• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why isn't this happening?

LwnmwnMan2

IF AP would come out in public and say this.....

"I apologize to my child. I've since learned that this type of punishment is not okay. I am taking counseling with my family, I am going to learn how to be a better parent. I am donating this year's salary to the AllDay Foundation and any bonuses I may earn from my achievements on the field to help fight child abuse and teach parents that were raised as I was so that we can end this cycle of child abuse."

He would be back on the field, everyone would be cheering for him to get 2,500 yards, he would again be a hero.

I don't get why this isn't happening.

Then if the courts found him guilty, everyone would be [PoorWordUsage] at the courts. "what are you doing??? he's trying to be a better man!!"

seems like a good plan to me.

I do think that Ray Rice and AP are hoping for some different news in the world that pushes these abuse stories off of the front page.

AP and his representation must not be bright enough. That would of been the easiest way to handle this situation.

I thought for sure his statement would of been similar to what you said.

They had a chance to turn a negative into a positive and blew it.

If he did this I think people would see through it and see that he is only doing it for himself and his future in football.

Okay, I get the cynical are always going to feel that way. However, what good does it do to have him sit out? Use it as a positive.

How could it not be a positive if he showed he truly sent his money over to the people that helped with child abuse?

Granted I'm not sure how much that would be after his own 7 kids got their share, but still, if he didn't collect a paycheck all year.

Okay, I get the cynical are always going to feel that way.

The non-fans want their pound of flesh.

Once they get it, they will go back to watching Ellen. wink

Do you believe anything anyone says? I don't.

Only people you have to try and calm down these days are the people that read news that is "trending". Without social media this story would of never even been heard of, it took 5 months to find out about it.

If he would of said it's not ok and he'll never do it again, he wants to teach others that this is no longer the proper way to punish a child they'd all think he was just great for standing up admitting his mistakes and try to teach others it's wrong.

The non-fans want their pound of flesh.

Once they get it, they will go back to watching Ellen. wink

So this is your way of saying that people who are against child abuse are "Ellen watchers". I bet you feel the same way about woman beaters and pedophiles don't ya. crazy

So this is your way of saying that people who are against child abuse are "Ellen watchers". I bet you feel the same way about woman beaters and pedophiles don't ya. crazy

Can ya get anymore dramatic, flip ??...

dramasmileyf.gif

Do you believe anything anyone says? I don't.

Only people you have to try and calm down these days are the people that read news that is "trending". Without social media this story would of never even been heard of, it took 5 months to find out about it.

If he would of said it's not ok and he'll never do it again, he wants to teach others that this is no longer the proper way to punish a child they'd all think he was just great for standing up admitting his mistakes and try to teach others it's wrong.

This kind of behavior survives best in secret out the public eye.

And a lot of people I know are at least as appalled by his saying he believes beating a kid like that is OK as they are that he did it.

IMO, by barring AP from playing, it sweeps it under the rug, gets it out of the spot light.

If he were to come out, make the statement, saying he's playing for abused children everywhere, NFL puts a domestic abuse sticker / patch on the uniform, are you not bring it out of the dark corners? from behind closed doors? are you not getting it to the forefront and possibly actually doing something about it?

But no, let's just kick everyone out of the league and hope they change somewhere else.

The timing of WHEN the person makes suchs statements will show the sincerity.

I agree this approach would have taken a lot of the heat off. Wouldnt have made what he did OK, but at least slowed some of the criticism.

What I honestly worry about is that the AP and Ray Rice situations make it harder for others to point out these problems in the future. Victims of abuse always find ways to shoulder some or most of the blame, if the abuser is likely to lose their job it's just another reason NOT to tell somebody about the abuse. The abuse victim may not want their sole source of income (the abuser) to lose their job.

I'm with LwnmwnMan2 that what would be better for everybody, is if AP acknowledged that there are boundaries to punishments, he may have crossed one, and is in counseling/training/bootcamp to learn better ways to parent. I'd still be cynical too but at least he would be on the right path. Right now he's not playing and probably not learning anything, except that negative publicity sucks.

If AP would have made this type of statement in May or June it would have been a lot more believeable.

Now that he's been charged and going through the legal process it would seem much less sincere.

IF AP would come out in public and say this.....

"I apologize to my child. I've since learned that this type of punishment is not okay. I am taking counseling with my family, I am going to learn how to be a better parent. I am donating this year's salary to the AllDay Foundation and any bonuses I may earn from my achievements on the field to help fight child abuse and teach parents that were raised as I was so that we can end this cycle of child abuse."

He would be back on the field, everyone would be cheering for him to get 2,500 yards, he would again be a hero.

I don't get why this isn't happening.

Then if the courts found him guilty, everyone would be [PoorWordUsage] at the courts. "what are you doing??? he's trying to be a better man!!"

Because he simply believes he didn't do anything wrong.....