• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kluwe: Vikings assistant is a “bigot,” Frazier and Spielman “cowards”

PurpleFloyd

So if the Vikings decide down the road to fire him you will believe it is justified?

There should be no question that they would be justified.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Canon Guy

• CaptainMusky

• fishersofmen

• FISHINGURU

I have no problem with how the Vikings Organization handled this situation. To me the suspension is sufficient. Had they fired him I feel is excessive even though it may have been justified in doing so.

Having said that, hypothetically speaking, you are pulled over for driving 5 MPH over the speed limit. You tell the officer you were NOT speeding (even though you know you were). He decides to give you a warning because you have nothing else on your record. He was JUSTIFIED in giving you a ticket for speeding, but he wasnt OBLIGATED to do so.

Looking at the entire body of work the Organization believed that this warranted some action, but not firing him. I have no problem with that.

Based SOLELY on the fact he lied and tried to cover it up then yes I would think his firing would be justified. Although without a history of problems, they could show leniency and I would be ok as well.

You tell the officer you were NOT speeding (even though you know you were). He decides to give you a warning because you have nothing else on your record. He was JUSTIFIED in giving you a ticket for speeding, but he wasnt OBLIGATED to do so.

This is only an analogy for the first lied, not the lies during the investigation.

He lied to investigators initially in January when this first came up, then admitted it to investigators in May.

He lied to investigators initially in January when this first came up, then admitted it to investigators in May.

Yes, he lied twice to the investigators from what I've read. He told the truth after it was comfirmed that he was lying.

Here would be my analogy.

I am a manager at a company and there has been a complaint filed against me for sexual harassment based on a something I said which would clearly be deemed inappropriate. Management comes to me and I tell them that I never said such a thing. The case becomes public and I tell the press that I did not and never would say such a thing.

My company shows faith in me,but hires an outside firm to confirm to them and the public that I was wrongly accused. During the investigation I lie, not once,but on two occasions, and I only tell the truth when it's obvious I was lying. I am now a confirmed liar and a major distraction. Do I keep my job? Not likely. Do I deserve to still have a job? No.

From what I read he lied once to investigators so my analogy fits which is why I typed it.

From what I read he lied once to investigators so my analogy fits which is why I typed it.

I might consider your analogy appropriate for the first time he lied to his bosses or the first time he lied to the public, but not for when he lied to investigators. You might be right about only lying to investigators only once, but that does not change the my outcome of my analogy. I still most likely lose my job and I could never with a straight face state that I still deserve to have my job after what I had done. So if I kept my job I would have to consider myself extremely lucky.

I guess I'm not surprised you chose not to answer the question.

Your ESPN comment is utterly ridiculous.

so you don't understand that making a 24/7 news story carnival for weeks on end does more damage than one guy who has nothing to do with any personnel decisions for any football team in the nfl saying he'd pass on the circus. which espn, deadspin, olbermann then perfectly prove his point by then creating a big top event around THAT statement.

if you want to make it the norm, set the example. guys that just want to be left alone and play football don't want the circus. they've been dealing with people passing over them their entire life. tony's not phasing them. see sam's response.

espn - "how can we make a big "distraction" out of a player coming out, tony, if you say that you wouldn't want to deal with the "distraction" by drafting that said player? hey, heres an idea. lets create even more distraction by talking about what tony said! "

pretty simple.

In your opinion.

Which is worth exactly as much as your's.

BTW, you are padding your post count nicely just with this topic. Nice job.

BTW, you are padding your post count nicely just with this topic. Nice job.

I still can't ever get close to your count. I know some of you would only prefer to pat each other on the back while agreeing with each other, but there is always more than one side to the story. Most of you clearly think I am wrong and I clearly think some of you are wrong, but if it bothers you so much just ignore my posts. I will keeping adding to my post count for as long as I see fit.

Maybe if nobody responds to my posts I might just make you feel better and go away from this thread.

