• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hit the road, Leslie!

LMITOUT

Quote:
Report: Frazier is out

Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2013, 12:16 PM EST

On Saturday, a source with knowledge of the situation told PFT that no decision has been made regarding the future of Vikings coach Leslie Frazier. According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, a decision has been made.

Per Glazer, Frazier is out.

There was no wiggling or waffling in Glazer’s report. Glazer said the hammer will fall after ownership meets on Monday morning with G.M. Rick Spielman.

We’d previously heard that Spielman has compiled a double-digit list of potential candidates. Every team even possibly considering a change would have a list of potential replacements at this point.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• LABS4ME

• BuckSutherland

• zepman

Think they need maybe look above him He maybe going to be the fall guy

But I think some one else was telling to go with ponder as long as he did

I wondered about many calls he made but I dont think he couldnt see that ponder was no good

If its true... A step in the right direction for sure! Nice guy and all, but come on man... you gotta do better then 3-13, 10-6, 4-10-1. 17-29-1 aint gonna get you or your team very far. Go back to coordinating Leslie

Think they need maybe look above him He maybe going to be the fall guy

But I think some one else was telling to go with ponder as long as he did

I wondered about many calls he made but I dont think he couldnt see that ponder was no good

I agree with you gregg... but you look at some of the other things with this coaching staff- Terrible coordinators with NO imagination. Audie Cole vs. Aaron Henderson. Not using Xavier Rhodes correctly until 3/4 of the season was over.... The list goes on and on. This coaching staff just isn't very good. Don't let the door hit ya boys!

And spielman, your next if things don't improve QUICKLY bud...

Quote:
Not So Fast, Vikings May Be Keeping Frazier After All

By: Aj Mansour | KFAN.com

@AjKFAN

Minneapolis, MN - As a disappointing Vikings season comes to a close and the plans to deflate the Metrodome one final time begin to take action, the talks surrounding retaining head coach Leslie Frazier into the future appear to be heating up.

Thought to be a dead man walking after his 3-13 season in 2011 and another losing season in 2013 (setting up for a 5-10-1 finish at best), it sounds as if the possibilities of keeping Frazier around for another season are real. Taking everything into account, today's game at Mall of America Field may have a lot to say about the future employment of Leslie Frazier with the Minnesota Vikings.

Throughout the turmoil of another losing season, Frazier seems to have retained the attention of his players in the locker room. Take a quick look around the league and you can see coaches who have lost the locker room (Detroit, Washington, Oakland). The feel in Minnesota is vastly different. Players seem to be taking responsibility for the struggles and are apparently still be firmly supplanted in the corner supporting Frazier.

If today's game against the Lions goes well, and the Vikings opt to keep Frazier around for another season, you would have to expect some changes to be made within the supporting cast.

Defensive coordinator Alan Williams is on the verge of allowing the most points in the 52 year history of the Minnesota Vikings. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave has seemingly been on the hot seat from the day he was hired, and if fans had their say, he would have been out the door after the 2010 season. Such moves would leave the door open for position coaches like Jeff Davidson (offensive line), Mike Priefer (Special Teams) and Mike Singletary (special assistant to the head coach/linebackers) to receive a promotion as well as keeping the door open to outside candidates.

So let's not rush to judgement on the fate of the current head coach. While the coaching staff as a whole may have a bit of a new look in 2014, the possibilities of it being headed by Leslie Frazier are still legit.

Aj Mansour covers Minnesota Sports for KFAN.com. Feel free to leave comments and questions regarding this post in the space provided below. For Vikings updates and breaking Vikings news, follow Aj on Twitter. @AjKFAN

Read more: http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11933538#ixzz2oqj4m3Tt

If Leslie's fate depended on the outcome of today's meaningless game between two teams with no playoff future, then the Vikings are undoubtedly the worst run franchise in sports.

BTW, the little rah-rah piece by the K-FAN-boy you posted came out before the Jay Glazer report and is complete speculation with no "sources" mentioned. Not saying that Glazer is correct, but these are two very different reports/articles.

And spielman, your next if things don't improve QUICKLY bud...

I think he has been drafting nicely. It's not his fault it takes the coaches most of the season to figure out how to play the guys he's drafted, past 2 drafts since he's been in total control have been really nice IMO.

Leslie and the staff blow goats, sure they are nice guys and you wish them well but this team needs an overhaul.

If Leslie's fate depended on the outcome of today's meaningless game between two teams with no playoff future, then the Vikings are undoubtedly the worst run franchise in sports.

BTW, the little rah-rah piece by the K-FAN-boy you posted came out before the Jay Glazer report and is complete speculation with no "sources" mentioned. Not saying that Glazer is correct, but these are two very different reports/articles.

