• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Kitty's??

FISHINGURU

I am not defending zimmer or turner .. as far as im am concerned Zimmer cant point fingers in any one direction without pointing at himself first . The performance by the O line , dropped passes ,stupid penalties where unexcusable

As far as bridgwater goes he wasnt the issue nor the answer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleFloyd

• Big Dave2

• FISHINGURU

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

this offensive line has been TERRIBLE all season. IF i see matt kalil get run around one more time this season i might throw up. And to think we spent the 3RD OVERALL PICK on this guy!!! HES AWEFUL! The offensive line has been the biggest problem all season long and its not even close.

Teddy made a horrible decision on that first interception. Other then that he had zero time to do anything

this offensive line has been TERRIBLE all season. IF i see matt kalil get run around one more time this season i might throw up. And to think we spent the 3RD OVERALL PICK on this guy!!! HES AWEFUL! The offensive line has been the biggest problem all season long and its not even close.

Teddy made a horrible decision on that first interception. Other then that he had zero time to do anything

I do find it interesting that when Ponder looks like dump(which he is) that it is all on him but when Teddy looks like dump all of the sudden the line is terrible.\\

Only thing worse than the O-line today was those god awful announcers. Were those guys picked up from off the street. The one guy was calling the Vikes coach Don Zimmer lol

Against a banged up team, the queens still didn't look to good. The good news is after week 6 you are most likely the favorite to get the first round draft pick

full-13775-49986-itsover.jpg

Against a banged up team, the queens still didn't look to good. The good news is after week 6 you are most likely the favorite to get the first round draft pick

full-13775-49986-itsover.jpg

Maybe they can draft another once in a decade LT to shore up the OL like they did a few years back.

Don zimmer lol I heard that too. And golden Tate was playing for the vikes too. The one guy was from ufc. Goldberg. They were awful. There wasn't even a cute change of pace sideline reporter!

They (the announcers) made mistakes every play. Don Zimmer was on the sideline. Jim Caldwell was so happy to have Norv Turner on his sideline. Golden Tate was playing great for the Vikings. Sam Martin was punting for both the Lions and the Vikings. Sherrif Floyd changed his first name. Joqiue Bell continued from where he left off last week (he didn't play last week). Antonio Rowbison (Brian Robison) put some pressure on Stafford.

Just to name a few lol

OK real vikings fans let's take a deep breath here. The lions are not the lions of old. They actually have a very good defense. #1 rated in fact if you care about specifics. Our o line is terrible. But they were made worse by one of the best d lines in football.

Fusco out for the year hurts. Blocking backs are not our strong suit but I am really disappointed in preparation considering 10 days rest.

Teddy will be just fine against most other teams. There wasn't enough time for receivers to get down field or open. McKinnon could be a fun guy to watch for years to come.

I was counting on this to be a win to get us to 3-3. Clearly the lions are better than I thought. It should ease a bit for a couple weeks hopefully we can get a few W's to build confidence.

I do find it interesting that when Ponder looks like dump(which he is) that it is all on him but when Teddy looks like dump all of the sudden the line is terrible.\\

You noticed that too? The O-line wasn't bad last week, they just quit playing for Ponder, remember? LOL laugh

Ponder has looked terrible his whole career, no matter how good or bad the o line plays

Not true.He played very good during the first half of his second year. Pretty much right up to the time he met his wife. He looked great against the Packers, led the team to victory against the niners and even had a week or so where the media was talking possible MVP before the estrus got to him. That was also the same year AP ran for 2k but had a slow start that can not be used to explain how good Ponder looked early.

For whatever reason after he met Sam he lost his focus and his career has been in the toilet since and he no longer belongs in the league, but he did have a stretch where he did actually look good.

"good" is relative. i would say he played ok for a short stretch of games. At no time did he ever really look like a franchise QB.

"good" is relative. i would say he played ok for a short stretch of games. At no time did he ever really look like a franchise QB.
Agreed that he never looked franchise. He did have a nice run for a time where he did look like he could play in this league. That was short lived.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I think what this game told me today for the rest of the season is. I can take a nap when we come in from Bow hunting at noon instead of wasting my awake time! sleep

Quote:
Quarterback Christian Ponder led Minnesota to a 24-13 upset over the San Francisco 49ers last Sunday, going 21-for-35 for 198 yards with two passing touchdowns, and a 23-yard run for a score. Ponder has not thrown an interception this season and is second in the league with a 70.1 completion percentage.

