• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This probably isn't the place but I'm not sure where else to look. I'm wondering who are some dependable logging contractors in the area. Looking for a company that cleans up after they are done logging. I have around 10 acres that looking to get logged. Thanks

I'd check with Two Inlets Mill and if they can't do it, they would point you in the right direction. There's another guy not very far west of Dorsett on 18 - I think it's across the road from Deer Lake.

schmoe, I will have to ask my uncle but we had some guys come log our property and they did a very good job cleaning up and piling the brush up where we wanted it. Where is your property at?

10 acres is a pretty small job for a logger to move equipment into. I'd be prepared for getting little to no money off the job unless it's high quality saw logs or has a decent amount of wood on it. If you want a clean site then don't use a logger that limbs in the woods. If they limb at the landing you will have a pile that they may chip or can be burned in the winter. Kimballs and Dick Walsh are the bigger operations but many smaller guys like Manners, Dukek, and many others I can't seem to remember. I can only vouch for Manners - they leave a clean site. I've done some firewood cleanup on county land with a county permit and was the company that did those sites was sloppy. I know who it was but won't bad mouth a business without knowing the circumstances. I got about 8 cords of wood from the skids laying on the ground that were never pulled to the landing!

• 3 years later...

Well only now are we getting it logged, hopefully we choose the right loggers. Do you know who your loggers where ? Thanks 

On 3/4/2014 at 7:21 PM, stretch said:

schmoe, I will have to ask my uncle but we had some guys come log our property and they did a very good job cleaning up and piling the brush up where we wanted it. Where is your property at?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Don't take me wrong, I'm not anti-technology.  Battery powdered items will always have their place.  I'm mean you don't want your girl friend or wife in the bedroom playing for their gas powered adult toys!!  That would be a bit loud and smokey!    
    • smurfy
      🤣 nope...Leech's smartypants reply!!!!!!!   i liked it!!!!!!!!👍
    • Dash 1
      That’s right. My 84 year old dad loves his electric chain saw. Light weight and quiet. Besides, at his age he’s not cutting a bunch. Where as myself I want something with more power and heavier duty.  Look at how many people have switched back to gasoline cars after running one in winter if you travel a lot.   As long as my strike master works I’ll keep using gas. Maybe my next will be electric, but who knows,  you can find used gas ones pretty reasonable as others buy electric.
    • CigarGuy
      You guys giving me crap for my detailed reply? 🫣
    • smurfy
      🥴 didn't see that coming  pretty funny.🤣
    • leech~~
      Hey, I'm not cheap buddy, but it depends on the work too?  🤣
    • CigarGuy
      This is the bait frig at L&M in Virginia, the other day. Also, added Highway 65 bait.
    • smurfy
      New signs going up this year  
    • smurfy
      any idea on the going rate for leeches.......not by the lb????/ havent bought any in a few years!!!
    • leech~~
      I think electric items have their places, I just don't think large commercial jobs are going to be able to work well with them. Can't see a logging crew out in the woods all day changing batteries!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.