• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Fudge??

FISHINGURU

What a jeckyl and hyde team the vikings are. THey either get blow out or they blow out the other team. Aside from those first two TDs the defense I thought was certainly slowing them down, but you had 3 turnovers on successive drives, one a pick 6 and another with a very short field. That doesnt help at all. I had no expectations on this game. Now, they have 10 days to prep for Detroit at home and be right at my 3-3 prediction out of the first 6 games.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Big Dave2

• amateurfishing

• LMITOUT

My main impression is that the team knew they had zero chance with Ponder after the first five minutes and enough of them gave up that it turned into the game it did. Most gave full effort I'm sure but a few can easily ruin it.

they are pros getting paid to play. If any of them gave up they should be released immediately. They played hard for Ponder 2 years ago and he had 10 wins. If they sand bagged last night, they are a more pathetic team than I even thought!

On the bright side, Ponder had nearly 100 more passing yards than Rogers and dominated him in rushing yards. Stats don't lie. He clearly stacks up favorably with one of the best QBs in the league. grin

Ponderholic......

The words of Uncle Ted Nugent,,"are you kidding me". The vikings were playing well till the wheels fell off? The team was doomed once they heard Ponder was playing? They were already getting torched 14-0 zero with recievers running wide open, running backs bangin out 20 a crack in the first qtr. These guys are pros if just cause starting qb is out they bow down. Are you kidding me this was the most embarrassing game I've seen. Sundays just opened up. Free time.

What a jeckyl and hyde team the vikings are. THey either get blow out or they blow out the other team. Aside from those first two TDs the defense I thought was certainly slowing them down, but you had 3 turnovers on successive drives, one a pick 6 and another with a very short field. That doesnt help at all. I had no expectations on this game. Now, they have 10 days to prep for Detroit at home and be right at my 3-3 prediction out of the first 6 games.

Really? I missed the first quarter and I didnt see anything good for the defensein the next 3 except when Flynn was in... and then the last run by Lacy where he reversed the field and carried Blantin into the end zone... There was not LB or secondary in the play except Blantin and he was out sized.

Really? I missed the first quarter and I didnt see anything good for the defensein the next 3 except when Flynn was in... and then the last run by Lacy where he reversed the field and carried Blantin into the end zone... There was not LB or secondary in the play except Blantin and he was out sized.

You must not have watched the second quarter then because after Green Bay got the 14 point lead, they had 5 consecutive "3 and out" drives before the turnover fiasco. I'd say any time you hold ANY team to 5 CONSECUTIVE punts, you're doing all right -- and this was 5 consecutive three and outs. We're not talking just 'bend-but-not-break defense, but immediately getting the ball back for the pathetic offense. The slow offensive start and then the turnovers by blunder were what doomed this game.

Don't forget that this is a Packers offense that did not punt one time last week against the Bears. The Vikings forced them into a 3-and-out on the first drive. The defense played relatively well but Ponder, the rest of the offense, and even the special teams did not play well. Eventually the defense succumbed but this was still a team loss.

1) I hope Zim has those guys in pads through next Wednesday. No mercy.

2) Release Ponder and either acquire an actual backup QB, or promote one of the practice guys up

3) The rest of the guys should play as hard as they do for Ponder as they did for Teddy last week. They are supposed to be professionals.

Not disprespecting GB, because they always own the Vikes lately, but the Vikes were utterly laughable last night. Almost everyone.

I think pretty much everybody knew what was going to happen once Ponder was named the starter. Gurus points were all spot-on.

So, the Vikes are 2-3 after a stretch that many saw them going 0-5...I think, given the schedule, we can all live with that.

Move forward...Teddy will be back.

3 glaring facts that are very repetitive with ponder

1. Inability to move the offense anytime or anywhere, when they won with him it was all because of #28.

2. Interceptions

3. Propensity for other team to have great field position and very short field (tandem to #1).

Sadly though the last 2 games defense has been scorched out of the gate on first 2 drives leaving offense already down by 14 in first quarter early something zimmer should be fuming over.

Defense can and does play decent at times but when constantly defending a short field with zero room for errors its easy to end up with a game like last night when constantly loosing field position game.

IMO, this Vikings team is kinda "soft" right now.

With hearing the news about AP getting suspended they come out and get blown out by the Pats. Same thing last night...Teddy not playing and the whole team kinda just throws the towel in.

I watched Zimmers presser last night after the game and I'll bet we'll all see a much more animated head coach from here on out.

So, the Vikes are 2-3 after a stretch that many saw them going 0-5...I think, given the schedule, we can all live with that.

Except it appears that The Rams are proving to be a terrible team and the Falcons may not be much better.

Has a team ever retired a number for poor play? Once Ponder is gone, I think fans will only have bad memories if another #7 runs out on the field.

Has a team ever retired a number for poor play? Once Ponder is gone, I think fans will only have bad memories if another #7 runs out on the field.

tarvarisx-large_zps0031f568.jpg

Doesn't really matter who they beat or didn't beat BigD...after 5 games they're 2-3.

Most people felt if this team could go 8-8 this year that would be considered a good 1st year under Zimmer. The're still on pace...

Move forward...Teddy will be back.

Doesn't really matter who they beat or didn't beat BigD...after 5 games they're 2-3.