Along with Ponder, running back Adrian Peterson rushed 25 times for 86 yards and kept the San Francisco offense on the sidelines.

Quote:
Second-year quarterback Christian Ponder has the Minnesota Vikings heading in the right direction and on the verge of matching their win total of last season.

To do so, they'll have to end a three-game losing streak to the Detroit Lions, who are optimistic that quarterback Matthew Stafford will be healthy enough to go Sunday at Ford Field.

Ponder is second in the NFL with a 70.1 completion percentage and fifth in passer rating at 104.9. He went 21 of 35 for 198 yards and two touchdowns in a 24-13 victory over previously undefeated San Francisco last week.

"The more plays I get, the more film I watch, it slows down and I just feel so much more comfortable in what I'm doing," said Ponder, who also ran for a score. "And it helps when the players around you are playing so well."

I'm not sure I get your point. All I see is that Ponder had a normal game with less than 200 yards and a 3 game losing streak that they hoped to end so that they could match the previous season's 6 win total. crazy

I quit watching after the 1st time they had the ball in the 4th quarter.I'm with the guys on the horrible announcers.That might have been the worst telecast of a NFL game I've ever seen. sick

Against a banged up team, the queens still didn't look to good.

That is some irony there!!

LABS- Thought you don't watch Vikes games or cheer for them, you always have better things to be doing?

I love how some of these guys (you know who) don't watch Vikes games or any football for that matter when they are wrong, but if they think they are right about something they are on during the games posting.

If they are wrong they aren't on for days, were really busy, and had better things to do then watch the games. IALTO grin

I personally wouldn't compare Blunders poor performance to Rookie Teddys. Experienced Blunder couldn't move the ball past the 40 yard line against the Fudges poor defense.

Rookie Teddy was going against the Lions D, one of the best in the league so far this season. We still drove down on the first drive at ease until Teddy made a poor decision trying to force it to Patterson. We were driving nice before the half when Asiata let one go right through his hands into for another INT.

Either way we lost and played poor, I wonder why our D is horrid until we give them the first TD then we buckle down and play well. Doesn't matter much when you can't get any points on the board.

I wouldn't be down on the coaching staff yet, wait for a couple drafts and free agency periods first. They are only playing the junk hand they were dealt.

Oh, and about the announcers. Were you guys watching the end of the Bengals game when Dalton was just laying down to set up the field goal and the announcer got all excited and said he fumbled and had to jump to cover it up!!

Time for some lasik grin

I wouldn't be down on the coaching staff yet, wait for a couple drafts and free agency periods first. They are only playing the junk hand they were dealt.

Yup. New coaching staff, young players, and a rook QB with 2 NFL starts under his belt. Give the team some time to develop and give the staff time to put their players/program in place. If after a couple years it sucks then it's time to bag on the staff.

You can look at Petie out in Seattle as a real good example.

I was at work so I didn't get to see the game but the wife told me that she could have announced the game better than the, and I quote, "Two dork mouthed nit wits" that did the announcing.

LABS- Thought you don't watch Vikes games or cheer for them, you always have better things to be doing?

I love how some of these guys (you know who) don't watch Vikes games or any football for that matter when they are wrong, but if they think they are right about something they are on during the games posting.

If they are wrong they aren't on for days, were really busy, and had better things to do then watch the games. IALTO grin

I personally wouldn't compare Blunders poor performance to Rookie Teddys.

Settle down Guru... I never said I don't watch the Vikings... it's what I have access to. SO I watch. When they play like yesterday, I WILL find something better to do. Glad you were able to stomach that if you watched the complete game. And yes, you are correct I do not root for them, never have, never will... but I like to watch football, that was not football!

And yes I will point out it doesnt matter if it's precious Teddy or Flounder out there... The team didn't give up against the Packers anymore than they did yesterday... they just plain SUCK! Trot out whomever you want, that entire Oline blows! Jennings blows! I think he is content to cash his big check every week.... Patterson has his head in the clouds, Asiata? no idea what is going on with him...

Spin it however you want... they are a team mimimally better than last year... Dimmer better get control of his team... they hardly look to be the polished, fundamentla team everyone was predicting with him at the helm.

Good Luck!

Ken