• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hit the road, Leslie!

LMITOUT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• LABS4ME

• BuckSutherland

• zepman

I personally think Speilman should go as well, but I'm glad changes are being made. Need it badly. Now... who are we going to get? Someone else who gets fired today?

I can only speculate, but I bet the slime ball Spielman through Frazier under the bus in an act of self preservation... not that I would have kept the coaching staff if I was an owner, but the GM would be walking too.

Yeah like Spielman had to throw him under the bus, he threw himself under the bus all season.

I don't see how getting rid of a guy that has drafted half a dozen or so of the best players on your team in the past 2 yrs since he has been GM is a good idea.

It had to happen but I agree something stinks in purple town about Leslie not making all of the decisions this year.

It's because he has little peas. He loved Christian, that's his guy. I wish Frazier wasn't such a push over because if he would of played his guy Christian we'd have a top 3 pick right now.

That would be a huge concern Ryan, alos love to see Rick S go and start all over fresh.

Gives one some hope for the future at least knowing Leslie is gone.

Wonder who will pick up leslie???

Both Broncos coordinators on our "short list." They can both thank Peyton Manning when they get the big pay day.

I am glad to see Leslie go, however do not put all the blame of his performance on him. The Viking organization's recent history of losing quality coaches created the Leslie Frasier tenure. They watched Tony Dungy, Brian Billick and Mike Tomlin leave to become successful head coaches. I guess they picked the wrong guy to keep.

I hope they do not insert another inexperienced coach at this point with the team in total disaray. Too much for a young coach to overcome. I am actually warming up to the Ken Whisenhunt idea. Not calling him the next Tony Dungy, but both of them took over historically bad organizations (Tampa and Arizona) with their first HC job and turned them around, only to be fired. Whisenhunts demise was Kurt Warner retiring, only to be handed Matt Leinart to deal with. He is having some good sucess in San Diego this year as OC. Phillip Rivers is having one of his best years as a pro. With some of the offensive weapons on the Vikings (Peterson, Patterson, Rudolph), having an offensive minded coach might be good since we will most likely have a new coordinator.

It's because he has little peas. He loved Christian, that's his guy. I wish Frazier wasn't such a push over because if he would of played his guy Christian we'd have a top 3 pick right now.

Ya Ok... Ponder drafted by Spielman, McNabb picked up by Spielman, Freeman picked up by Spielman, Both McNabb and Freeman were not wanted by Frazier. I'm not so sure Ponder was ever Frazier's guy either. That was the touted 1st round draft pick given to him. He made his first statements yesterday basically saying the QB situation was not solely in his hands. I believe that. Spielman drafted 6 of the best players 0n your team... I think any GM can lay claim to that. How is your secondary doing? How is the LB corp doing? How is the QB position doing since he's been here? So what! he got Patterson right... maybe Rhodes if he can stay healthy... Kalil has not been spectacular this year. Rudolph has been very good. Harrison Smith has ben very good. I wouldn't crown him a brain whiz or a top GM by any stretch.

I believe he was telling Frazier who was playing at QB each week. Just like he was telling Freeman what to say at his intro press conference. I think Spielman has Wilf's ear and made sure to position all the problems on Frazier. Spielman is pointing out to all the inconsistancies during the season... yet most of the inconstancies were caused by the talent Spielman provided to the team.

I doubt if any coach could've made a silk purse out of the pig's ear that is the MN Vikings. Again, not saying Frazier should not have been released, I just think Spielman needs to follow right behind him...

Good Luck!

Ken

Ya Ok... Ponder drafted by Spielman, McNabb picked up by Spielman, Freeman picked up by Spielman, Both McNabb and Freeman were not wanted by Frazier. I'm not so sure Ponder was ever Frazier's guy either. That was the touted 1st round draft pick given to him. He made his first statements yesterday basically saying the QB situation was not solely in his hands. I believe that. Spielman drafted 6 of the best players in the NFL? Whom are these BEST players? How is the secondary doing? How is the LB corp doing? How is the QB position doing since he's been here? So what! he got Patterson right... probably Rhodes if he can stay healthy... Kalil has not been spectacular this year. Rudolph has been very good. Harrison Smith has ben very good. I wouldn't crown him a brain whiz or a top GM by any stretch.

I believe he was telling Frazier who was playing at QB each week. Just like he was telling Freeman what to say at his intro press conference. I think Spielman has Wilf's ear and made sure to position all the problems on Frazier. Spielman is pointing out to all the inconsistancies during the season... yet most of the inconstancies were caused by the talent Spielman provided to the team.

I doubt if any coach could've made a silk purse out of the pig's ear that is the MN Vikings. Again, not saying Frazier should not have been released, I just think Spielman needs to follow right behind him...

Good Luck!

