• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reverend Al and Ben Crump getting air time again.

BuckSutherland

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upnorth

• leech~~

• Big Dave2

• PurpleFloyd

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

[quote=outdoors247

I'm ok with LEO having the tools necessary to keep them safe while protecting the community. [/quote

Does that include tanks?

Careful outdoors247, this is a fishing forum. Watch out for lures! wink

Quote:
quote=Big Dave2

Evan Bernick (Heritage Foundation): "The Department of Homeland Security has handed out anti-terrorism grants to cities and towns across the country, enabling them to buy armored vehicles, guns, armor, aircraft, and other equipment. … federal agencies of all stripes, as well as local police departments in towns with populations less than 14,000, come equipped with SWAT teams and heavy artillery. …

"Bossier Parish, Louisiana, has a .50 caliber gun mounted on an armored vehicle. The Pentagon gives away millions of pieces of military equipment to police departments across the country — tanks included."

Concludes Sen. Paul: "The militarization of our law enforcement is due to an unprecedented expansion of government power in this realm. … Americans must never sacrifice their liberty for an illusive and dangerous, or false, security. This has been a cause I have championed for years, and one that is at a near-crisis point in our country."

Talking about the over-militarization of the police - I've been catching bits and pieces of this Ty Hoffman search on the news, is it just me or does it seem like it's way overkill?

I mean really, they're looking for one guy that shot someone with a handgun - something that seems to happen everyday in the Twin Cities. That requires hauling out armored vehicles, helicopters, and whole SWAT teams doing around the clock searches and sweeps?

Maybe the cops are just looking for an excuse to play with a lot of their new toys. But the question is what is the reason behind why to they have/need to be outfitted and equipped as if they're invading another country? And do we just accept that this is the new norm from our local government to keep us under control, I mean safe?

8DA.1024x576.jpeg

693732%201HOFFMAN090314.jpg

1409701464000-Hoffman-Search.jpg

628x471.jpg

It sounds like some are content with having the criminals being better armed than the police.

I think the militarization of the police is a fair issue to debate. But at the same time, you cannot overlook rising gang activity and their increased sophistication when it comes to weaponry

Quote:
I think the militarization of the police is a fair issue to debate. But at the same time, you cannot overlook rising gang activity and their increased sophistication when it comes to weaponry

Except I can't recall many/any? notable instances where all the weaponry was actually put to use to control gang activity. Mostly used for isolated nutcase/loose cannons so far.

It sounds like some are content with having the criminals being better armed than the police.

I get that and agree to an extent - I guess I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this Ty Hoffman search, yet again yesterday someone calls in a tip and the whole armored brigade races down to the south side of town to run another seek and destroy operation. It's almost as if they're just praying for another tip call to come in so they can haul out the toys... For what - an ex-bartender who shot someone with a pistol, who seems to be running around the metro on foot and hiding in the woods?

Not undermining the seriousness of what he did but rather the scale of the response, and they still can't find him...

In terms of the organized crime/gang argument, yeah maybe in LA but necessary in St Cloud (and numerous other small towns across the country)?

St_Cloud_Police_Department_Receives_AllH

Quote:
I mean really, they're looking for one guy that shot someone with a handgun

Quote:
Mostly used for isolated nutcase/loose cannons so far.

You guys do realize that one guy with a gun can still do damage. I'm sure all of these police officers want to go home to their families at the end of the day.

Here's a link for an example on what one guy with a gun can do.

Tim Jones

• 1 month later...

Wonder if the Royals winning the World Series would be enough to rekindle the riot flames down yonder??

If Officer Wilson is acquitted, sadly the inevitable outcome of progressive policies and social programming will be on even greater display. Despite generaly good intentions, the ultimate fruits of such a trajectory are increased division/racism, emotionally versus cognitively based behavior and decision making, social unrest and increased violence, generational dependency, decreased personal responsibility and accountability, and decreased economic opportunities for more and more people.

If Officer Wilson is acquitted, sadly the inevitable outcome of progressive policies and social programming will be on even greater display. Despite generaly good intentions, the ultimate fruits of such a trajectory are increased division/racism, emotionally versus cognitively based behavior and decision making, social unrest and increased violence, generational dependency, decreased personal responsibility and accountability, and decreased economic opportunities for more and more people.

