• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amateurfishing

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

I would guess that LMIT and most of the others here realize that I was joking on the superbowl thing.

Only the densest of the dense wouldn't.

You are the one assuming everything. He had a perfectly clean record till now. There is not a single business in this world that just dumps their best/most talented/most productive employee for nothing. He will finish the season playing on the field for the vikings (unless nfl drags feet bigtime or injured) since he cannot be traded anymore this season and will c how the chips fall in off season. He is a phenomenal asset to the community even with this mark on his record.

5 kids with 4 different mothers, what an asset to the community. He's a real model for our youth. Yeah, rumor has it he's supporting all of them, but what will happen when he blows out a knee permanently? Then the money stops and we get to support his kids.

Man, I can't believe how AP broke some of your guy's hearts, it must be earth shattering!!

Just a few months ago he was one of the greatest ever and did so much with his events and foundations for the kids and community.

I'd be willing to bet he's done more for kids and the community then all of us put together.

Philanthropic endeavors

Make a wish foundation

Special olympics

Second harvest

Taste of nfl

Im sure his family is taken care of and he will learn from his mistakes.

Just because some may not agree with him being a public figure anymore does not mean he is not a community asset.

You support his kids?! LoL.....only if he ever declares bankruptcy.

Sounds like your jealous of what he has, concerned bout his kids & his $$$$.

Regardless, he still hasn't "done any time" and the NFL still has their domestic abuse policy to fall back on to throw the book at him...and should.

Not playing 8 games isnt doing time?! Take game checks away and call it time served.

I see your point, but 95% of NFL players dont make the kind of money AP does.

It still is truly sad that 78% file bankruptcy considering the amount of coin they do make.

AP could be in trouble. I mean, the only money he has coming in now and for the foreseeable future is from his NFL team. Lost all of his sponsors.

Quote:

...despite those staggering salaries, 78% of NFL players ... file bankruptcy within five years of retirement.

I see your point, but 95% of NFL players dont make the kind of money AP does.

It still is truly sad that 78% file bankruptcy considering the amount of coin they do make.

AP could be in trouble. I mean, the only money he has coming in now and for the foreseeable future is from his NFL team. Lost all of his sponsors.

Good point, the 78% figure is league-wide, and he makes top-tier salary. He might be all right yet. I'd guess odds are good he'll have enough to pay child support. Even at 50k per kid that's only a quarter mil a year in child support. If he's invested his millions well, should not have to worry much about coming up with that kind of coin. Figure over 18 years that's about 4 million bucks total -- about 1/3 of what he made this year alone.

How many millions did Evander make and how much child support does that guy have to pay out? AP is screwed later in life. He saw a hole and burst right through it, I guess he just couldnt turn that off.

Few good games and no crying from the media and AP will have sponsors again.

I'd bet there are 20 teams that would be willing to sign him if we release him. I think the Vikes still want him though, atleast for the rest of this season if we can.

Few good games and no crying from the media and AP will have sponsors again.

I'd bet there are 20 teams that would be willing to sign him if we release him. I think the Vikes still want him though, atleast for the rest of this season if we can.

A lot of the depends on the NFL. Far as I know they are the ones that are keeping him from playing.

A lot of the depends on the NFL. Far as I know they are the ones that are keeping him from playing.

Because of the backlash from the sponsors.

Come'on guys, he's a child abuser. He also has no respect for women....obviously. Let's not forget, he paid for a sex party in a hotel using a credit card for his charity, then when one women got jealous because she saw him having sex with another woman, he reminded both of them that he was engaged to yet....yes, another woman! The Vikings should just cut ties with this over-the-hill, over-paid, whip a 4 year old with a stick running back. Our team has done just fine without AP. Let someone else foot the bill. And, with a new stadium coming, the Superbowl in a couple years, this is PR the Wilfs cannot afford, and the sponsors have already made their voices heard. So, if you really LOVE AP, you'll probably have to get DishTV so you can watch him play for the Cowboys. Just sayin

Wannafish2

"Let's not forget, he paid for a sex party in a hotel using a credit card for his charity, then when one women got jealous because she saw him having sex with another woman, he reminded both of them that he was engaged to yet....yes, another woman!"

I had almost forgotten about that.

The Vikings should just cut ties with this over-the-hill, over-paid, whip a 4 year old with a stick running back.

AP isn't doing himself any favors.

source

Quote:
Report: Peterson Declined NFL Disciplinary Hearing

4 hours ago

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson skipped Friday's disciplinary meeting earlier in the week.

According to ESPN.com's Adam Schefter, Peterson agreed to the meeting earlier in the week, but still did not go.

