• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Taylor Falls area?

evinrude19

ive never fished the croix before and i was going to be in the area saturday and wanted to give it a shot since its opener. i read the shore fishing post but didnt see any parks by taylors falls. is there any good areas around there for shore fishing ? dont need secret honey holes just a point in the right direction. would like to get some eyes but anything will do.

thanks!

You can access the river via Interstate park on the Mn. side or cross over the bridge and go into the Wisc. state park on the Wisc side of the river. There is also a walk down access on the Mn side just North of the Bridge. There is some good eddies and holes along the Limestone bluffs on the Wisc side and a nice side channel that may hold fish on the Mn side. Water is going to be high and fast so finding areas of reduced current are gonna be high percentage spots and the fish will be tight to the shore in a lot of areas to get out of the main current flow. If you drive straight up highway 8 until you nearly reach Taylors Falls you will see the Park entrance on your right. To get to the Wisc. park go to Taylors falls and cross the river and take your first exit on the right and you will see the signs. You are able to fish from the Wisc side of the river with a Mn. lisc but you can not fish the lake held within the Park unless you have a Wisc lisc. Casting cranks or jig and minnow are both good ways to connect.

Tunrevir~

Another advice if you have a chest wader, it'll be a good idea to bring along with the high water level. I was there last monday fishing the MN side on the cliffs with no luck. Went to the MN state park, but water was high so left. Another spot you can check out is the Osceola bridge access, but with the high water level the gate might be closed. Good Luck with the opener.

I fish it quite a bit with chest waders but the water levels start getting iffy at 8000 cfs and we will probably be around 30000 cfs by Saturday with all the rain. Shore fishing will be tough and it can be dangerous in waders since it will be far into the trees. I love wader fishing the opener but im not going to risk it this year, going with the boat instead.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wi/nwis/uv?site_no=05340500

Good luck