• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RiverChuckNorris

I think we'll be in good shape despite the white junk come early next week thanks to the sub-zero temps starting tomorrow!

I think the snow will move the date for pulling out the house from before Christmas to mid January.

Because the size of the lake and the winds that come with the area most of the snow will get blown off the lake.

Only 3+ inches? We should be good by round about christmas especially with the cold air moving in........or so I hope.I'd like to spend new years on the ice down there.

More like a foot on the pond, and if it is wet and now froze it won't blow much. hard to predict how the ice will grow. I would think if the pattern holds shacks will be out by x-mas. Long range forecast says below zero every night almost till the 20th. hard to imagine that would not make over a foot of ice.

More like a foot on the pond, and if it is wet and now froze it won't blow much. hard to predict how the ice will grow. I would think if the pattern holds shacks will be out by x-mas. Long range forecast says below zero every night almost till the 20th. hard to imagine that would not make over a foot of ice.

hope so buddy! us and I believe Lee are planning on being up the weekend after Xmas from Thursday or Friday until Monday! better buy more whiskey! hope to see you there!

I will be putting mine out about the same time probably. Be out of town for x-mas down on the Gulf.

Paul Waldowski

Ryan,

Tomorrow we will be getting out on the ice and assessing the conditions. Updates can be found here, on our website and FB page.

awesome, thanks Paul! good luck! I checked the webcam today and it looked like you've already started working on the landing! btw.... see a few posts up, where Tony goes, we go!

Driving by the west side yesterday we saw probably a dozen houses out and 1 or 2 wheelers

Paul Waldowski

Just came in off the lake. We will be opening up for snowmobile and wheeler access to both Shaw's Reef and Doe Island Reef on Wednesday. We found 8 inches of ice everywhere in the bay and out to bout 1/4 mile past Does Island. At that point we had slush and 5 inches of ice. We have started to clear our landing in anticipation of staging houses soon. We will spend tomorrow staking trails and plowing out an area for a skating rink.

awesome! Thanks Paul! hey can you have Donny call me about something we spoke about when I was last up or should I call the resort? Can't wait to get up there and user or new house!

btw.... the links at the bottom of your signature link to a low thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Backforty
      Danner.  Autocorrect gremlins are active today. 
    • Backforty
      Dinner grouse boots for me. Made in the USA.  Support my feet well. 
    • smurfy
      Wife just showed me a facebook post by highbanks today. Urgent message at that. Seems another resort is trying to tie in to highbanks road system.
    • Wanderer
      Looks like the shanty town that sprung up around my house in central MN.  Just moved it off to a new, less populated spot and now have someone drilling by me.
    • Wanderer
      Good advice @Hookmaster.   I don’t think ever entered a channel on the lake in the winter.  I’ve always played it like you described.
    • Hookmaster
      26 foot and it has 3 fishing holes.   😂🤣 Attached are a couple of pics of the bay where the access is. The larger part of the bay to north has way more houses than this.
    • hitthebricks
      Fish-Lectronics in Mlps. on University
    • hitthebricks
      Found my problem, broken prong on the power connection but  Marcum won't sell me the part.  They say I need to send it in, can't bring it in because of Covid, so $99 plus shipping.  I found the part online for $4.50.  Thanks for the thoughts and comments.   HTB  
    • Hookmaster
      Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for fishing Minnetonka, but I have been fishing it since the late 60s. Even in normal winter's (whatever that is) there can be bad spots away from shore due to springs or schooling fish and the channels can be sketchy too. Many times there are pressure ridges at the mouths of the channel than one can break through. Just ask my dad, and he was walking. If you're set on Tonka I'd suggest picking an area of the lake with large bays so you wouldn't have to go through a channel or it would minimize the number of channels you went through. Now if someone has been out this winter and knows it's safe that's a different story or if you check the channels before you go through them. It's a fun lake to fish year 'round but especially in the winter. There are a lot of fish in it.
    • Sorgy
      Skunked- The areas of Black lakes seemed very similar to Black Bay. Flat 6 to 7 feet deep. I did have a friend years ago take his fish and ski into Black Lake. He said it was interesting getting in there. Do you ever see signs of winter kill in Black Bay? I thought I recalled something about one 7 or 8 years ago.    Good Luck - Enjoy every day    Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.