This meeting that would've been on Friday would've been more important than Monday's scheduled meeting because it would've been about the decision for Peterson's past and future. Here's what a league official told Schefter:

"We informed the union that we were unwilling to postpone the hearing beyond this week given that the player and union had both expressed a strong desire to resolve this matter as soon as possible, and we had been given no meaningful reason why Adrian and the union could not appear and participate," a league official told ESPN. "We offered other alternatives for this week, but those also were not acceptable. We also have yet to receive more than cursory materials in response to our requests for information on the case. Accordingly, we went forward with the review on Friday as scheduled.

"We had hoped that Adrian would take advantage of his opportunity to be heard and present whatever information he believes should be considered before a decision on discipline, counseling and services is made. Because he and the NFLPA elected not to do so, we will have to address this based on the information currently available to us."

Roger is a liar and so are those who work with him. The players union is not going to allow one of their members to follow through with some shady meeting with D-Bag Goodell and his minions. The fact that they are making up new rules and processes as they go along tells you just how incompetent and lost they are.

Adrian Peterson issues statement, questions NFL discipline process

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2014, 9:39 AM EST

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is denying that he backed out of an agreed-upon meeting with the NFL, a meeting that might have served to help him in his quest to be reinstated following his no contest plea on a charge of injuring his son.

In a statement released by the NFL Players Association, Peterson said that the players’ union advised him the meeting that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wanted him to attend on Friday was inconsistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

“The report that I backed out of a meeting with the NFL is just not true,” Peterson said in the statement. “When Roger Goodell’s office asked that I attend the ‘hearing’ on Friday, I consulted with my union and learned that this ‘hearing’ was something new and inconsistent with the CBA. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this past week, my union sent emails, letters, and had conversations with his office on my behalf asking about the nature of the hearing, how it was to occur, who would participate, and its purpose. We repeatedly asked them to respond quickly to my questions because I want to cooperate and get back on the field, but they didn’t respond until late Wednesday evening, and even then they didn’t answer important questions about their proposed ‘hearing.’”

Peterson says he has informed the NFL that he will participate in the ordinary process for players who are facing discipline under the league’s personal-conduct policy. But he will not take part in something that he sees as little more than the NFL making up new rules to keep him off the field.

“After consulting with the union, I told the NFL that I will attend the standard meeting with the Commissioner prior to possible imposition of discipline, as has been the long-term practice under the CBA, but I wouldn’t participate in a newly created and non-collectively bargained pre-discipline ‘hearing’ that would include outside people I don’t know and who would have roles in the process that the NFL wouldn’t disclose,” the statement said. “At this point, I’ve resolved my matter in the criminal court; I’ve worked to make amends for what I’ve done; I’ve missed most of the season, and I stand ready to be candid and forthcoming with Mr. Goodell about what happened. However, I will not allow the NFL to impose a new process of discipline on me, ignore the CBA, ignore the deal they agreed to with me, and behave without fairness or accountability. The process they are pushing is arbitrary, inconsistent, and contrary to what they agreed to do, and for those reasons, I never agreed to the hearing. I’m sorry for all of this, but I can’t excuse their refusal to be fair.”

The fight between Peterson and the NFL does not appear likely to end soon.

Roger is a liar and so are those who work with him. The players union is not going to allow one of their members to follow through with some shady meeting with D-Bag Goodell and his minions. The fact that they are making up new rules and processes as they go along tells you just how incompetent and lost they are.

Adrian Peterson issues statement, questions NFL discipline process

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2014, 9:39 AM EST

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is denying that he backed out of an agreed-upon meeting with the NFL, a meeting that might have served to help him in his quest to be reinstated following his no contest plea on a charge of injuring his son.

In a statement released by the NFL Players Association, Peterson said that the players’ union advised him the meeting that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wanted him to attend on Friday was inconsistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

“The report that I backed out of a meeting with the NFL is just not true,” Peterson said in the statement. “When Roger Goodell’s office asked that I attend the ‘hearing’ on Friday, I consulted with my union and learned that this ‘hearing’ was something new and inconsistent with the CBA. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this past week, my union sent emails, letters, and had conversations with his office on my behalf asking about the nature of the hearing, how it was to occur, who would participate, and its purpose. We repeatedly asked them to respond quickly to my questions because I want to cooperate and get back on the field, but they didn’t respond until late Wednesday evening, and even then they didn’t answer important questions about their proposed ‘hearing.’”

Peterson says he has informed the NFL that he will participate in the ordinary process for players who are facing discipline under the league’s personal-conduct policy. But he will not take part in something that he sees as little more than the NFL making up new rules to keep him off the field.

