• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Obama's open borders

Uncle Bill

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleFloyd

• LMITOUT

• Slabasaurus

• Duffman

Well?......

All I heard was...

"If you like your gardeners, you can keep 'em."

-Barack Obama

So in other words we can't, because every word that comes out of this DBag's mouth is a lie.

Well?......

All I heard was...

"If you like your gardeners, you can keep 'em."

-Barack Obama

Some are just easily "Gruber'd".... smiley-pinocchio-liar.gif

Because I challenged your spineless, yellow bellied idols to actually grow a pair and send some back where they came from?

Because you're a fraud.

Because you're a fraud.

I'll start an official " Number of illegals that don't qualify for Obamnesty that the GOP has deported" tracker.

So far the ticker is at zero. Zilch. Nada.

So in other words we can't, because every word that comes out of this DBag's mouth is a lie.

I don't think you get what jokes are.

Seems we have been waiting for years for some type of border improvement and what to do with those in our country now.

The GOP could get nothing done and just maybe instead of always trying to fight Obama, maybe they could pass a bill that would start to deal with this issue.

For now, I am all in on Obama's plan he talked about last, it is a start, may not be perfect but much better than what we have now. If the GOP does not agree with this, pass something else and put it on Obama's desk for a signature.

Both sides seem to do nothing but fight over this or that and it is time both parties get down to business. Now the GOP will spend who knows how long fighting this new immigration law and they still are fighting over Obamacare. get over the Obamacare, there is nothing you can do about it until you can control in the House, Senate and have a GOP president. The country is suffering even more from their lack of work trying to stop this and that.

As far as the immigration law Obama used with his exc privilege, come up with something better other than a we will sue you or have you impeached, won't happen.

Seems we have been waiting for years for some type of border improvement and what to do with those in our country now.

The GOP could get nothing done and just maybe instead of always trying to fight Obama, maybe they could pass a bill that would start to deal with this issue.

You think this is funny or something?

That has nothing to do with my comment to you.

See, the joke in Duffman's comment is that a lot of us have lawn services that employ a large number of immigrants, and we would lose our lawn care service if the workers were all deported.

It's funny because of irony, hyperbole, and it's also a little edgy/pushing the boundary of PC or not.

The pic you posted of Obama is a lazy attempt at a joke. It's a joke though, I recognize that. It matters not if I find it funny.

David Gergen, writing at CNN:

President Obama's executive order on immigration seems to move us into uncharted, dangerous waters.

the challenges of immigration policy do not represent a national emergency, nor do they touch upon the military authorities of a president. Rather, they represent the chronic, abysmal failures of politicians in Washington to govern well from both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.

As Mark Krikorian writes in National Review, the Reagan and Bush examples were presidents trying to implement congressional directives, as is constitutionally permissible, whereas the current action is the President telling Congress "I'm going to implement my own directives."

Against the spirit of the Constitution

One can argue whether this executive order is legal, but it certainly violates the spirit of the founders. They intentionally focused Article One of the Constitution on the Congress and Article Two on the president. That is because the Congress is the body charged with passing laws and the president is the person charged with faithfully carrying them out.

For a president to toss aside such deep traditions of governance is a radical, imprudent step. When a president in day-to-day operations can decide which laws to enforce and which to ignore, where are the limits on his power? Where are the checks and balances so carefully constructed in the Constitution?

Sadly, we instead have an action from the White House that will cast a dark shadow over prospects for legislative cooperation, falls short of what the immigrant population had hoped and steers us into deep, unknown waters in our governance.

Obama's dangerous move on immigration

By David Gergen, CNN Senior Political Analyst

Link

This could come back to bite the democrats right in the A$$...

Democrat or republicans do want the President to have this much power. confused

See, the joke in Duffman's comment

Jokes are supposed to be funny. That wasn't.

And what that clown is doing to this country isn't a laughing matter, either.

As you would say: So you're saying you not only don't understand what a joke is, you have no sense of humor.

Got it.

wink

Obama was duly elected twice by majorities of the American people. He's made fewer executive orders than G.W. Bush or Ronald Reagan. So, of course, he's a dictator.

I'm a little tired of one side crying so much because they lose presidential elections and don't want to play democracy anymore.

I'm happy we still have an automotive industry, we've grown the economy dramatically from 2008, Bin Laden is dead, we've extended healthcare to millions of Americans and finally slowed overall costs. Oh, and gas is less than $3 a gallon.

Obama was duly elected twice by majorities of the American people.

Wrong, Despot breath.

In neither 2008 nor 2012 did Obama get a majority of the popular vote, which is only a fraction of the American People. For example in 2008 he got 59,948k votes or 45.6% of the popular vote.

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/common/pop_vote.html

Next time check your facts before bloviating

its funny how you carry on like you have any sort of credibility. Your role on this forum is comparable to crazy Uncle Gary: just let you ramble for a minute so the rest of us can move on.

Quote:
This could come back to bite the democrats right in the A$$...

Democrat or republicans do want the President to have this much power. confused

Sorry, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Not that it bothers me that the GOP is giving him a hard time over it. But their memory is very short when it comes to their president and their agenda.

full-850-51405-shipsail.jpg

Obama was duly elected twice by majorities of the American people. He's made fewer executive orders than G.W. Bush or Ronald Reagan. So, of course, he's a dictator.

