• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carry straps for climbing deer stand?

Walleyehooker

Ive read on here some guys have either added carry straps to their climbing stands or modified them to make them better. Where did you get the straps or what did you do to make them better or more comfortable?

I've been thinking about this same thing. I'll have to look at a few of these options. I've also been toying around with scavenging the straps off an old pack and making my own improved straps for my climber.

I use padded accordion straps there are several manufacturers out there that make padded accordion straps I have used one for 4 years they work well

I'm gonna go with rbs and say Molle II straps, I didn't worry much about getting them with the quick releases. I use one of the climbers that Menards had on sale at the end of season a few years back, nice and solid but weighs around 20 - 25 lbs, the Molle straps make it easy to tote.

I also got the Molle II straps and waist belt. Its awesome. I hang my coats and backpack on the back of the stand and I cna carry the whole works comfortably with great support.

I have an older Gandermountain Climber I've used around for 6 years. It is kind of a tank but I am super comfortable and confident with it. I would love to get a lone wolf but just don't want to spend the money. Anyways I bought these straps off hsolist. I do a lot of back woods bow hunting so the straps have been great with back support. With my day pack it adds quite a bit of weight but I've walked miles with it on.

The straps arent connected in the picture. I actually used them to hall my nephews double stand for his youth hunt in Itasca state park.

91l4sp.jpg

full-35571-50260-img_20141020_164534_683

full-35571-50261-img_20141020_164703_404

full-35571-50262-img_20141020_164612_129

full-35571-50263-img_20141020_164712_223

Here is how I added Molle straps to my Summit Viper. I like to carry the stand with the cables down, so I had to get some 1" webbing and sew a loop on the end of 4 pieces to get the shoulder straps to secure tightly. This slight modification to the straps is great. One thing to point out is that for the straps to work on the Summit, they have to have the webbing attachment system and not the newer velcro attachment system. I leave the straps attached all the time as well. You could cut off the extra straps, but for now I have them zip tied and wrapped with hockey tape.

A few other things I did to the stand was to get a Hazmore seat, which is very comfortable and a bit more packable than the stock summit seat. It also allows me to sit higher on the stand which is nice for bowhunting. The best purchase for the stand I have made are the Thirdhand Archery stabilizer straps. These things make this stand rock solid and super safe. I would recommend them to anyone. The Thirdhand bow holder is also handy, and you don't need to screw anything into the tree.

I also added some 3m safety tread material to the platform and wrapped the front bar of the top section with foam and covered it with vet wrap. It's secured with zip ties and a few wraps of camo tape to hold it all together.

Hope this helps and gives you guys some ideas.