As more and more evidence favors the police officer, it's now unlikely a Grand Jury will issue an indictment against the cop. Someone asked me this week when the leak came out that the evidence does suggest a struggle did take place for the cop's gun if it would make a difference to the rioters and the Sharpton's. No way. It's because they don't reason. They react. They are too emotionally invested in the cause. Crump himself even stated this evidence makes no difference to him.

So Ferguson needs to prepare in advance for what's coming when the Grand Jury doesn't indict Wilson

Huh?

Which part of Early Riser's post are you having difficulty understanding?

Or is it more you don't like what he posted?

Maybe you should demand a link laugh

Go back and read it slowly. It is gibberish; nonsensical and disconnected thoughts. If you offer an opinion and it is that difficult to understand what your position IS then odds are you won't make your point.

I have no trouble with his opinion....just the convoluted way he makes it.

He needs an editor! Ha Ha Ha.

Go back and read it slowly. It is gibberish; nonsensical and disconnected thoughts. If you offer an opinion and it is that difficult to understand what your position IS then odds are you won't make your point.

I have no trouble with his opinion....just the convoluted way he makes it.

He needs an editor! Ha Ha Ha.

No

You just don't like the content. I understood clearly what he was saying. Ferguson,Detroit, Chicago, South Central LA...the story is the same

To be fair, I had to read it 3 or 4 times as well to grasp what he was saying.

Was it the polysyllabic words? Complex sentence structure?

Okay gents, lets try this.

First off let me suggest that T-Junk not presume to tell me what I like or don't like or what I think. I suspect we come from different universes. I have no quarrel with what the man posted and only suggested his statement obscured his point more than it clarified it and thus it lost much of it's punch. I doubt many of us are intimidated by polysyllabic words but we are ALL confused by words that don't seem to fit a sentence.

I now regret even posting my smug little "huh" but my point was "this is sure a complicated and confusing way to make a statement."

I shall refrain from discussing the structure of other members posts and let them stand as they are because they are often indicative of a persons mental processes.

We ALL write occasional thoughts that are less than perfect.

Even me has done it too!! Ha Ha Ha

• 3 weeks later...

The feedback for this should be interesting.

Texas teacher fired for racial tweets

Quote:
Texas teacher fired over racial slurs in tweet about Ferguson shooting

By Daniel S Levine, 11/14/2014

A teacher from a Dallas-area school district has been fired after she sent controversial tweets about the Ferguson, Missouri shooting of teen Michael Brown.

The Duncanville School Board of Trustees voted unanimously to fire English teacher Vinita Hegwood, who sent the tweets last week. She had been suspended without pay on Monday and decided to resign on Thursday, reports WFAA.

State law mandated the board to decide to either accept her resignation or terminate the contract. They decided to terminate her contract.

"The Board of Trustees and I know that we make decisions that are in the best interest of our students," Superintendent Dr. Alfred Ray told WFAA. "And we feel like this decision that was made today was in the best interest of our students."

According to The Associated Press, the tweets in question were filled with profanity and racist remarks against blacks and whites. The comments, sent on Nov. 7, were in reference to the case of Brown, a black teen shot and killed by a white police officer in Ferguson on Aug. 9. That shooting has lead to often violent protests in the St. Louis area.

Hegwood, who is black, apologized for the “offensive and unprofessional comments.” She added, “In making those remarks, I was reacting to a series of threatening and racist attacks against me by strangers who disagreed with my expressed opinions on Ferguson, Missouri. I allowed myself to respond emotionally and impulsively.”

WFAA reported on Thursday that one of the controversial tweets Hegwood sent read, “Who the [expletive] made you dumb duck one-just-like-silly-me crackers think I give a squat [expletive] about your opinions about my opinions RE: Ferguson? Kill yourselves.”

obama timing amnesty for illegals with Ferguson decision ??

Imagine millions of illegals instantly eligible for Social Security, Medicare, SCHIP, Medicaid, and a whole raft of federal social net programs to coincide with nation wide race riots intended to overwhelm law enforcement and social order with chaos and violence.

Mayhem.

What an orgasmic day to be an America hating obama liberal..