• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

opener

EaglesEdgeDeer

How many of you made your first sets today? Just started trapping at the tail end of last year and am really pumped for this year. I put a few DPs and a few foot holds out today. See what tomorrow brings!!

Good luck, me and partner are waiting til later in week to set, land sets. With price forecast every little bit of prime will help on bottom line. Lots of coon sign in our area.

My wife has been sick so really havent got out. I did set 3 DP'S where i bow hunt at the end of the road. Used some dog food in one and some Cavens in the other 2 and I had to Big males yesterday in both the moonshine lure ones. One slightly gray and the other a good prime male. 2 Out of 3,I hope the season goes like that for me.

I was surprised at how good the fur looks already too. I put out 6 DPs and 6 dirt hole sets. In first two checks I have gotten 2 fox and 7 coon. Not to bad for me!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Get them egg eaters guys. I am going to try and get out calling this weekend

Another big male at the same set last night. Not as prime as the 2nd one but better than the first one I got. Scale of 1-4(4 the the best), out of the 3 male coons it would be #2 for the first,#4 for the second (most prime), and maybe a #3 for the third coon. Added a red fox to the collection yesterday to. That was in really good shape...

We will start setting tomorrow. Really looking forward to this year, as it has been about 16 years since I have had the time to trap. Nice to hear the fur is priming up.

Another big male at the same set last night. Not as prime as the 2nd one but better than the first one I got. Scale of 1-4(4 the the best), out of the 3 male coons it would be #2 for the first,#4 for the second (most prime), and maybe a #3 for the third coon. Added a red fox to the collection yesterday to. That was in really good shape...
Added another big boar last night. 42" long and weighed 37lb's! White as can be at skin to!

Thanks,, All the years of trapping and that is my best ever! As soon as I come over the hill he is really mad, snapping and growling at me. Not to mention the lunging to. Not a happy camper for sure. Got a picture of him on my phone but dont know how to get it on here. Laying in my freezer, he was the full length of my medium sized chest freezer!

Are you still catching coon 1957? My coon sets have really dried up over past week or so. Been getting some good beaver and rats to keep me busy

Eaglesedge,,,, I havnt did a coon out of a doz. appx. DP,s since the 30th????????? No reason why other than they have taken out the corn. Got a real nice prime real white Badger though on my yote traps!