• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hunting 2 area

Dan Anderson

I have 2 parcels of land in Lower St Louis Co. One 150 acre parcel is buck only and one 10 acre parcel I bought this spring is intensive hunting where I can shoot either buck or doe. Also I can get multi permits for additional deer. The question I have is can I hunt both areas. Can I shoot a buck in the buck only area and still shoot a doe or buck in the multi area??? I don't plan to shoot more then one deer but was asked this ?? at coffee this morning from anther hunters. Thanks

The way I understand it you can take up to 5 deer total. But only 1 can be a buck. so if you shoot a buck in the intensive you can not tag one in the buck only zone. You could shoot your buck in the buck only and buy mangement tags and shoot 4 more in the intensive. But I culd be wrong.

You may shoot 1 buck total for the whole state for 2014. You may hunt in either or both as long as you only take 1 buck. You may take a buck in either area and then additional does only in the area allowed if using the "management" tags. This does not include scenarios where you might be party hunting.

Thats correct. Only 1 buck no matter what. If you shoot a buck in the bucks only area you can in the IH area. If you shoot a buck in the IH area you can no longer hunt the bucks only area unless you are party hunting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      I've got a pile of crawlers ready to go - a nice side benefit of all the rain in the metro lately.   At the very least, I hope that the remaining trappers are making some better money off of the higher prices. I would think that it would be a great way for local kids to make some cash. I can see why it wouldn't make for a great way to make a living as an adult.
    • Kettle
      Went out yesterday with the sunshine. I did find crappies in the shallows on a darker stained lake with Temps at 58 degrees. They had no interest in my baits
    • gimruis
      That's part of it.  Several recent years of drought have definitely played a role.   There's other factors too.  MN does not allow importation of live bait from other states either.  That really affects the amount of golden shiners available, most of which are not trapped here.  In other words, demand exceeds supply.   Lots of bait trappers and dealers have simply hung it up in recent years.  Its hard work for not much money.  The two nearest me are both done as of last October.  They both told me its just not worth it anymore.  One of them had been there for 45 years.   My advice would be to learn how to effectively fish with artificial lures more often.  I've slowly weened myself off the use of live bait nowadays.
    • smurfy
    • leech~~
      Think the Free crawlers in the back yard are going to take a hit this summer! 🤭
    • jim curlee
      Correction, rainbow minnows are at least 75 cents each, and leeches are $60 per pound. lol 
    • leech~~
      Their coming! Was poking around southern center mn last Friday and found about 20 on a hill side, all to small to pick yet.  Spots on the GPS! 🤗
    • Kettle
      Water Temps 48-52. I tried for crappies and caught two walleye. I can't even crappie fish. 1/32 ounce jig and a tiny minnow
    • Wanderer
      Looks like you could use a FM hat. 😉    The future son in law prefers the lump coal.  He’ll start it in coal starter over a propane burner, then dump in it his smoker grill as needed.   Congrats on the clean break “over there”.
    • leech~~
      Should really start a What yeah Smoking thread!    Another fun place we tried when up in Duluth. OMC stands for "Oink, Moo, Cluck" They serve pork cracklins for starter to test their sauces on.    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.