Hey, I have no idea what is going to happen but I saw that article come up in my Facebook news feed and I just couldn't resist....... grin

Like I said in a different thread, Black Monday is tomorrow.

We'll know a lot more come Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning.

Yup. That's why Frazier needs to take Speilman with him. Nothing but bad decisions come from Speilman on down

It's not Spielmans job to coach these guys up. Spielman also doesn't write up a game plan. It's obvious that the issue is the head coach and coaching staff. But in their defense, they have to be the cheapest staff out there. Is that Spielman or maybe the tight pockets of the Wilfs? Are the Wilfs going to pony up some $ or are we going to be looking at the same quality (lack there of) that we got here now? This team is more than a year away from being considered remotely close to playoff contender. Massive rebuilding period, sorry AP.

Patterson and Rhodes were great picks. I would dump AP and sign Gerhart. Use the extra cash to help sign a linebacker or d-line.

AP loves Frazier due to the run first philosophy. It doesn't work much in the league anymore.

I am afraid the Wilf's will run the Vikes like Jim Pohland runs the Twin's.

Doesn't do much for a winning program.

If Leslie does not go right along with his coaches, then I will believe the Wilf's are not in it to win.

Harvey I disagree the wilfs have proven they are willing to spend money. An easy example is $2M for Freeman.

I don't think tight pockets on the behalf of the owners is the issue. NFL has a cap something the twins don't have to worry about. They had a shiny new stadium making money hand over fish but didn't buy talent for the field.

There will be a ton of dollars freeing up for the vikes in the off season they can get some free agents and be aggressive in the draft.

Their record may not show it but they aren't that far away from a playoff team. Antoine Winfield on this roster this year and I bet that alone gets us 4 more wins. The money tied up in Allen killed is.

The Vikings arent that far from being a playoff team, I do agree with that. We lost most of our games by less then 1 score, and were ahead in most of them in the 4th quarter.

That said, a few correct tweaks, and we are a 10-6 team. Whether them tweaks be from a MLB, CB, coaches, or a QB. If we fix all of them holes, we are a contender.

We have some good young talent, and some big expiring contracts this summer, to free up some cash for a couple decent FA's. We will also get an early draft pick, that we can use to fill a hole or two. A new coaching staff, a couple good draft picks, a Free agent or two, and we could easily win our division, and be a contender.

I think we bring back Cassel, and have an open competition for the starting position, along with another FA, and whatever QB we draft in the first round.

But in reality, this is a MN sports team, they will keep Frasier, bring back Ponder, cut Patterson, and Rhodes, resign Allen for $15 million a year, then be in competition for a top 5 pick next year, then mess that up by wining a couple meaningless games at the end of the season.

Oh ya, Go Bears!!!

"But in reality, this is a MN sports team, they will keep Frasier, bring back Ponder, cut Patterson, and Rhodes, resign Allen for $15 million a year, then be in competition for a top 5 pick next year, then mess that up by wining a couple meaningless games at the end of the season."

If the Wilf's wan to win, Leslie has to go and his staff. I do not see anyone leaving in regards to players other than Allen unless he is willing ti sign for way less. Gotta keep Rhodes and Patterson and Ponder, well who knows what will happen to him.

the only job ponder should have next yr is making babies with his wife. but he will probably screw that up to.

Wilfs aren't afraid to spend money, even though most of them weren't worth the money we've got some of the top free agents the past few years.

I wish the Wilfs owned this team during the Late 90's/early 2000's.

A real crowd pleaser will be the fact I don't think Ponder will be going anywhere.

He will be in the final year of his rookie deal which is really cheap. He has been in the system and if the coaching staff is retained I bet Ponder is back.

Not saying he will be the started but I bet he is here.

Other than him I seriously doubt Cassel or Freeman will be here.

Another free agent will come in along with a draft pick IMO.

Channel 9 is reporting that he has been let go and a news conference will be held at 9 am. Little Ricky ought to be tossed also. Frazier let the cat out of the bag last night in his post game conference that the QB starter was a committee decision, the GM and owners weighed in on who would be starting each week. So now you know why Ponder was 'their best chance to win' week after week. All this is making me believe Freeman will be the starter next year. Frazier never wanted him, Spielman did... New coach, Spielman stating freeman is their guy... Mold him. Otherwise I cannot begin to understand why they've held onto him and paid him... Remember the GM does more than draft... I think letting Winfield walk hurt them, Allan and Williamsq walking will hurt them, ignoring the LB position has hurt them...

Good luck!

Ken

I can only speculate, but I bet the slime ball Spielman through Frazier under the bus in an act of self preservation... not that I would have kept the coaching staff if I was an owner, but the GM would be walking too.