• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reloading Springfield XD-45 with LSWC bullets.

If you are the owner of this pistol (I have the Service model with the 4" barrel), you may have heard how difficult it is to shoot LSWC bullets without getting failure to feeds nearly everytime it is fired. The usual recommendation is to use RN or RNFP bullets instead. The XD forums are filled with users plagued with this problem.

I am a reloader, and after working at it for a while, I have finally figured out the right technique to make it work. I have to say I am rather proud of myself!

Using Falcon 200gr LSWC's, fill the case with 5gr of Bullseye and load them long..I tried a 1.270" C.O.L.

I found the slower the action cycled, and the longest cartridge length I could get away with resulted in no jamming whatsoever.

Hope this helps somebody!

• 4 weeks later...

I had another successful shoot using my .45 and 200 LSWC bullets. This time I went slower yet, using 4.5g of Bullseye and kept them long, at 1.270"

In this load I tried a batch of Badman bullets, and their quality was excellent. Recoil was very managable too.

back when I had my XD45 I ran a 200GR LSWC with a load of win 231 powder. DO NOT quote me on this but if I remember right it was 4.7grs win 231 with a OAL of like 1.25". the 4.7 GRS may have been for my 230 Lead Round nose round. I would have to look through what's left of my stuff and see if if I can find the exact formula. the bullets were from Cast and Blast Bullets out of Faribault, MN. Leo has a good selection of different bullets for a lot of different calibers.