I am indifferent as to your presence in this thread. But if I had an investigator interrogate me and the a confidante corroborate your accusation of me feeling better if you left maybe I would agree. Lol

I am indifferent as to your presence in this thread. But if I had an investigator interrogate me and the a confidante corroborate your accusation of me feeling better if you left maybe I would agree. Lol

I have to give you credit fot attempt at humor. wink

I see where you are coming from as far as Priefer not being up front about the truth of his statements from day one Canon. I just don't like how the whole thing was brought up in the first place. If Kluwless had a problem with what was said he shouldn't have laughed about it like everyone else. He should have taken the matter to management right away and had it dealt with in house but he was too busy running around the locker room making fun of pedophilia.

In light of the facts of the whole situation I really don't care that Priefer didn't take this matter seriously and told a few fibs. I actually think the suspension is extreme.

Its 1 guy vs the world. But that 1 guy nowdays gets more print because we have to take that into consideration becuz we might hurt someones feelings. we have a case here where most, in my crowd, would not have paid much attention to and might have laughed at what the coach said. Probably close to all of us. But the real problem here is the punter, cant say his name becuz he is one of those that needs attention said basically the same thing, referencing the notre dame thing. Its not different. He lost his job becuz they could replace him cheaper for the same performance and he never shut his mouth. How many times have we seen him on tv the last few yrs as really an insignificant part of the team. He needed his voice heard, hes a frickin punter who cant handle he got let go. Team up with the rainbow group and move on.

I see where you are coming from as far as Priefer not being up front about the truth of his statements from day one Canon. I just don't like how the whole thing was brought up in the first place. If Kluwless had a problem with what was said he shouldn't have laughed about it like everyone else. He should have taken the matter to management right away and had it dealt with in house but he was too busy running around the locker room making fun of pedophilia.

In light of the facts of the whole situation I really don't care that Priefer didn't take this matter seriously and told a few fibs. I actually think the suspension is extreme.

I agree 100%.

If he had come out right away and made the allegations then he would have a leg to stand on, but bringing it up years after the fact and after he got released and has no job just makes him look desperate and looking to extract revenge.

There are getting to be too many people who are getting too experienced at feeling outrage these days and I think it is time they get a little thicker skin.

That and the fact the hypocrite laughed at priefers "joke" in the first place makes it a complete farse. If he wasn't an attention whore then we wouldn't even be here bickering with canon guy who thinks priefer should have been fired.

"The Vikings suspended Priefer for the first three games of the coming season, but Kluwe has threatened to sue the team if it does not release the full 150-page report."

Let us take a look then have an opinion.

Best part is Kluwe and his lawyer told the Vikings not to release the information in the report. That's why they were so mad when the Vikings told everyone about Kluwe running around wanting to get corn holed.

I wonder what is in that report and why only a summary has been released.Is there something in there that would embarrass the Vikings if released?

Is there something in the report that would embarrass kluwe hence the reason his attorney asked it not be released?

Maybe there is something that embarrasses both. I would like to see it. I don't care who it embarrasses, as

I have no vested interest in either party.

Why does anyone think they deserve to see the Vikings report? It was their independent report they paid to be performed on their staff and employees? It was not driven by the NFL or any regulatory body, why does anyone (especially the media) assume the organization owes them their review?

Why does anyone think they deserve to see the Vikings report? It was their independent report they paid to be performed on their staff and employees? It was not driven by the NFL or any regulatory body, why does anyone (especially the media) assume the organization owes them their review?

Then why release any of it?

I guess we don't deserve it any more than they deserved the 1/2 billion dollars we gave then.

They released what they needed to I am sure to address the core findings. 20,000 ft view not front row seats.

If you think the public funding for the stadium is a concern then take that up with your legislators.

Because public tax dollars (A LOT OF THEM) are building this joke of a football franchise a new stadium.

That's why.

They released what they needed to I am sure

You are sure? There is no way to be sure.