• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reverend Al and Ben Crump getting air time again.

BuckSutherland

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Police officers are obligated to apprehend violent people that have the potential to put the public at further risk of danger. They don't have the option to just let things go. Once MB got into the squad, assaulted the officer and went for the gun, he was clearly well within the category of dangerous felon. The fact that 12 shots were fired is not surprising. How many have emptied a clip at even a moderately moving buck through a small area only to drop it on the fourth or fifth shot? Or shot at the deer's shoulder only to find where you hit a 4" spruce tree that you didn't see in the sight or scope. Despite muscle memory from training, adrenalin and stress can produce a mind/body disconnect.

Now we have the AG still talking about pursuing civil rights charges, which is nothing but pandering, placating, moronic and dangerous. Since there is no way to prove that the Officer killed MB due to his race, or in any other way violated his civil rights, being an aggressor toward a police officer, there will be another build up to hearings and subsequent social unrest when it fails. He also said that looting is not condoned….condoned?! He should be unequivocally stating that the violators will pursued with the full weight and all resources of federal and local law enforcement. What about the civil and property rights violations of the business owners?...The majority of our leaders are absolutely clueless.

This is what we get when social justice advocates, race baiters, progressive activists and community organizers are placed in leadership roles: A setback in civil morality and race relations of gargantuan proportions that has been festering since initiation of many prior failed progressive programs. I am convinced now more than ever that our inner cities are going to further devolve at such an accelerated rate over the next decade that they won’t be considered habitable according to the minimal standards of the average productive and moral member of a functioning society. Maybe it has already happened. The Chicago riots of the late sixties have permanently altered their economy and relegated once prosperous communities to mostly fast food outlets and shuttered buildings.

Good post! We need to stop treating our "law enforcement" people like the criminals.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upnorth

• leech~~

• Big Dave2

• PurpleFloyd

Regarding the officer and how many shots. Have you ever had "buck fever?" Frankly in my 35 years of hunting for whatever reason when I see a deer I feel like I go in this zone and am totally calm...but one time I shot an elk with my muzzleloader and he didn't fall but I hit him. I reloaded and started shaking uncontrollably. I tried to breath and calm down but at that point adrenaline took over and I was a basket case. Throw even a trained PO into a situation like this and to expect him to shoot one time, dead on, isn't reality.

On a different note I have noticed that in the short time this Ferguson looting/protests have been going on it's made me put my radar up when I'm in certain areas of town. If I was in the same place last week I wouldn't have had much of a care in the world but now I make sure the doors are locked in my truck and for whatever reason are more leary of my surroundings. I don't know what to make of that and assume others are re-acting the same way.

I don't know what to make of that and assume others are re-acting the same way.

Welcome to the realm of scared old white guys. wink

Duffman,

I'll admit it I live in a "white" town. In my neighborhood there are literally zero African Americans, a few Indian families and a few Asian families and the rest are White. That's just a fact, I could care less if it were different. Nobody doesn't work on purpose a few dads stay at home because the family decided the wife had a better job but most homes the man works and the woman doesn't, I know a couple that are "between opportunities" aka unemployed but looking.

This Summer our city planning commission was considering putting in an "Affordable Housing" complex about a mile from our neighborhood. Many neighbors attended the meetings and put a lot of pressure on the city council to nix the project but it was approved anyway because the Met Council wanted it and got it done. I wasn't overly concerned but would admit I'd prefer if it wasn't going in. Now, after this Ferguson thing I'm really against it.

I don't think this is racism but maybe it is in some people's opinion. Just because it's Affordable Housing does that mean "bad" people will live there? I doubt it but statistics seem to show that crime will go up in the area.

I doubt this housing will make my home value go up or make it easier to sell some day. Will it do the opposite? Time will tell.

We have some Section 8 housing around the neighborhood, I just know if you get some bad neighbors moving in there, chances are they will be gone within 6 months. I grew up in mixed neighborhoods, usually dirt poor neighborhoods, and from experience I learned it really doesn't matter what color folks are........trash is trash.

Black people riot because of percieved social injustices.

White people riot because they won a hockey game.

13934224_21n.jpg

smile

Outer suburb + lots of high density housing (townhomes) + Met Council = Affordable housing on its way to a neighborhood near you...

I live in Hugo and the writing is on the wall here as well, with the new bus station going in off of 14/35E it's only a matter of time before more Sect 8 starts popping up. There have to be 500 townhomes within a square mile of me - it is what it is and obviously part of the utopian design, but you can't tell me it won't bring problems along with it and negate the whole reason people are moving up here to begin with...

There's been riots in Chicago and other parts of this country since day 1 and before. The Boston Tea Party was no more than a riot. The Lager Beer riot in Chicago in 1855 and the list could go on. Riots will go on as long as humanity exists. Someone will find a cause even if its winning a World Series or a Tiddly Winks match. grin

Duffman,

I'll admit it I live in a "white" town. In my neighborhood there are literally zero African Americans, a few Indian families and a few Asian families and the rest are White. That's just a fact, I could care less if it were different. Nobody doesn't work on purpose a few dads stay at home because the family decided the wife had a better job but most homes the man works and the woman doesn't, I know a couple that are "between opportunities" aka unemployed but looking.