I'm a little tired of one side crying so much because they lose presidential elections and don't want to play democracy anymore.

I'm happy we still have an automotive industry, we've grown the economy dramatically from 2008, Bin Laden is dead, we've extended healthcare to millions of Americans and finally slowed overall costs. Oh, and gas is less than $3 a gallon.

As the number of hopeychangers dwindle, the few remaining become more and more entertaining to watch.

Save for the <3.00 a gallon gas, it appears this poster is trying to Gruber us.

Sadly for him, the public isn't buying it, anymore

its funny how you carry on like you have any sort of credibility.

I understand you're butthurt after the Nov 4th bloodbath but that's rich, especially coming from a supporter of the left-wing moonbat party who has done everything WE said six years ago that it would and doesn't have enough credibility left to get the local dog catcher elected if he had a 'D' behind his name.

Now go lie by your dish and keep quiet. The adults are in charge again and have work to do fixing everything your party f'd up.

Those who were opponents of this president are now being proven right about him each passing day. The good news is the public now can see it. The bad news is it took them so long. Now the administration is now being forced to admit they inflated the enrollment numbers for ObamaCare.

This latest of granting amnesty by EO is simply his expression of anger at the public for rejecting him. The proof of that is he did what he has said in the past he cannot do. None of this corruption and ineptness comes as a surprise to some of us. This was the same guy who denies Gruber was very influential in crafting ObamaCare despite proof positive he was that denied hearing Wright's sermons or knowing Ayres

I understand you're butthurt after the Nov 4th bloodbath but that's rich, especially coming from a supporter of the left-wing moonbat party who has done everything WE said six years ago that it would and doesn't have enough credibility left to get the local dog catcher elected if he had a 'D' behind his name.

Now go lie by your dish and keep quiet. The adults are in charge again and have work to do fixing everything your party f'd up.

Oh, now, Chicken Little, just relax. I had no real horse in this race. Glad you are so joyous for a change. Kind of like the Dems were in 2006 with an unpopular President. And if I was to dig up FM posts then, you'd probably be there trying to spin the results of that election. Go ahead and pin me with those labels.

By the way, are these the same adults that led us into the Iraq fiasco, Plamegate, the largest expansion of federal government in American history, lies of so called death panels, threaten the credit rating of our country in a tantrum about a Supreme Court approved law, bail outs, and the policies which helped bring on the 2008 Economic crisis? Still trying to find the "adults" here . . . . . . .but carry on.

By the way, are these the same adults that led us into the Iraq fiasco, Plamegate, the largest expansion of federal government in American history, lies of so called death panels, threaten the credit rating of our country in a tantrum about a Supreme Court approved law, bail outs, and the policies which helped bring on the 2008 Economic crisis? Still trying to find the "adults" here . . . . . . .but carry on.

No, I'm talking about the largest tax increase in American history, IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, NSA spying, DOJ tapping of journalist's computers and phones, cash for clunkers, shovel ready jobs, red lines, Solyndra, EPA running unchecked, letting Iraq collapse into ISIS' hands, and now blatantly disregarding the Constitution to make his "fruit picker" supporters happy... Shall I go on?

Like TJ said, the remaining hangers-on are making this a hoot. Please, do "carry on" and continue to believe you have any sort of credibility whatsoever defending a president and party who can't seem to agree on their ideal path to failure. I'm enjoying the spectacle.

They need billions more!!!

MEXICO CITY/TEGUCIGALPA—

Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto and Central American leaders hailed U.S. President Barack Obama's sweeping immigration reforms on Friday, with the Mexican leader calling them the "most important measures taken in several decades."

Obama's plan, unveiled on Thursday, eases the threat of deportation for some 4.7 million immigrants who are in the United States without legal documents.

"This is an act of justice which recognizes the great contribution of millions of Mexicans to the development of our neighbor," Pena Nieto told a conference in Mexico.

Most of the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States come from Mexico and Central America.

Leaders across Central America were also quick to praise Obama's plan. But they urged U.S. lawmakers to approve a deeper reform to give lasting security to the millions of undocumented people in the United States.

"This temporary relief is a great step in the right direction from the United States to resolve the migratory issues of 11 million people, and so we urge Congress to permanently resolve their status by approving a deep immigration reform," the office of Honduran President Juan Hernandez said in a statement on Friday.

More than a million Hondurans live in the United States, most of them illegally, the statement said, and the Obama plan "sends a powerful message of solidarity with Latin America."

Guatemalan President Otto Perez also applauded the plan, saying it would benefit roughly 100,000 Guatemalans in the United States. Nonetheless, Perez urged Guatemalans not to fall for misinformation spread by people smugglers or "coyotes."

Rumors of a U.S. amnesty for mothers and children helped drive a surge in unaccompanied minors arriving from Central America at the U.S. border last summer, sparking a political crisis in the United States.

Honduras' Hernandez and Guatemala's Perez have said both countries will need billions of dollars in U.S. aid and investment to stem the tide of migrants heading north.

In September, Central American leaders presented a plan to boost economic growth in the region and cut illegal immigration to the United States. But the plan hinged on major spending on infrastructure and energy projects in the impoverished region.

El Salvador's Foreign Minister Hugo Martinez also saw Obama's immigration rule changes as a positive step, but vowed to keep up pressure for a more permanent solution.

http://www.voanews.com/content/reu-mexico-central-america-immigration-reform-obama/2530279.html