• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Fishing on the Rainy River

Winter is finally here!! It has been snowing a little bit so far today but we haven't gotten the big storm they were talking. We are hoping it misses us! We have some groups that have been fishing down by the airport in the evenings and have been doing really good. They are walking out and remember to be safe! Grant and I are hoping to get out there one of these nights. It's been a busy week so far but hoping if the storm misses us we will be able to fish tomorrow evening or Friday. We will keep you updated on the fishing.

We didn't make it out fishing but we did hear from some friends that they have still been doing both on the river and the lake. Most of our friends are now fishing the lake. We have seen pictures of some nice 28 inch walleyes caught on the lake. Remember to be safe! We have been having cold days and nights for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I just saw your post...For some reason I have a big problem getting anywhere on this site. I have tried multiple times in the last few weeks and can't get anywhere. It took me a half hour just to get to this post.

The ice is good on the River in front of us and we don't see any slush out there anymore.

Fishing report on January 10th, 2014:

Some groups reported keeping 13 or more fish for the day. We had beautiful weather and even some snow flurries later in the day. The groups were hoping fishing would be about the same today. They were fishing in about 27 plus feet of water. We haven't heard much for reports on the Rainy River lately but we have seen many locals fishing up river from us. One of our guests tried by the airport during the day and caught some keepers during the day.

Sorry I just saw your post...For some reason I have a big problem getting anywhere on this site. I have tried multiple times in the last few weeks and can't get anywhere. It took me a half hour just to get to this post.

The ice is good on the River in front of us and we don't see any slush out there anymore.

Fishing report on January 10th, 2014:

Some groups reported keeping 13 or more fish for the day. We had beautiful weather and even some snow flurries later in the day. The groups were hoping fishing would be about the same today. They were fishing in about 27 plus feet of water. We haven't heard much for reports on the Rainy River lately but we have seen many locals fishing up river from us. One of our guests tried by the airport during the day and caught some keepers during the day.

Grant and I went out fishing for a few hours on Monday right before dark. Grant had a bite and missed it and I never had a bite but we still had fun. We tried fishing right in front of our place. There was another house closer towards shore and they didn't catch anything either in the few hours.

I talked to a few different groups about fishing yesterday (Tuesday, January 14th) and they said it was a lot slower than Monday but still caught some fish. We are suppose to get some snow today and tomorrow is suppose to be windy. Hopefully the fishing is good this weekend!