• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice house battery located out side of the house in the cold

JSK76

I'm looking to move the battery from the back of my Ice Cabin to outside on the tongue. On the Ice Cabin there's plenty of room for a battery box on the tongue. I need less weight in the rear and more weight up front because of trailer sway. The wires already go from my battery in back all the way to the font as it is so that's really not an issue. My concern would be the battery out in the cold but on Ice Cabins the battery is pretty much out in the cold already. They slide into a plastic sealed compartment with just a metal vented door. The plastic battery compartment isn't insulated so it might get some heat from inside the house, it actually isn't very efficient far as heating the house goes. I'm not sure if the battery would be more then just a few degrees colder out on the tongue. Here's a few pics of the current set up and the black battery box is what I want to do, it just sitting there for the pic. full-26462-44348-image.jpg

full-26462-44349-image.jpg

full-26462-44350-image.jpg

It will be fine on the outside however when it gets cold out it will lose power faster I believe to some people it won't matter because they always have the gen. On but I like to shut mine off when Im a sleep and want my heater going strong

Hope that helps a