Ken

Sorry Ken but Spielman has only been the GM for 2 years. By all the blame you put on him you must think he's the most powerful man in the world, he can tell the owners what to do, he can tell the players what to do and what to say, he can tell the coaches what to do, man must be nice.

I like how you take your opinion and base it as fact, like you know who wanted who and who told who to do what during the season. Just because it wasn't solely in Fraziers hands he makes the final decision being head coach, not like he came out and said Spielman made him do it lol.

I'd feel bad for any head coach that would have to take orders from a GM, a GM puts the players on the team, the coaches decide the rest.

Again, Spielman has only been GM for 2 years. So take the past 2 drafts he's been in complete control of for examples, not players we drafted and brought in as free agents from 3-4 yrs ago.

BTW I said 6 or so best players on THE TEAM not in the NFL. Name the best players on the team with the brightest future and you'll see they have came in the past 2 drafts.

Aren't you a Packer fan anyway? Thinking they have the best drafts and coaching but in reality it's all Rodgers? I bet Spielman can tell Rodgers what to do though. LMMFAO

Both Broncos coordinators on our "short list." They can both thank Peyton Manning when they get the big pay day.

Hip Hip does Peyton come with? I like how coordinators get jobs because they have one of the best QB's in the league. Peyton is his own coach, even Musgrave would look like a genius offensive coordinator with Peyton.

We might as well offer the job to Favre, that would ruffle alot of feathers.

I actually ammended my post prior to you posting. I miss read team and had NFL in my head. To that I apologize. But that even makes it more big whooppee... a GM should be able to say the 6 best players on a team are his. McNabb was Spielman, freeman was Spielman, Ponder was Spielman... how are those working out?

Not my opinion. Frazier came out and said the QB situation was done by Committee... Even that alone says he did not have complete control of who would or would not play. Word from inside was he did not want to play Freeman in the Giants game. Hence the reason why Freeman was given what? 50 pass plays? Word was, he didnt think he was ready, but said if you want to see Freeman play, here you go. We'll pass all day long. Not my opinions but what I hear/read reports. Sure some are conjecture, but if half of it is correct, Spielman does NOT turn the reigns over to the coach.

You are correct, I am a Packer fan. They have their own mess. I myself would hold McCarthy and Ted's feet to the fire this offseason. They have not done enough to keep balance with talent on both sides of the ball. But I have high expectations...

My belief is if you want to start a new regime, get rid of all the staff that had a hand in the 5 win season. I think now would be a great time to get rid of Spielman and elevate Studwell to GM. As head of scouting, he has his pulse on the upcoming draft and can step in and perform admirably.

Good Luck!

Ken

And Studwell is a moroon too.

I am sitting by the phone waiting for the call if they want me to take Spielman's job.

Buck...

I think you would be the only person in MN with a bigger ego than Spielman! laugh LOL... maybe you should be proactive and give ziggy a call... he should be looking for ways to save some money!

Good Luck!

Ken

Buck...

I think you would be the only person in MN with a bigger ego than Spielman! laugh LOL... maybe you should be proactive and give ziggy a call... he should be looking for ways to save some money!

Good Luck!

Ken

He wont save any money hiring me. I am going to be expensive. Jerry Jones may need me yet to help turn things around down there. Still trying to convince him to fire Garrett.

I can't see how the team's failings could possibly result from Frazier's leadership this year. The failing at quarterback was due to talent, not scheme or motivation. On the other hand, the defense got better and better throughout the season. Young players progressed and contributed more and more. Players' comments indicated they stayed onboard and unified despite being buried right away.

They just fired a good coach because they gave him 3 quarterbacks who were not skilled enough to start. This could have been a 10 win team with a good starting quarterback and the same coaching staff.

Bad move, Wilfs. You knew the public would want blood, so you shot us in the foot.

I can't see how the team's failings could possibly result from Frazier's leadership this year. The failing at quarterback was due to talent, not scheme or motivation. On the other hand, the defense got better and better throughout the season. Young players progressed and contributed more and more. Players' comments indicated they stayed onboard and unified despite being buried right away.

They just fired a good coach because they gave him 3 quarterbacks who were not skilled enough to start. This could have been a 10 win team with a good starting quarterback and the same coaching staff.

Bad move, Wilfs. You knew the public would want blood, so you shot us in the foot.

Some people just cant be helped. crazy

McNubb and Blunder were not drafted or signed in the past 2 yrs so that really doesn't matter if it worked out when talking about Spielman being a GM. Freeman didn't work out with his what 4 days of being on the team and pushed into a game to throw for 50+ times? Hard to say if Freeman would of worked out or not with 1 start not knowing any plays or any of his team mates, some of the best QB's in the league wouldn't do very well not knowing any plays or with no practice with team mates.

