• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

See ya Later Jared Allen

RumRiverRat

Quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Jared Allen is threatening to retire if no team meets his contract demands.

As Sporting News' Ross Tucker quipped, "When your leverage is a 'won't play' media leak, it's fair to say your market is very disappointing." Per RapSheet, Allen "wants his market value, his fair salary," and "if he does not get it, Jared Allen is very much at peace." It's possible that threatening to retire will further sink Allen's market. Rapoport also reported Allen has a "ton of admiration for Barry Sanders," who retired at age 30. Allen turns 32 in April.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zepman

• FISHINGURU

• BuckSutherland

• ozzie

Hahahahaha threatening to retire. No Jared please don't anything but that.

He should be willing to play for free after the money he made last year.

I see Ware just signed with Denver for 3 years/30M. Allen must be asking more than that if he couldn't get the deal done yesterday. Does he really think he's going to get @ 15M/YR on the back side of 30?

The same offer was extended to Allen but Denver asked him to wait until they could find out if Ware would take the same deal. Heh heh.

I agree he's not worth $10+ million a year.

But I don't blame him for not wanting to go through the punishment of another season or two if the price isn't right. Most football players will keep chasing contracts as they get older until finally no one offers them a contract any more. All the while each contract gets smaller and smaller and the risk of injury increases and the punishment continues to accumulate. I think more players should consider how much their long term health is really worth. Is it worth it to sacrifice your body in your 30's for an extra million or is it better to maintain your health and be able to enjoy your family and the 10's of millions you've already made?

I agree. Allen has made pretty close to 100M dollars in his career. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need another contract to salt away his future.

That being said...The Broncos chose Ware over Allen...same contract. To each his own I guess.

Somebody will pay Allen enough to keep him playing...he knows he's not a LOCK HOF'er just quite yet.

Hahahahaha threatening to retire. No Jared please don't anything but that.

He should be willing to play for free after the money he made last year.

Why in the world would any player do that??

WE signed a contract with Jared, he held up his end and the Vikes did also. Just because you fell he did not play well enough does not mean he owes anyone anything.

I guess if you feel Jared owes for a lackluster season last year, then maybe the Vikes also owe Jared for the great seasons he had and did not get paid enough, I am sure u would not agree with that.

Now you want him to play for free, do you want to go to work for a year for free.

C'mon.

Jared is a class act with all he does and donates to the Wounded Warriors. A friend of mine works with Jared for the WW's and he says the guy has a heart of gold. To bad more pro athletes do not set an example to the youngsters like Jared has.

Looks like the Seachickens just cleared up 7-8 M in cap space...looks like another (ex)Viking headed West.

I see Ware just signed with Denver for 3 years/30M. Allen must be asking more than that if he couldn't get the deal done yesterday. Does he really think he's going to get @ 15M/YR on the back side of 30?

I see nothing wrong with trying to get the most you can your last seasons. Heck, one can always come down in pay, hard to say I want more after you say you will; play for less. I am sure his agent knows what he is doing.

I'm with you Harvey.

We should all be happy that we got to watch Jared Allen play in purple as long as we did.

Why in the world would any player do that??

WE signed a contract with Jared, he held up his end and the Vikes did also. Just because you fell he did not play well enough does not mean he owes anyone anything.

I guess if you feel Jared owes for a lackluster season last year, then maybe the Vikes also owe Jared for the great seasons he had and did not get paid enough, I am sure u would not agree with that.

Now you want him to play for free, do you want to go to work for a year for free.

C'mon.

Jared is a class act with all he does and donates to the Wounded Warriors. A friend of mine works with Jared for the WW's and he says the guy has a heart of gold. To bad more pro athletes do not set an example to the youngsters like Jared has.

First of all it was a joke, I guess you have no sense of humor. I've never once said I feel Jared didn't play well enough, but if your asking me or anyone else the answer would probably be no he didn't for the kind of money he made.

I was the first person on this site to say we should go after Jared Allen in trade and most of the people didn't even know who he was, the other people said no way the price is too steep for a guy with alcohol problems.