Most people felt if this team could go 8-8 this year that would be considered a good 1st year under Zimmer. The're still on pace...

full-593-49632-hope4sale.jpg

You must not have watched the second quarter then because after Green Bay got the 14 point lead, they had 5 consecutive "3 and out" drives before the turnover fiasco. I'd say any time you hold ANY team to 5 CONSECUTIVE punts, you're doing all right -- and this was 5 consecutive three and outs. We're not talking just 'bend-but-not-break defense, but immediately getting the ball back for the pathetic offense. The slow offensive start and then the turnovers by blunder were what doomed this game.

Not sure where it was in the second I came in... right before GB intercepted and ran it in... From that point forward I didn't see a lot of D

They won't be after they lose to the Lions.

We will have a legit shot against the Motor City Kitty's at home with Teddy near or at 100%. The sky isn't falling, only people that are pouting are the people that really thought we had any kind of shot at a victory with Blunder at the helm.

I feel bad for anyone who thought the team was good enough to win with the worst QB in the game, away, on the short week, with no AP.

It will be another smoke show against the Lions, dont fool yourself into thinking this team is any good. The Lions are a good team, the Vikings are not!

I feel bad for anyone who thought the team was good enough to win with the worst QB in the game, away, on the short week, with no AP.

What a defeatist attitude. Didn't Ponder beat the Pack to head into the playoffs 2 years ago? Its not illegal for the rest of the team to pick up their play to support a very questionable QB. As the O-line seemed to do for a rookie in his first start. At the very least we should have been able to get out and block for some RB yardage.

Ponder is terrible, but I didn't see many around him giving much either. Thats why I hope Zim gets that attitude corrected right away. And then the team moves on against Detroit, with Teddy.

I was suprised they couldn't get up for the game, but with all that's gone on, All Night, Greenway, Rudolph all out for the game it doesn't surprise me that they gave it such a poor effort with Ponder at the QB position. They need to cut Ponder. He just brings bad vibes for the entire team.

After they cut All Night next year, I hope they are able to sign a decent Offensive line or some linebackers.

I was hoping for the best and expecting the worst last night.

I figured at the onset of the season with the teams they were playing, I thought if we went 2 and 6 for the first 8, that would be about it.

Now, with all the injured players I did not believe the game with GB would be anything but poor at best with the Vike's losing.

We have a new coaching staff, look at the players and key players who are out right now and what else could one have expected last night?

Then throw Ponder in the mix and we got what was expected.

One has to remember that the Viking were poor last season, factor in all the injuries and the loss of AP, then add in a new coaching staff and you get what you have.

I have no doubt that in a year or maybe another, the Vikes will be more than fine, patience and giving the team a chance to get healthy and the coaching staff more than 4 games and the results will be much different.

One cannot expect a miracle in 4 games with all that is going on with the entire team right no0w.

They are professionals and should all be able to play, but any team lose your top 2 QB's, MVP RB, Top TE and the leading tackler for the past 6 YEARS... and play a MVP caliber QB on their turf. Yeah you go do that and show me a win.

Vikes went to gun fight with a water pistol. Now, does that excuse that horrible effort? No but cmon, Hey GB, how did you guys do last year while A Rodgers was out?

Before we declare this a total bust of a franchise and implode it think about what cards we have been dealt this season... All I am saying.

.... and most people were honestly saying with the vikes brutal first month schedule they would b very happy with a 2-3 start and that was with expectations of having cassel, peterson, greenway, rudolph, etc. Lots of correctible mistakes and lighting a fire under all linemen is over due. Much softer part of schedule coming up now. If they lay eggs next 5 weeks I suspect lot of veterans will have exaining to do or will see bench. Its obvious Zimmer is seeing lots of problems and will not hesitate to make mid season changes as he sees fit. Previous 2 coaching regimes would never let go of a nookie blanket no matter how soiled or trashed it was. And if change doesnt happen on the field I would fore see a huge influx of even younger more teachable talent than we already have now.

The packers pulled together as a team last season and squeaked into the playoffs. Ponders a scapegoat, where was the d and the running game from last week vs atl. The vikes didn't look like they were playing as a team last night and the most guilty party was the o line IMO. This coming from a diehard packer fan who enjoys the rivalry.

As the O-line seemed to do for a rookie in his first start. At the very least we should have been able to get out and block for some RB yardage.

Ponder is terrible, but I didn't see many around him giving much either.

C'MON Man!! Do you really think the O-line blocked for Teddy but not for Blunder?

It's because Teddy sees the blitz, feels the pressure and gets rid of the ball, Blunder don't see anything and holds the ball and dances around like a goon. Plain and simple.

Do you really think you can run the ball when the defense has 0 respect for the passing game? Why would any defense play the pass when Blunder is QB? Your not going anywhere with Asiata and Mckinnon when the defense is playing the run every play.

That's correct.

Zimmer even called Ponder "out" last night in his presser for NOT making the correct line calls at the LOS.

There's a reason the so-called great QB's don't get touched often...and it's not because they have great OL in front of them. They read the D, make the right calls and deliver the ball.

How clean was that pocket last week with Teddy making the calls...0 sacks. Same line with Ponder and it was a fire-storm.

It's not that hard to figure out what's the missing link.....

Good if ponder made the wrong reads or line calls I'm glad zimmer made a point to call him out. No one should be above that. The packers blitzed a ton knowing ponder wouldn't be prepared and had him clearly rattled.

Regroup, get healthy and in 10 days destroy the lions