• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Talks with Peterson's reps and the Goodall should have been kept private.

Instead one day after AP's sentence they ask for reinstatement and make it public.

Did AP's lawyers really think the league was going to say one day after the sentencing "you can play now". So now AP's camp publicly makes threats against the league. Smart move, push some more and the NFL will dig it's heels in even more.

Diplomacy folks, give your opponent the opportunity to see things your way and still save face.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amateurfishing

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

It is a simple issue, once the legal process is played out the league mete's out consequences consistently.

It really is that simple.

This.^^^^^^^^^^^^

They've had 8 weeks to figure it out. I would think they could have had a couple different scenarios ready to roll by now.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, yes the league should have a decent response by now, but $$$$ cures all with the NFL. It would not shock me one bit if they were running scenarios by sponsors first since Rog is judge, jury, & executioner all in one, & if u wanna appeal, thats him too. Nothing wil be fixed or decided properly till this issue is. No issue will have proper and concise guidelines and protocols till hus "new committee" is set up. In the meantime under current protocol,he was already suspended, charge him a fine, reinstate, and move on. At least then there is a base for future. Cannot just make something up on the fly now which kinda appears Rog is doing unless something else developes by monday.

By suspending AP , for 8 weeks prior to court preeceding

The vikings organization and NFL in fact found him guilty of child abuse (felony) ,before the judicial system found him guilty of assault ( gross misdermeaner) ..Just as if the mother had pulled out a gun and shot him before he was charges and sentenced in a court of law .

Leave it to the NFL to think they are bigger than the law. .Time has been served ..

Fining him at this point is pointless and only strengthens the case, Peterson and NFLPA. Could possibly contest that premature actions by the NFL resulted in defamation of charecter..

.Time has been served ..

Fining him at this point is pointless and only strengthens the case, Peterson and NFLPA. Could possibly contest that premature actions by the NFL resulted in defamation of charecter..

He's been getting paid under the status that he's been put under. The NFL hasn't punished him, yet.

Not to mention that weed thing he admitted to...

If the NFL doesn't bench him the Vikings should and then cut him at the end of the season. They never should have resigned him anyway.

He's been punished by the league by not playing since Week 1.

Does anyone even know if the weed thing really exists? Why has there never been any report of him actually failing the test? Doesn't really matter if someone says they smoked a little weed but then pass, if he even really said that.

If it's true he only smoked a little weed, a guy like AP with not much body fat wouldn't stay in his system for more then a couple days, unless he's an everyday smoker.

He's been punished by the league by not playing since Week 1.

That's not considered league punishment. The Vikings put him into that status.

The NFL will want to get their piece of him before this is all over (and they should nail his a$$ to the wall), but regardless the Vikings need to sever ties with this dirtbag anyway.

The media is about as good as some of our Gov agencies, can't believe half of what they say. As soon as the NFL gets a policy set with punishments, they will be better suited to deal with these incidents. I see AP playing soon especially if he threatens to sue the NFL is they decide to make an example of him. Since he may only end up with a misdemeanor for this, AP will be back whether he should or not. It's all about the money and the NFL is simply to wushu washy. Only time will tell in regards to AP's future. No doubt in mind mind he will play again.

That's not considered league punishment. The Vikings put him into that status.

The NFL will want to get their piece of him before this is all over (and they should nail his a$$ to the wall), but regardless the Vikings need to sever ties with this dirtbag anyway.

What are u smoking? The vikings did not do anything, the only one that could and did was Goodell, AP was on the commish's "unable to play but still get paid" list, and Goodell is only one that can take him off it. They wont just "sever" ties wich such a super star a d he is far from a dirt bag, just an kver anxious misguided father.

What are u smoking? The vikings did not do anything,

Yeah, the Vikings had nothing to do with it.

When sponsors starting pulling their funds, the commissioner stepped in and suspended Peterson to protect the team.

Yeah, that's what happened.

crazy

a d he is far from a dirt bag, just an kver anxious misguided father.

I'd say fathering half a dozen kids with different mothers, along with beating the hell out of the kids when he does see them, basically qualifies him as a dirtbag. But he sure was a good football player a couple years ago.

Still standing by my prediction. Superbowl, here we come. Starting with a fresh AP 'beating' up on the Bears in a week.

Keep smoking.....

Sponsors like budweiser (aka alchoholism) & nike(aka child labor) were definitely putting the heat on Goodell (aka NFL) but in no way was tbere a "save the vikings" mentality from new york, it was more like " save the NFL's a$$".

Keep smoking.....

Sponsors like budweiser (aka alchoholism) & nike(aka child labor) were definitely putting the heat on Goodell (aka NFL) but in no way was tbere a "save the vikings" mentality from new york, it was more like " save the NFL's a$$".

Keep smoking.....

Keep huffing...

Regardless, he still hasn't "done any time" and the NFL still has their domestic abuse policy to fall back on to throw the book at him...and should.

the Vikings need to sever ties with this dirtbag anyway.

If NFL teams severed ties with every dirt bag there wouldn't be enough players left to fill a roster.

Regardless, he still hasn't "done any time" and the NFL still has their domestic abuse policy to fall back on to throw the book at him...and should.

Not playing 8 games isnt doing time?! Take game checks away and call it time served.

Quote:
Goodell sent a letter to the NFL owners, which you can read in its entirely below, outlining the stiffer penalties: a six-game suspension without pay for the first offense and a lifetime ban for a second offense. Goodell specified that these rules will apply to all NFL personnel, including executives and owners, not just players. A player who receives a lifetime ban can petition for reinstatement after one year.

