• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gov Dayton

BuckSutherland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• Big Dave2

• swamptiger

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

end-evil-step-out-of-line-vote-third-par

Oh, no one at the "Independent" box to End Evil? cry

Libertarian-Rainbows-300x239.jpg

Seriously, most libertarians live in a complete fantasy world, filled with magical unicorns and rainbows. They think that if the government were to magically disappear, everyone would suddenly become intelligent and rational and responsible for themselves, crime would vanish and we’d all sit around singing kumbayah. It’s just not so, of course, it’s just not something we ever see. When the government pauses in most countries, you don’t have peaceful capitalism, you have riots and anarchy. Civil order collapses.

Mike

Seriously, most libertarians live in a complete fantasy world, filled with magical unicorns and rainbows. They think that if the government were to magically disappear, everyone would suddenly become intelligent and rational and responsible for themselves, crime would vanish and we’d all sit around singing kumbayah. It’s just not so, of course, it’s just not something we ever see. When the government pauses in most countries, you don’t have peaceful capitalism, you have riots and anarchy. Civil order collapses.

Mike

At least you are finally being honest and admitting that you are in favor of more government. You might as well vote for Marky Mark Dayton and get it over with.

At least you are finally being honest and admitting that you are in favor of more government. You might as well vote for Marky Mark Dayton and get it over with.

I'm sorry, where did I say MORE government, I don't recall that. Maybe you can point me to where I said that. wink

Once again, Nice try!

Mike

I'm sorry, where did I say MORE government, I don't recall that. Maybe you can point me to where I said that. wink

Once again, Nice try!

Mike

You certainly didn't say LESS Government. That tells me you like it just where it is.

Both the republicans and democrats are in favor of more government. Neither will reduce spending or hold it steady, that's been proven time and again by their actions. More spending means more government. So, if you're voting for any republicans or democrats, you're voting for more government.

That being said, I'd rather vote for the lesser of two evils than for someone with no chance of winning.

You certainly didn't say LESS Government. That tells me you like it just where it is.

I said what I meant and meant what I said, feel free to read into what ever helps you understand. wink

Mike

Quote:
That being said, I'd rather vote for the lesser of two evils than for someone with no chance of winning.

full-850-50678-lesser_evil_300x231.jpg

Both the republicans and democrats are in favor of more government. Neither will reduce spending or hold it steady, that's been proven time and again by their actions. More spending means more government. So, if you're voting for any republicans or democrats, you're voting for more government.

You just gave the exact reason why it won't matter. You may not be able to effect this particular election by doing the right thing but it definitely will effect elections in the future, especially if Republicans keep losing and figure out they need to lean more toward fiscal responsibility and a few other more Libertarian ideals.

The pie chart I posted earlier shows that 80% of respondents would consider voting for a third option. The problem is, between the 2 big parties using their power to squelch smaller parties and people believing that these other candidates have no chance or can't make a difference, people are not yet ready to take the bold step of voting for the 3rd party.

full-850-50678-lesser_evil_300x231.jpg

I'd rather have less evil than more evil. If there was a candidate that was a cross between a libertarian and a republican I think it'd be about right. As it is, I find the libertarians both too extreme and too unlikely to get relevant numbers of votes to even consider voting that way. But, to each their own.

You just gave the exact reason why it won't matter. You may not be able to effect this particular election by doing the right thing but it definitely will effect elections in the future, especially if Republicans keep losing and figure out they need to lean more toward fiscal responsibility and a few other more Libertarian ideals.

The pie chart I posted earlier shows that 80% of respondents would consider voting for a third option. The problem is, between the 2 big parties using their power to squelch smaller parties and people believing that these other candidates have no chance or can't make a difference, people are not yet ready to take the bold step of voting for the 3rd party.

I think eventually more "libertarian-leaning republicans" will get the nod from the GOP. That, to me, is a more realistic view of what'll happen (versus actually seeing public opinion switching the tide to the extremists that the libertarian party tends to nominate).

Someone please tell me they read the Star and Sickle article today where Dayton claims that he struggles between being a Liberal and a Libertarian.

picardicon.gif

You can't make it up.

Yep.

Vote Libertarian. LOL.

Quote:
I think eventually more "libertarian-leaning republicans" will get the nod from the GOP. That, to me, is a more realistic view of what'll happen (versus actually seeing public opinion switching the tide to the extremists that the libertarian party tends to nominate).

The sooner more Republicans start voting for a third party, the more likely that is to happen.

Continue voting for the status quo, and nothing will change.

The pie chart I posted earlier shows that 80% of respondents would consider voting for a third option.

Ha!

People in this country talk and consider a lot, but they don't do jack when it comes to actually doing. We've become a nation of scared, dependent and complacent people.

This is exactly the type of government this country deserves.

The ineptitude, the willfully ignorant, just the lack of........(cripes, just open the eyes and mind a little bit)...... I'd call it common sense, but I don't even know what to call it these days. I figure I got about another thirty years, it's gonna be an interesting ride.

Good luck my friends. smile

I'd rather have less evil than more evil. If there was a candidate that was a cross between a libertarian and a republican I think it'd be about right. As it is, I find the libertarians both too extreme and too unlikely to get relevant numbers of votes to even consider voting that way. But, to each their own.

1. Just curious, what issue in the Gubernatorial race is the most important to you?

2. What stances would make a candidate a cross between a Libertarian and a Republican?

3. What issues do you find the Libertarian stance extreme?

Ha!

People in this country talk and consider a lot, but they don't do jack when it comes to actually doing. We've become a nation of scared, dependent and complacent people.

This is exactly the type of government this country deserves.

The ineptitude, the willfully ignorant, just the lack of........(cripes, just open the eyes and mind a little bit)...... I'd call it common sense, but I don't even know what to call it these days. I figure I got about another thirty years, it's gonna be an interesting ride.

Good luck my friends. smile

Too many people afraid of truly something new or true change. Everyone chants change, change, but they really don't want change, they want the same old same old to work.

Quote:

1. Just curious, what issue in the Gubernatorial race is the most important to you?

Not having Dayton reelected.

Quote:

2. What stances would make a candidate a cross between a Libertarian and a Republican?

Basically, Republicans who aren't obsessed with gay marriage, marijuana, or abortion, and actually wants to spend less. That's be a good start. Not looking for or expecting an IDEAL candidate, just want someone reasonable.

Quote:

3. What issues do you find the Libertarian stance extreme?

Balanced budget amendment -- sounds good in theory but WW2 would have been hard to fight without a bit of temporary debt. Immigration -- I'd actually prefer more border security and tighter restrictions on entering the country. Bitcoins? Really? Great alternative to the dollar. Absolutely no drug laws? Sounds like a potential disaster waiting to happen. The list goes on -- Unicorns, as the prior poster said.

Libertarians just get a bit too extreme with their laissez faire and fringe mentality, to the point where things just won't 'work' any more. It's like they take some idealistic worldview and forget that we live in reality.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Basically, Republicans who aren't obsessed with gay marriage, marijuana, or abortion,

Well the Dem's have this one covered for you now. Stoned, married gays can't have abortions. Next! wink

It's like they take some idealistic worldview and forget that we live in reality.

Easy to do when you're high all the time...

BvSSY2-IYAETivt.jpg

2%.

I'd rather be high with Hannah than low with the other two.

Any day of the week, and twice on Sundays... wink