• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What Bino's?

MUSKY18

Dropped my bino's out of the tree tonight and they broke. So now I'm in the market for some new ones. The ones I broke are 10X50 wide angle which I like. Just looking for different opinions on what all of you use and how you like them.......

How much are you looking to spend? I have the Vortex Diamondbacks and I LOVE them. Super clear glass, dont fog up, super durable. They come with a no questions asked warranty. And it really is no questions asked. They'll run you around $300 though..

I have Vortex Vipers and agree the glass is pretty impressive for the money. Not Leica or Swarovski but... Get the best you can afford, you will appreciate the clarity, less eye strain, light gathering, brightness, etc. For deer/tree stand hunting in woods/ag (not the long open distances of the west) I would stick with the mid size vs the compacts, and would look for the better light gathering abilities of a 7x42 or 8x42 vs the size and magnification of a 10 or 12 x 40 or 50.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Maybe before you spend some good money on a new set. Find a good lanyard so you don't lose the next ones. wink

full-27051-50083-untitled.png

I have 10X42 Nikons and like those real well. Best bet is go to a store with good selection and take a peek. Find a price point and size that works for you. Then shop the features and differences.

How much are you looking to spend? I have the Vortex Diamondbacks and I LOVE them. Super clear glass, dont fog up, super durable. They come with a no questions asked warranty. And it really is no questions asked. They'll run you around $300 though..

I agree. Love my set of diamondbacks. The normal price at cabelas in this area is $225. I compared them to binocs that cost twice as much and could not see a significant difference. Easily the best I found for the money.

In the more reasonably priced category Vortex makes a great product and if you ever do drop them, they'll replace them no questions asked. Vortex is American made. Zen Ray makes a nice binoc too. Zen Ray is not an American made product.

The biggest question is how much do you want to spend. Once that's determined you'll know what your options are. For whitetail hunting an 8x binoc is usually a great option. It's smaller and lighter than a 10x and is far more than adequate in terms of magnification.

Leech.......I have a good harness, or so I thought. When I was putting them on last night, they came unhooked on the one side and done they went. First time in 5 years of using this harness.

Overall, I'm looking for something in the 150-200 dollar range. Probably limits my options but that's what the ole checkbook tells me I can afford.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Leech.......I have a good harness, or so I thought. When I was putting them on last night, they came unhooked on the one side and done they went. First time in 5 years of using this harness.

Bummer! frown