Quote:
Marijuana threshold: The NFL is ramping down it's stance on marijuana use. The threshold for a positive test has been increased from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml.

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

Keep huffing...

If you look at the NFL's own policies it looks like Peterson has already served more than the prescribed suspension time. 6 weeks under the new domestic violence policy and nothing for 1st time marijuana offenders. By their own standards, the book has already been thrown.

You're assuming it's his first drug violation. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

He hasn't served any suspension. He was put on "hiatus" until this was resolved. Perhaps the league will blend their blurry rules and consider this a suspension, but technically he hasn't been suspended and did receive pay. I've heard he paid "some" back. What "some" means is unknown but it is obviously an effort to smooth this over in an attempt to persuade the league to consider it time served.

Regardless, the Vikings should do the right thing and bench him for the remainder of the year and then cut him afterwards. He's due way too much money next year and isn't worth it.

He will play again this year, will do a big public service apology and mea culpa, the Vikes and Peterson will restructure in the off-season, both will give a big donation to local domestic violence chartites, and all will be hunky dorey. Its time for the spin doctors to do their magic.

B-S he ain't worth it. He's got PLENTY left in the tank, especially being he hasn't played in like 8 weeks. As it sits there is more talent in an AP fart then what's in the backfield right now. My guess is he's a 15 minute apology/new AP presser away from re gaining LMITs acceptance.

B-S he ain't worth it. He's got PLENTY left in the tank, especially being he hasn't played in like 8 weeks. As it sits there is more talent in an AP fart then what's in the backfield right now. My guess is he's a 15 minute apology/new AP presser away from re gaining LMITs acceptance.

He might have plenty left in the tank but he's due to be paidd like 75% more than any other running back in the league in 2015 (including his salary which is 25% more than any other in the league plus prorated signing bonus). The fact is he's NOT worth 75% more than any of the other top backs in the league, even before this debacle.

Had this whole thing not have happened, the vikes might have ended up eating his contract, similar to how the twins got stuck with Mauer due to how many fans around here seemed to like him. Fan backlash would have been pretty high if they released him. At best, they could have restructured it slightly, but would still be overpaying an aging back. Now, they have their get out of jail free card and can let him go with a minimal cap hit next year.

But first, they will win the superbowl with him this year after he's reinstated next week.

You're assuming it's his first drug violation. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

He hasn't served any suspension. He was put on "hiatus" until this was resolved. Perhaps the league will blend their blurry rules and consider this a suspension, but technically he hasn't been suspended and did receive pay. I've heard he paid "some" back. What "some" means is unknown but it is obviously an effort to smooth this over in an attempt to persuade the league to consider it time served.

Regardless, the Vikings should do the right thing and bench him for the remainder of the year and then cut him afterwards. He's due way too much money next year and isn't worth it.

You are the one assuming everything. He had a perfectly clean record till now. There is not a single business in this world that just dumps their best/most talented/most productive employee for nothing. He will finish the season playing on the field for the vikings (unless nfl drags feet bigtime or injured) since he cannot be traded anymore this season and will c how the chips fall in off season. He is a phenomenal asset to the community even with this mark on his record.

He might have plenty left in the tank but he's due to be paidd like 75% more than any other running back in the league in 2015 (including his salary which is 25% more than any other in the league plus prorated signing bonus). The fact is he's NOT worth 75% more than any of the other top backs in the league, even before this debacle.

Had this whole thing not have happened, the vikes might have ended up eating his contract, similar to how the twins got stuck with Mauer due to how many fans around here seemed to like him. Fan backlash would have been pretty high if they released him. At best, they could have restructured it slightly, but would still be overpaying an aging back. Now, they have their get out of jail free card and can let him go with a minimal cap hit next year.

But first, they will win the superbowl with him this year after he's reinstated next week.

I'll bet over the years you've thought he is one of the best RBs ever. He's got at least 4 more SOLID years left in him. One of the best ever, sure bet player for 3-5 yrs is going to get paid. You don't have to agree with it, but it is fact. Don't be a hypocrite. You love AP and know he's well worth the money, regardless where it comes from.

I love AP as a player but there is no way in HEll that I would pay in that kind of money anymore. And its not just because of what happened this summer. Too much money. I could only wish Major would have switched his kid to have an out of that contract.

Too much money. The vikes will be better without him.

I love AP as a player but there is no way in HEll that I would pay in that kind of money anymore. And its not just because of what happened this summer. Too much money. I could only wish Major would have switched his kid to have an out of that contract.

Too much money. The vikes will be better without him.

My sentiments exactly. I love the player, but I don't condone teams crippling themselves in contracts just because I love the player.

Prior to this season I was telling friends the same story -- that the vikes were in a sad situation because they were going to be overpaying an aging running back for the foreseeable future, because they wouldn't be able to get away from that contract without making the fans rabid. Now they don't have that issue, and they will be better without his contract dragging them down.

I'm not saying he's not a great running back, just that at that price he wasn't worth it. Could get a good back AND something else for that kind of dough. I don't know why DrJuice is calling me a hypocrite because I'm happy they won't have to pay out the final years of that overpriced contract.

That being said, I'm not trying to run the guy out of town just because of his newly-publicized-dirt-baggery. I would say that if they vikes could restructure the contract for a much lower dollar amount (one in line with his diminishing skillz and with understanding that his tainted image isn't going to sell as many tickets or jerseys), I'd be happy to see him stay. But that won't happen.

Vick didn't stay in Atlanta after his stint in the big house, and I don't expect Peterson to stick around here. Fresh start is probably better for him in the longrun anyway. I'll be sad to see the player leave -- but happy with the dollars that we can spent elsewhere.