• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gophers are Big10 Hockey Champs

RumRiverRat

Buccigross needs to choke on a fricken piece of calamari or something he is the absolute worst play by play guy in the biz. I had the tv on mute most of the time.

Funny, I was going to say both things that captain and ft are saying.

College hockey is so fun to watch. The camera angles and darkness off the stadium was terrible. Reminds me of when the wild go to Edmonton.

And the play by pay, that's another story. I like him on sports center for hockey high lights but he is bad.

What a shot that Kloos has.......ting.

Gotta love those metallurgy shots.

The team was very careless with the puck last night. No doubt they have enough skill to play with anyone but play like last night will end a season in a hurry.

3 time regular season champs.

At least they have the attitude that they are not here to win regular season titles. They want the National Championship.

Sue fans said the Gophers could not hack it in the WCHA.

Sue fans said the Big 10 would be full of cream puffs.

With the balanced schedule there is no doubt that the Gophers are the best team in the Big 10.

Arguably the best goal tender in the nation plays for the Gophers.

Too say my expectations are high is an understatement.

Wait a minute did somebody hack into RRR's HSO account? grin

Hey Bryce how did the Sioux end up in the fight for the 1st ever Penrose Cup? smile

Go Lady Gophers!!!!

Saying you want the Sioux in the first round are you?

Rodents look good. Just gotta watch out for that history of choking.

Not looking forward to the future of the the Sioux after Big10 ruined college hockey.

Do you really think Penn St. built an $80 million dollar arena without the league assuring them that they would not be the doormat? Michigan has a bit to say about how the league is run too. Good luck with that officiating wink

Make sure you shoot straight on them white devils Pierre.

I would love to see the Sioux in the first round.

Just for the great entertainment.

Old time hockey.

The big ten is a joke, I agree with you there Bryce.

The gophers and the SUE won't meet in first round but you can bet the NCAA will make sure they are in the same region.

Still getting use to big ten hockey frown

One thing we all know for sure, if they can find a way to put the Gophers and Sioux in the same regional they will do it. Like last year I don't think the Sioux have the horses to beat us, just have to watch out for some ivy league buzz saw that could totally blind side you.

Well we just may have a Sioux vs Gopher NCAA match up after all.

The Sioux sneaked out a 4 to 3 win over CC last night in game 3 of the leagues playoff SERIES.

This win saved the Sioux from not making the NCAA TOURNEY.

Bryce I don't aim I just unload Everything I got... :-)

I bet combined big ten and nchc tourney doesn't pull in what the old wcha final five did. What a joke.

I think the attendance numbers will be fudged just a bit but I bet if you a actually counted the people in the building you would probably be right. Terrible logistics on the location and dates of the tournaments this year.

Not a bad way to start the week! The #Gophers took home even more hardware on Monday as Don Lucia was named Big Ten Coach of the Year, Adam Wilcox was named Player and Goaltender of the Year and Mike Reilly was named Defensive Player of the Year.

The Gophers also earned four All-Big Ten honorees in Wilcox (First Team), Reilly (First Team), Kyle Rau (Second Team) and Hudson Fasching (All-Freshman)!

Bucky fans get some cheap tickets. Probably more demand for girls state high school basketball tourney tickets. Yawn. Don't forget to thank the Big 10 for ruining college hockey as we knew it here in the west.

Dead on Bryce. Attendance has been terrible Xcel and target center. Combined they won't equal what the final five did. Pretty sad.

UND fans better hope new Hampshire loses otherwise they are out of NCAA.

This should have been a fun season for this Gopher fan but it has just been blah! All might be well in time but I just can't get into it like I use to. The only team in my conference I care to watch us play is Michigan, ya there is WI but sorry they aren't Michigan or UND and I know they are suppose to be our rivals but I just don't feel it. Even losing to Ohio State yesterday I wish it would have been St Cloud, UND, UMD or anyone else. Come on NCAA's take me away from this conference mess!

not enough good teams in the big ten, which makes it less interesting. the only game I watched this year was against st cloud. the big ten needs to add more teams into it, even if the teams don't play in the big ten in other sports.

The nchc tourney was bad too but I think the big ten tourney attendance was worse.

The team has been sleep walking the last several weeks. Trying to make too many cute plays instead of taking shots or executing a play.

It will be fun having SCSU in the same regional IF we even meet each other.

Field is set.

West Regional

Minnesota vs Robert Morris

St. Cloud State vs Notre Dame

Midwest Regional

Ferris State vs Colgate

North Dakota vs Wisconsin

East Regional

Union vs Vermont

Providence vs Quinnipiac

Northeast Regional

Mass.-Lowell vs Minnesota State

Denver vs Boston College

• 2 weeks later...

Wheres all the love for the Gophs? Frozen four bound! If we can get past North Dakota i'd say we are a shoe-in! Ski-U-Mah!

Wheres all the love for the Gophs? Frozen four bound! If we can get past North Dakota i'd say we are a shoe-in! Ski-U-Mah!

Well there are two whole threads dedicated to the NCAA hockey tournament. wink