Even if it was a bad move not like every single move a guy makes is going to workout. I didn't agree with the signing of Jennings either but it is what it is.

That's fine Frazier said it was a committee but that doesn't mean it was Spielman telling everyone what to do.

Who's idea was it to start Henderson all year just to find out that 2012 7th round pick Cole (a Spielman guy) was better?

Who couldn't figure out how to use Patterson (a Spielman guy) until 90% of the season was over?

Kalil (alot of people wanted Blackmon here, how's that workin?)

Smith ( best safety on our squad in a long time)

Wright ( the 2nd year pro who mentored Patterson)

Walsh (the 6th round record breaking kicker people said wasted pick)

Cole (2nd yr 7th rounder better then the starter)

Rhodes ( started coming strong)

Patterson (one of the most electric players in the draft)

Locke ( got alot of use out of him this season LMMFAO)

All Spielmans guys just in the past 2 yrs he's been GM. There are others that we haven't even got to see much of yet.

I agree getting rid of all the staff that don't know how to use talent, I see plenty of young talent on the team but it's not being used right (or to late). That doesn't have anything to do with Spielman.

I think the key to Frasiers firing was at his news conference last night, when he said me and my staff are under contract, and hope the team honors their side of the contract. He lumped himself in with the coordinators, and the rest of the coaches. I could of given Frasier a free pass, but the rest of them needed to go. Frasier hung himself with the comment of "us".

With that, Frasier wasnt going to bring us to a Super Bowl, he may not have been the reason for our bad seasons, but he wasnt going to bring us to the promise land.

He lumped himself in with the coordinators, and the rest of the coaches. I could of given Frasier a free pass, but the rest of them needed to go. Frasier hung himself with the comment of "us".

Yep, the same guys that made the "committee decisions".

Unbelievable love for a guy who made so many bad coaching decisions.

He was at his best in meaningless games and at his worst in big games. At the end of games, he had to be the worst in the league. We should have won four more games this year.

All the hate for Spielman. How is Percy doing? Why couldn't Patterson get on the field over a guy that should be in jail. There is a reason all the other teams passed on Frazier.

Elite QB's don't become available every day. We had a chance for Luck and won a meaningless game in Washington.

McNubb and Blunder were not drafted or signed in the past 2 yrs so that really doesn't matter if it worked out when talking about Spielman being a GM. Freeman didn't work out with his what 4 days of being on the team and pushed into a game to throw for 50+ times? Hard to say if Freeman would of worked out or not with 1 start not knowing any plays or any of his team mates, some of the best QB's in the league wouldn't do very well not knowing any plays or with no practice with team mates.

2013-2yrs = 2011. Thats the year 'Blunder' and 'McNubb' as you so eloquently called them, joined the Vikings. So I would say they are squarely on Ltl Ricky's shoulders. Freeman is this year. So 3 out of the 4 QBs on staff are his guys, on his GM watch.

I still say your starter for next year is Freeman with Ponder as back-up. My gut tells me that... yes that's my opinion.

In the end, I can really care less about Spielman other than I like to talk football. He just wreaks of a guy with little character from the snippets I hear him talk. He may very well be a stand up guy, just doesn't portray himself as such... We'll see if he can pull the Vikings out of the quagmire they are in. If he does, with 'his' coach and another year's worth of draftees and FAs then I will come on here and crown him king of the NFL GMs. My guess is he too will be gone.

Good Luck!

Ken

And Studwell is a moroon too.

I am sitting by the phone waiting for the call if they want me to take Spielman's job.

Here are the QB's drafted by the Vikes during Studwell's tenure as Director of College Scouting.

2006 - TARVARIS JACKSON (64), QB, Alabama State

2007 - TYLER THIGPEN (217), QB, Coastal Carolina

2008 - JOHN DAVID BOOTY (137), QB, Southern California

2010 - JOE WEBB (199), QB, UAB

2011 - CHRISTIAN PONDER (12), QB, Florida State

And add to his credentials excellent scouting on two first round draft picks Troy Williamson and Erasmus James...

2007, 08 and 10 were not drafted to be starters. Every team in the NFL drafts QBs in mid to late rounds that never pan out. They all are looking at maybe getting lucky and developing a starter and/or back up. The Packers had a couple others Qbs drafted in the Farve/Rogers era. Your argument holds for the ones taken in rounds 1 and 2 and thought to be starters. Jackson and Ponder.

I think Travesty was thought to be a starter and was not... and Ponder the same. I think they really reached for Ponder (who knows who was the 'one' to pull that trigger). Jackson in round 2 (last pick in round two) was also a reach but if I remember he was projected as high as a third rounder wasn't he? So the Vikings may not have reached as far in the second on him as they did with Ponder.

Good Luck!

Ken