“After consulting with the union, I told the NFL that I will attend the standard meeting with the Commissioner prior to possible imposition of discipline, as has been the long-term practice under the CBA, but I wouldn’t participate in a newly created and non-collectively bargained pre-discipline ‘hearing’ that would include outside people I don’t know and who would have roles in the process that the NFL wouldn’t disclose,” the statement said. “At this point, I’ve resolved my matter in the criminal court; I’ve worked to make amends for what I’ve done; I’ve missed most of the season, and I stand ready to be candid and forthcoming with Mr. Goodell about what happened. However, I will not allow the NFL to impose a new process of discipline on me, ignore the CBA, ignore the deal they agreed to with me, and behave without fairness or accountability. The process they are pushing is arbitrary, inconsistent, and contrary to what they agreed to do, and for those reasons, I never agreed to the hearing. I’m sorry for all of this, but I can’t excuse their refusal to be fair.”

The fight between Peterson and the NFL does not appear likely to end soon.

AP has no reason not to show up unless encouraged not to by his counsel. This has the smell of rat all over it that AP and counsel not getting sucked into NFL pi$$ing pr match. AP can sue for liable while Goodell continues to attept to sugar coat it for NFL sponsers which does not sound like is working right now. Goodell is keeping him off the field for this reason and this reason only.

Looks like the are following their conduct policy. Probably easier to read in the link.

NFL conduct policy

Quote:
Standard of Conduct:

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons

who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for

persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid

being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club,

you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is

responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful.

Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental

and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a

crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

 Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or

threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft

and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest;

disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;

 Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances

of abuse;

 Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside

the workplace;

 Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but

not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team

planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon

outside of the workplace;

 Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of

another person; and

 Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the

NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.

Evaluation, Counseling and Treatment:

Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged or otherwise appearing to have

engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy generally will be required to undergo a formal

clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or Effective: June 1, 2014

required to participate in an education program, counseling or other treatment deemed

appropriate by health professionals. The evaluation and any resulting counseling or treatment are

designed to provide assistance and are not considered discipline; however, the failure to comply

with this portion of the Policy shall itself constitute a separate and independent basis for

discipline.

Discipline:

Upon learning of conduct that may give rise to discipline, the League may initiate an

investigation to include interviews and information gathering from medical, law enforcement,

and other relevant professionals. On matters involving NFL players, the League will

timely advise the NFLPA of the investigation and outcome. As appropriate, the employee

will also have the opportunity, represented by counsel and/or a union official, to

address the conduct at issue. Upon conclusion of the investigation, the Commissioner will

have full authority to impose discipline as warranted.

Discipline may take the form of fines, suspension, or banishment from the League and

may include a probationary period and conditions that must be satisfied prior to or

following reinstatement. The specifics of the disciplinary response will be based on the nature

of the incident, the actual or threatened risk to the participant and others, any prior or

additional misconduct (whether or not criminal charges were filed), and other relevant

factors.

Unless the available facts clearly indicate egregious circumstances, significant bodily harm or

risk to third parties, or an immediate and substantial risk to the integrity and reputation of the

NFL, a first offense generally will not result in discipline until there has been a disposition of

the proceeding (or until the investigation is complete in the case of noncriminal

misconduct).

With respect to repeat offenders, the Commissioner may impose discipline on an enhanced

and/or expedited basis. In such cases, the timing and nature of the discipline will be

determined by the Commissioner based on several factors including but not limited to: the

severity of the initial charge and later charge; the facts underlying the later charge; the

length of time between the initial offense and later charge; and the player or employee’s

compliance with counseling and other programs. Following a full investigation and/or

resolution of the proceedings, the Commissioner will review the matter and make any

appropriate adjustments.

Hearing Rights:

Following the imposition of discipline, the affected person will have the right to appeal the

decision. (For players, the disciplinary decision must be appealed within three (3) business

days.) Persons filing an appeal shall be entitled to a prompt hearing pursuant to Article 46

of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, to be conducted

by the Commissioner or his designee. In cases involving players, the NFLPA will be entitled

to participate in the hearing. Effective: June 1, 2014

Reinstatement:

Any person suspended indefinitely or for at least one year may seek reinstatement beginning

one month prior to the one-year anniversary of the suspension. As part of his consideration

of the application for reinstatement from a player, the Commissioner will seek the views

of the NFLPA and may consult medical, law enforcement, and other relevant professionals.

Other Provisions:

Covered Persons – This policy applies to all players under contract; all coaches; all game

officials; all full-time employees of the NFL, NFL clubs, and all NFL-related entities; all rookie

players once they are selected in the NFL college draft; and all undrafted rookie players,

unsigned veterans who were under contract in the prior League Year, and other prospective

employees once they commence negotiations with a club concerning employment. Clubs are

strongly encouraged to communicate this policy to independent contractors and consultants

and to make clear that violations of this policy will be grounds for terminating a

business relationship .

“Disposition of a Criminal Proceeding” – includes an adjudication of guilt or admission to a

criminal violation; a plea to a lesser included offense; a plea of nolo c ontendere or no

contest; or the disposition of the proceeding through a diversionary program, deferred

adjudication, disposition of supervision, conditional dismissal or similar arrangements.

