• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

STOLEN HONDA EU2000i GENERATOR! CASH REWARD $200

B-man715

I am offering a $200 cash reward for locating it.

Somehow my OCD of checking to see if the garage door is closed at night failed last night.

I did a quick inventory before I left to go hunting this morning and noticed my generator was stolen!! This happened at my house in Stacy, MN.

Please keep your eyes and ears open for a red Honda 2000 suitcase generator that might be discreetly sold by a local (I assume) SCUMBAG mad

To help identify it:

It had a brass fitting on the gas cap and I installed a black hour meter on the side panel (to the left of the recoil and on/off switch).

As far as I could tell it was the only thing this D-bag stole.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

I'll see if I can find the serial number tonight and post that here as well.

If the douche that stole it happens to read this: please steal a gun next time and put the barrel in your useless....

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you find the scumbag who took it and get it back. Nothing worse than a thief

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

They had all night and only carried out one thing? Are you sure you didn't let a friend use it and have you checked for other items gone? If it is the only thing I would say it was someone who may have known it was there and they went right for it? No other fun stuff in the garage. ice augers, ice fishing gear? Odd they took one thing and done? Keep an eye on the "list and pawn shops" if it was a teen who doesn't know what to do with it now that they have it? confused

They had all night and only carried out one thing? Are you sure you didn't let a friend use it and have you checked for other items gone? If it is the only thing I would say it was someone who may have known it was there and they went right for it? No other fun stuff in the garage. ice augers, ice fishing gear? Odd they took one thing and done? Keep an eye on the "list and pawn shops" if it was a teen who doesn't know what to do with it now that they have it? confused

Once I got home tonight I noticed that they also stole:

My Dewalt radio with a battery in it, my Dewalt XRP drill, 4 big 3700 tackle boxes full of tail dancers, shad raps, reef runners and flicker shads, and an Aqua-vu..... to top it off, I was all [PoorWordUsage] off to see that stuff was missing too and opened my beer fridge to have a cold one and relax, only to find they stole my unopened case of Grainbelt from the fridge........ that was truly below the belt.... mad (which leads me to believe it was kids)

All total, it would cost me over $2,000 to replace...... and I'm sure there is more stuff I haven't noticed yet mad

It could have been much, much worse. The inside of my boat went untouched (thousands upon thousands in rods, tackle and electronics), totes of power tools, treestands, chainsaws, augers, blinds, decoys, Otter duck boat, etc etc also went untouched.

I really am pretty fortunate considering how bad it could have been.

I'm just glad they didn't enter my house..... there would have been a lot of lead flying and a dead body or three that I would have to explain. I truly mean that, and am always prepared for it.

Now the question, is it worth making a claim for when I have a $1000 deductible?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Once I got home tonight I noticed that they also stole:

My Dewalt radio with a battery in it, my Dewalt XRP drill, 4 big 3700 tackle boxes full of tail dancers, shad raps, reef runners and flicker shads, and an Aqua-vu..... to top it off, I was all [PoorWordUsage] off to see that stuff was missing too and opened my beer fridge to have a cold one and relax, only to find they stole my unopened case of Grainbelt from the fridge........ that was truly below the belt.... mad (which leads me to believe it was kids)

All total, it would cost me over $2,000 to replace...... and I'm sure there is more stuff I haven't noticed yet mad

It could have been much, much worse. The inside of my boat went untouched (thousands upon thousands in rods, tackle and electronics), totes of power tools, treestands, chainsaws, augers, blinds, decoys, Otter duck boat, etc etc also went untouched.

I really am pretty fortunate considering how bad it could have been.

I'm just glad they didn't enter my house..... there would have been a lot of lead flying and a dead body or three that I would have to explain. And I truly mean that, and am always prepared for that.

Now the question, is it worth making a claim for when I have a $1000 deductible?

Well, now that you gave a nice list of the rest in there you better find a good way to keep it locked up! frown

And if your wife is not going to let you go right out and re buy everything? You may just want to make a claim and get some new stuff cheaper! wink

Oh, they (or he) saw it all, but were smart enough not to spend all night in there.

They (or he) are pure scum. Go get a job and BUY your own stuff like everybody else......

They (or he) are pure scum. Go get a job and BUY your own stuff like everybody else......

Yeah, thats what ticks me off when I hear about things like this. If you want to be Robin Hood....fine.....but at least have the nads to go rob a bank or take on the IRS.....at least leave us hard working "schmucks" alone. It's just a matter of principle.

