing
      Hey I was curious to see if there were any active fishing clubs near whitebear lake or forest lake 
    • Dave S
      I think the largest was maybe 10". Didn't notice any tullibee cruising through but it's very possible.  Just surprised that if they were there, that we didn't get any.   There was a small walleye that came top side as well.
    • IceHawk
      Well before light. Try to be on  ice fishing  before daybreak normally. Early bird gets the worm has always been my philosophy. 😉 Nothing better IMO than  watching the sun rise a ,hot cup of coffee and fish on my vex its like a dream I never want to end 😀 I will  fish in midday afternoon if Im on a more relaxed schedule. We can make anything work. 
    • IceHawk
      Well done Dave ! Get any 13 inch Plus? Hook any tullies or see any in that area ?
    • IceHawk
      Smurfy that N end is always busy in winter very productive area easy access. Been like that for over 30 plus years that I've fished it. Pretty consistent bite in the N bay every year unless they go on a freshwater shrimp kick then they can be tough to entice at times 😲 A bunch of untapped water on that S end but a few guys venture out there and find fish. Town bay area is generally a good spot as Millers bay. 
    • leech~~
      Me too. once he moves a house over that 60' hole! 😄