“Probationary Period” – Persons found to have violated this policy may be placed on a

period of probation as determined by the Commissioner. During such period, restrictions on

certain activities, limitations on participation in Club activities, or other conditions may be

imposed.

Repeat Offenders – Persons who have had previous violations of law or of this policy may

be considered repeat offenders. When appropriate, conduct occurring prior to the person’s

association with the League will be considered.

Reporting of Incidents – The League must be advised promptly of any incident that may

be a violation of this policy, and particularly when any conduct results in an arrest or

other criminal charge. Players and club employees must report any such incident to the club,

which must then report it to NFL Security at (800) NFL -1099. Failure to report an incident

will constitute conduct detrimental and will be taken into consideration in making disciplinary

determination under this policy. Clubs are also required to report incidents that come to their

attention.

Assistance – Players and employees are encouraged to consult with your Club’s Director of

Player Engagement or with the NFL’s Player Engagement department to obtain access to

educational, counseling, and other programs and resources that will help in avoiding

misconduct that may result in discipline.

Peterson Done For the Year.

Quote:
ABC News: Adrian Peterson Suspended without Pay for Remainder of 2014 Season

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been suspended without pay for at least the remainder of the 2014 NFL season and won’t be considered for reinstatement before April 15, ABC News reported Tuesday.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a letter to Peterson that his reinstatement will be based on results from his counseling and treatment program.

Peterson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of reckless assault for using a wooden switch to discipline his son earlier this year in suburban Houston. He received what is essentially probation, was fined $4,000 and must complete parenting classes and perform 80 hours of community service.

I would guess that we will never see him in Purple again. Pretty sure that with the suspension he cant do anything team related, and that includes contract negotiation, etc. In a way the league is forcing us to cut him. I would bet that one of the close Superbowl contenders is gonna scoop him up cheap. Seattle, Denver in major need of a running game. New England could get by with picking him up, and then of course he has said he would like to play in Dallas.

With being due $13 million next year I think the Vikes have to say the heck with this cause its a losing battle and just move on. They should cut him today.

This has got enough bad press nationwide that the courts/arbitration may not want to get caught in overruling it.

From what I read, AP has 3 days to appeal which I'm sure he will. During the appeal process he would remain on the commish's exempt list and still get paid.

Only a guess on my part but the NFLPA will be all over this.

No matter the outcome of the appeal, I don't see AP taking part in anything Vikings until after the Super Bowl. The NFL will milk out this appeal process as long as it can as they don't want AP anywhere near a football field until after the Super Bowl.

From what I understand, as things are right now, with the suspension AP will have to pay the Vikings back what he's been paid this year and the Vikings do not have to pay out the rest of the year. Of course this may change with the outcome of the appeal. It really does the Vikings no good to cut him now as they'd loose out on a good chunk of $$$. It's in their better financial interest to let the appeal process happen through the NFL and make a decision once that process has played out.

Not rubbin it in, but I said a few pages back that just cuz he took part in a plea deal in no way meant he would be back on the field this season.

You were right in predicting that he wouldn't be back, but at the time of his plea deal, even HE thought he was going to be back on the field. He claims that a league executive told him that the 9 weeks on the exemption list would count as "time served".

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...adrian-peterson

Considering AP and his team of lawyers and the NFLPA thought his plea bargain was going to get him back on the field, I don't feel too bad about predicting that direction a couple weeks back, even if I did turn out to be wrong (probably in part due to Goodell's backpedaling). I figured 90% chance of him playing, probably should have been a bit more conservative and said 50/50 or lower smile

I claim that his 'early' plea bargain got him almost nothing at this point, and there must have been a dangled carrot for him to be doing it a month ahead of his court date. If Goodell was honest up front and said he was going to be suspended for a year, who knows -- he might have very well taken it to court or waited another few weeks to plead.

You were right in predicting that he wouldn't be back, but at the time of his plea deal, even HE thought he was going to be back on the field. He claims that a league executive told him that the 9 weeks on the exemption list would count as "time served".

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...adrian-peterson

Considering AP and his team of lawyers and the NFLPA thought his plea bargain was going to get him back on the field, I don't feel too bad about predicting that direction a couple weeks back, even if I did turn out to be wrong (probably in part due to Goodell's backpedaling). I figured 90% chance of him playing, probably should have been a bit more conservative and said 50/50 or lower smile

I claim that his 'early' plea bargain got him almost nothing at this point, and there must have been a dangled carrot for him to be doing it a month ahead of his court date. If Goodell was honest up front and said he was going to be suspended for a year, who knows -- he might have very well taken it to court or waited another few weeks to plead.

That could have been his lawyer telling he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning and may have been looking to spending some time in the clink. If this hadn't made national headlines he may have been able to go to court, lose and walk away with probation and some fines, but I don't think a judge would want to be part of that and have it broadcast that he/she let someone who beat a kid with a stick off so easy.