• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
schmoe147

logging Companies

schmoe147

This probably isn't the place but I'm not sure where else to look. I'm wondering who are some dependable logging contractors in the area. Looking for a company that cleans up after they are done logging. I have around 10 acres that looking to get logged. Thanks

cylinder

I'd check with Two Inlets Mill and if they can't do it, they would point you in the right direction. There's another guy not very far west of Dorsett on 18 - I think it's across the road from Deer Lake.

icefisker

Dick Walsh or Kimball Logging

stretch

schmoe, I will have to ask my uncle but we had some guys come log our property and they did a very good job cleaning up and piling the brush up where we wanted it. Where is your property at?

schmoe147

Near Itasca state park

mn_bowhunter

10 acres is a pretty small job for a logger to move equipment into. I'd be prepared for getting little to no money off the job unless it's high quality saw logs or has a decent amount of wood on it. If you want a clean site then don't use a logger that limbs in the woods. If they limb at the landing you will have a pile that they may chip or can be burned in the winter. Kimballs and Dick Walsh are the bigger operations but many smaller guys like Manners, Dukek, and many others I can't seem to remember. I can only vouch for Manners - they leave a clean site. I've done some firewood cleanup on county land with a county permit and was the company that did those sites was sloppy. I know who it was but won't bad mouth a business without knowing the circumstances. I got about 8 cords of wood from the skids laying on the ground that were never pulled to the landing!

schmoe147

Well only now are we getting it logged, hopefully we choose the right loggers. Do you know who your loggers where ? Thanks 

On 3/4/2014 at 7:21 PM, stretch said:

schmoe, I will have to ask my uncle but we had some guys come log our property and they did a very good job cleaning up and piling the brush up where we wanted it. Where is your property at?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Harv
      Not sure how to edit title...but it's at $500 now. Great deal!  I'm looking to upgrade, only reason why I'm selling.
    • Sorgy
      Stephen, I would double check that the leeches are decent. The leeches I picked up for opener I would be embarrassed to feed to sunfish 1 at a time. A bait store in Oakdale had very nice leeches last weekend. I highly recommend them. Good luck on Vermilion- we need some warmer temps.   Steve
    • Stephen L Johnston Jr.
      Following. Headed up in the morning to beat the traffic up, however, it looks like it will be raining unfortunately. The girls went out last night to buy new rain gear so we will be ready. Just made a post on the Facebook page fishing Minnesota as to where everyone’s favorite bait shop is. We usually stop by the bait shop in Harris. I called this morning to confirm that they have leeches available.
    • Wheres_Walter
      Headed up tomorrow for the long weekend.  People still seeing most walleye action on minnows?  We used chubs and rainbows last weekend, didn't seem to be a difference between the two.
    • Scott Friedman
      Chatter about conditions on rainy has been quiet... Anyone out there been doing any good?
    • Scott Friedman
      Thanks John! We are coming up in 7 days and hoping for warm. Would love to see more updates as the week progresses.  Will post our results 
    • Rick G
      Nice looking pike you caught, Mitch😉😊
    • JTeeth
      Happy to be on Lake Vermilion! EZfishUSA.com gets you fishing next to the guides without the time and cost of searching yourself. As a guide I can only use a fraction of my knowledge on any given day of guiding out on the water. I will be marketing fish catching locations on EZfishUSA.com. Walleye, Musky, Smallies, Largemouth, Crappie, Panfish, Trout in their respective seasons. Lake Vermilion can be intimidating and a hard lake to locate fish on. For a fraction of the cost of hiring me for a long boat ride(which I am Booked daily in the summer for guided fishing trips) you can use your own boat to go out and be on fish. Smaller lakes in the area are also a blast and available on the site. Each guide sets their own prices and the platform is free for them to use. Guides are interviewed before being granted access. I encourage folks with questions to call the customer service line on the site. Happy fishing everyone!  JTeeth
    • Rick
      Due to persistent flooding and damage from the winter’s hefty snowpack and spring’s heavy rains, Fort Snelling State Park will remain closed to the public through Memorial Day weekend and the month of June. Located at the confluence of the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers near the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, Fort Snelling State Park is one of Minnesota’s busiest parks and is a popular destination for hikers, bikers, birders and school groups. “We know how eager folks are to get out and enjoy nature now that spring has finally arrived, but making sure the park is safe for staff and park visitors is critical before opening,” said Fort Snelling State Park manager Kelli Bruns. “The park experienced significant damage to its main roads, and water lines, and there are downed trees and trail washouts that need to be repaired. Meanwhile, we hope people will consider visiting one of our other state parks.” The closure could remain in effect until sometime in July, depending on weather conditions and work progress. Department of Natural Resources and park staff want to remind people to refrain from coming into Fort Snelling State Park. “We are asking the public to not enter the park at this time. This is important for their own safety and allows workers a safe place to complete repairs and clean-up. Emergency responders would have difficulty locating people in the closed park if needed,” Bruns said. The DNR is committed to working on opening the park as soon as possible. The DNR encourages people to get out and enjoy Minnesota’s outdoors as the first holiday weekend of the season approaches. Birds are singing their spring songs, and wildflowers are in full bloom across the state. But due to the ongoing wet weather, the DNR would like to remind people to check on current conditions before heading out. For more information, consult www.mndnr.gov/closures.     Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Chill62
      Has anyone been out yet this year?  I haven't even put the boat in the water yet, I'm hoping to change that this weekend!    I don't know if people saw but a boat burnt up on Big Pine this past weekend.  They left the access going to their dock and the driver smelt something so stopped shut down the engine and found the fire.  Extinguisher was used but didn't put the fire out.  Other fisherman came and rescued the driver thankfully.  Take away is please check your fire extinguishers and make sure you break in your motors nice and easy in the beginning, you never know where a mouse has left a present for you to find later.