Wow sorrynto hearnthat B man. Insurance should replace id think. Least to say thos items can be replaced. Easynfor me to say tho i know. Hang in their. One wonder ifnit pay for security cams.

Really sorry for a garbage start to the season B-man. It just makes a guy shake his head. I ponied up for an alarm just before our daughter was born 10 months ago after a couple robberies happened in our general area (Simplisafe). Money well spent IMO.

Two takeaways: 1. As much as it sucks, it's just stuff and can be replaced relatively easily (as opposed to your health/family/etc. 2. Karma is a BI_CH and will undoubtedly catch up to the POS that did this.

I know exactly how you feel man. After three weeks of living in our new house, the garage got broken in to. They got away with almost $11,000 worth of fishing and hunting items. Locked doors didn't deter these a-holes. I can't imagine they were too brilliant because they left my wife's bow, my open water tackle bag, and a 1.75 of pendelton. I made a claim because I simply cannot spend the next 10 years replacing my stuff. I also invested in a nice camera system. It's just stuff but it really angers you to think that someone would violate your privacy. Call area pawn shops and let them know what you're missing. Never hurts to spend a day traveling to said pawn shops to check them out for your items.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really do hope karma catches up with the perp(s).

Also noticed that another tackle box of cranks is missing. I have a feeling there will be more but I won't notice it until I need to use it next time.

Here is the serial number for the generator, a huge thanks to Beisswenger's Do It Best hardware for tracking it down for me. They are great people that run a terrific business.

EAJ2096026 for a HONDA EU2000i

As I already mentioned, I installed an hour meter on the side panel near the recoil, and it has a brass barb fitting on the gas cap.

I sat down with a calculator and came up with around $2,900 in stolen stuff. I called my insurance company and I'm filing a claim. That $1000 deductible sucks, but I can live without replacing all of the stuff. The generator will surely have to be replaced.

I'm not sure if my insurance covers replacement costs, or just assessed value? Because the Aqua-Vu was around $400 new, but is probably worth less than half that today. I will find out soon enough.

They will assess the value of all items and then depreciate by 50%. What I did is create a spreadsheet with links to all the items (cabelas,scheels,etc.) so they could see the value it would be to replace it. My total claim was $10,800. They adjusted for the deductible, leaving me $9800. They then cut me a check for $4400. As I replaced stuff, I sent in all my receipts showing them the actual replacement cost. They then continued to cut me checks. I just received my second one for a total of $6400. I have yet to replace my ice fishing equip so I expect another check after that happens.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really do hope karma catches up with the perp(s).

Also noticed that another tackle box of cranks is missing and my older Aqua-Vu camera. I have a feeling there will be more but I won't notice it until I need to use it next time.

Here is the serial number for the generator

EAJ2096026 for a HONDA EU2000i

As I already mentioned, I installed an hour meter on the side panel near the recoil, and it has a brass barb fitting on the gas cap.

I sat down with a calculator and came up with around $2,900 in stolen stuff. I called my insurance company and am filing a claim. That $1000 deductible sucks, but I can live without replacing all of the stuff. The generator will surely have to be replaced.

I'm not sure if my insurance covers replacement costs, or just assessed value? Because that Aqua-Vu was around $400 new, but is probably worth less than half that today. I will find out soon enough.

File a police report, stop by or notify local pawn shops and watch C list for items. I will try and keep an I on the C list for you.

I had the same thing happen. The police picked up a guy walking down the street with my wire feed welder at 3am.

Good luck

I did see one on the list while looking today. Maybe legit, not sure, but worth a look. Sorry this happened to you...

I am offering a $200 cash reward for locating it.

Somehow my OCD of checking to see if the garage door is closed at night failed last night.

I did a quick inventory before I left to go hunting this morning and noticed my generator was stolen!! This happened at my house in Stacy, MN.

Please keep your eyes and ears open for a red Honda 2000 suitcase generator that might be discreetly sold by a local (I assume) SCUMBAG mad

To help identify it:

It had a brass fitting on the gas cap and I installed a black hour meter on the side panel (to the left of the recoil and on/off switch).

As far as I could tell it was the only thing this D-bag stole.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

I'll see if I can find the serial number tonight and post that here as well.

If the douche that stole it happens to read this: please steal a gun next time and put the barrel in your useless....

Dam that sucks!

A huge thanks to all you guys for your help.

I checked the list, none was mine. But I'll keep peeking at it now and again.

Dewalt radio on the list today, will deliver $80

That listing shows that it was put there 10 days ago. Wouldn't match the time frame from what I can tell.