This Summer our city planning commission was considering putting in an "Affordable Housing" complex about a mile from our neighborhood. Many neighbors attended the meetings and put a lot of pressure on the city council to nix the project but it was approved anyway because the Met Council wanted it and got it done. I wasn't overly concerned but would admit I'd prefer if it wasn't going in. Now, after this Ferguson thing I'm really against it.

I don't think this is racism but maybe it is in some people's opinion. Just because it's Affordable Housing does that mean "bad" people will live there? I doubt it but statistics seem to show that crime will go up in the area.

I doubt this housing will make my home value go up or make it easier to sell some day. Will it do the opposite? Time will tell.

At the end of the day it isn't about color it is about attitude. I have no care about a persons color, religion or ethnic background. I do care about how a person acts or treats me or others.

I'm sure most of you have seen these videos, but for those that haven't it may be worth watching. The first is footage from the convenience store.

Chris Rock has a very helpful and educational video on his FB site. It may not make the cut on here because of a few wording issues, but you can Google it! wink

The Chris Rock Show - Cops

I'm sure most of you have seen these videos, but for those that haven't it may be worth watching. The first is footage from the convenience store.

">

The Milwaukee Police Chief gets it

">

Quote:
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) — A man is facing a felony menacing charge after two western Colorado sheriff's deputies say he pointed a banana at them and they thought it was a gun.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports 27-year-old Nathan Rolf Channing, of Fruitvale, was arrested Sunday.

According to an arrest affidavit, Mesa County deputies Joshua Bunch and Donald Love said they feared for their lives even though they saw that the object was yellow. Bunch wrote in the affidavit that he has seen handguns in many shapes and colors.

He wrote that Love was drawing his service weapon when Channing yelled, "It's a banana!"

Just to be fair, all guns are not black or silver anymore.

The picture below is the gun my daughter owns. When we were purchasing it she was torn between pink or yellow. She went with pink.

The funny thing about that story is it happened in Fruitvale.

I guess the moral of the story is don't point anything at a LEO so they have to make a split second decision what the heck is in your hand...

full-42098-51584-1974865_01_hot_pink_rug

At the end of the day it isn't about color it is about attitude. I have no care about a persons color, religion or ethnic background. I do care about how a person acts or treats me or others.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

In case anyone missed THIS story amongs all the blacks getting shot...

A few days ago, people in the bass fishing community learned of a terrible crime that had been committed against a well-known tournament angler while he was in Mississippi for a big tournament.

56 year old Jimmy Johnson was staying at a hotel and had gone outside to check his boat after dark. When doing so, he discovered someone attempting to burglarize the boat and steal items from it. The perpetrator drew a gun and shot Jimmy in the face, killing him.

(http://www.bassmaster.com/news/bassmaster-opens-angler-shot-death-mississippi-motel)

Police used video surveillance footage that showed the suspect on hotel property and, ultimately, they arrested him. The suspect has confessed to the terrible crime, admitting that he killed Jimmy Johnson.

Jimmy Johnson's killer

Jimmy Johnson’s killer

It turned out that he was 17 years old. It also turned out that he was black. Jimmy Johnson was white. I refuse to give the killer’s name, because he deserves no recognition whatsoever.

In my mind it doesn’t matter what color the killer was. He is a killer, plain and simple. He had possession of a gun illegally and used it to take a man’s life as he tried to protect his boat and fishing equipment… the equipment that he used to make his living.

I read about the last night. What a shame. That is an example of a perfectly innocent person being gunned down and I haven't seen one story about it on the world news. I actually looked it up because I thought it might be one of them hoax stories, unfortunately it's not. Prayers to his family.

"For one, my son, he respected law enforcement," Brown Sr. said. "Two, who in their right mind would rush or charge at a police officer that has his gun drawn? It sounds crazy."

confused Somebody needs to show Sr. the video of his model son ripping off the store and roughing up the store owner...not to mention pictures of him flashing what looks like gang signs. I can't find any info on whether big Mike has any gang affilations-anybody know?

His father does not need to see it or probably would not believe it anyways, they are innocent, that's the way it is.

I wish the mom would have explained her statement about how she knew officer Wilson wanted to kill someone that day. That could very well be the dumbest thing she has said yet! What in Wilson's work history even remotely suggests he was a trigger happy dirty harry type cop?

This one could get interesting too. Wonder why there's not more outrage here?

Looks like the cops get out of the car and shoot instantly.

I wish the mom would have explained her statement about how she knew officer Wilson wanted to kill someone that day. That could very well be the dumbest thing she has said yet! What in Wilson's work history even remotely suggests he was a trigger happy dirty harry type cop?

Some are that blind to these type issues. very sad. Many believe that all whites and the law are against them no matter what happened.

Some are that blind to these type issues. very sad. Many believe that all whites and the law are against them no matter what happened.

It is mostly a victim mentality. And sadly if you always want to be a victim, you will always be a victim. Nasty Merry go round to be on.