• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone shoot the 3.5" Browning A5?

fishin_spooge

Looking to hear from some guys that shoot the newer model in 3.5" and what they think. Leaning towards this gun over the Browning Maxus. Have a couple buddies that shoot the Maxus and love it.

Thanks for input.

Never shot it but my dad and uncle both have A5 3 inch from the 60-70's and they are awesome guns. You don't have to constantly clean them like gas auto's and they NEVER jam. I have buddies who shoot super black eagles and they are ALWAYS cleaning them because they jam.

Why do you need a 3.5? The only advantage a 3.5 inch gives you is if you're pass shooting. 3 inch is PLENTY if you decoy hunt.

My dad has the new A5 and also the maxus. He prefers the A5 over the maxus and so do I after shooting it. The A5 feels so good when mounting the gun and looking down the barrel.

On a side note, If you snow goose hunt in the spring, you can also put an extension on the A5. You cannot with the maxus.

I shoot a beretta a400 xtreme and like it a lot but if the new A5 was out when I bought mine, I would have went with the A5 instead.

My dad has the new A5 and also the maxus. He prefers the A5 over the maxus and so do I after shooting it. The A5 feels so good when mounting the gun and looking down the barrel.

On a side note, If you snow goose hunt in the spring, you can also put an extension on the A5. You cannot with the maxus.

I shoot a beretta a400 xtreme and like it a lot but if the new A5 was out when I bought mine, I would have went with the A5 instead.

I have the Beretta A400 and love it but I grew up shooting an A5. I bought an A5 this fall and absolutely love it. I now prefer the A5 just because it is familiar to me. I will not be getting rid of the A400 but will recommend either as they are both at the top of the game.

Before I would buy the A-5, I would try and find someone whom ran 10-20 boxes of 3.5" a week through it. (Like we do with our X3's in Saskatchewan) That is my primary factor in deciding which shotgun to buy. They all should be great shooting 2 3/4" and 3". Its the 3.5" that matters to me. That is why we all sold our SBE II's. Just too much repeated heavy recoil with the 3.5" on the inertia system. I want the A-5 too but I am concerned about 3/5" recoil and reliability.