Jared got to play out his whole contract which many players never get to see the kind of money he did last year, now he's holding out trying to make the same kind because that's what he thinks he's worth. If no one pays him the kind of money he's threatening on retiring LMMFAO.

If we would of cut him last year he would of had to play 3-4 seasons with a new team just to make the money we paid him last year. If it were me I'd be thankful of how much money I banked last year and would give a contender a deal so I could have a crack at a SuperBowl.

The Vikings could use a great football mind like yours fishinguru. You should maybe contact Spielman with some of your ideas.

I have dealt with JA on a personal level, and lets just say he was a very classy respectable guy. He has helped out many charities in our area, donated a bunch of time and money while he played in MN. The guy stayed out of trouble for his entire time here, which was a big question mark when we traded for him. He had a hell of a career in MN. I see no reason to bash the guy for playing out his contract he was given. If anything, you bash the FO for either not forcing a restructure, or for not cutting him. None of that was on Jared.

I think Jared has plenty left in the tank to give a team a couple more double digit sack years. Sure, he may not be the best run stopper, but then you play him as a situational player, and hope to get a contract with him for a situational player. He isnt worth 10 million a year, but at 6-8 he is.

Well Said Scott. JA seems like a great dude, he played out his contract as asked. We should have tried to resign/restructure if we wanted something different. I only wish him the best of luck..............unless he signs with the Packers....then he can stink.

I'm with you Harvey.

We should all be happy that we got to watch Jared Allen play in purple as long as we did.

Speak for yourself. We got rid of his bloated salary and in return signed 3 guys with roughly the same money. I have wanted to see him gone since 2011. The fact that he isnt signed yet should tell you what the rest of the league thinks of him. All they had to do was go back and look at the tape where 4th round pick and backup LT David Bahkarti from Green Bay owned him in two games. All JA can do is sack the QB, and that's it. He is worthless at team defense. I hope he never sniffs the HOF cause any team that he played for never went anywhere.

Yeah BuckSutherland, I'm speaking for myself. Think what you want to but I enjoyed watching Jared Allen play for the Vikings.

Man you are one negative person.

Nobody could flop on a pile and then stand up and act like he did something quite like Jared Allen.

Mediocre at best is what Jared Allen is.

The Vikings could use a great football mind like yours fishinguru. You should maybe contact Spielman with some of your ideas.

I hear ya, if that was the case we'd have JJ Watt right now also.

Sounds like its down to Seattle and Dallas. I am sure he is gonna want to get as much as those foolish contracts that D Ware and J Peppers signed.

Too bad he didnt end up in Green Bay. BTW, the Peppers signing by GB was horrible.

BTW, the Peppers signing by GB was horrible.

For 2014, Peppers will receive $8.5 million total. Based on the manner in which guys like Ross Tucker and Shaun King have assessed for Pro Football Talk on NBCSN the tape of Peppers’ recent performances, that’s probably a pretty good deal.

kaffeetrinker_2.gif

Quote:
For Cowboys fans hoping that good things happen in threes, the third good thing apparently won’t be the signing of defensive end Jared Allen.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, Allen in “unlikely” to sign with the Cowboys after Tuesday’s visit.

Allen also has visited the Seahawks, and other visits are possible.

The six-year Vikings and, before that, four-year Chief is looking for a “fair” contract and a “chance to win.” It’s possible the the range in which the Cowboys would pay didn’t sufficiently exceed Seattle’s range to justify the necessarily smaller chance of winning that exists in Dallas.

Allen can't sign in Dallas because they just closed the deal with Melton. A Pro-Bowl DT that is many years younger than Allen.

Dallas is cash-strapped right now and it's surprising they had enough cap space to close the Melton deal.

This would be so ideal for him. With the overall strength of that D he can pin his ears back and speed rush and put all kinds of pressure on opposing qb. How that speed rush is exposed against the run like it was with the Vikes D can be negated by the others on that Hawk defense.

Yeah, that's where linebackers come in handy but ours were never anywhere to be found. Oh yeah that's right they were always 20 yards deep playing Cover 2 Zone.

I wish him the best for 14 games a year. Time for Kalil to step it up. And All Day should have a good hole to run through now.