• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What lakes did you check to get the 2-4" reading?

French, Mazaska, Shields.

I am heading out today to French. Bout 11am to 3pm. I'll be in a Clam Base Camp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt C

• Rubber Ducky

• Mike Dumas

• troutman72

Crazy weather... The way it's going next weekend might be able to get the ice castle on local lakes with the wheeler. The best ice making conditions in years!

3.5" on the main lake. our spear house is the first one out this year grin life is good, now Too bad I can't spend time in it, but others will enjoy.

Spent some time on Washington today, was very happy to find 8" of solid black ice and an additional inch of cloudy ice on top from the rain/snow. Still some open water past the narrows. Drove by Scotch and there were two holes of open water, I am assuming from the airator. Tough to see if it wasn't for the steam.

Has anyone been on Washington recently? I'm makin my first trip out on the ice this year and I'm hoping to get an idea of where I should walk on.

Thanks.

Nick

What about Duck Lake or Madison or Jefferson. Was hoping to get out tomorrow. Any spots I should avoid aside from the narrows on Madison??

I was on Duck today. 6 inches of ice. Just enough blue gill and crappie action to keep it interesting. No crappies over 9 inches though.

Collective pucker on French right after sunset last night. Loudest ice pop/noise I have ever heard, and I was not alone. Almost simultaneously, a "HOLY S*#!" rang out from every portable within 100 yards of me.

Making ice...love it!

Cedar Lake in Scott County had 9 inches as of Saturday morning. I'm sure its over 10 by now.

I went out of Westwood on Sunday on foot. I walked almost to the narrows a drilled a few holes. I also measure with a tape and exclude snow. That said I measured ten inches everywhere I drilled. Good solid clear ice.

Snow seems to be blowing and not piling up so as far as insulating and preventing good ice from from forming I don't know that it is a worry.

I fished 10 to 13 feet and talked to a guy who fished 15 to 17 feet neither one of us caught much.

Well tomorrow's low is -15 when I last checked.... By Thurs Fri people will be driving and all the permanants will be out!

Well tomorrow's low is -15 when I last checked.... By Thurs Fri people will be driving and all the permanants will be out!

Get ready to run!!! LMAO

what's the over under we see a car or truck become a fish crib this wkend....? Be safe out there
there are only going to be certain spots that will be safe to drive the weekend. But we all know there are some weekend warriors that think... Ohh there's 10 inches here let me go drive under that bridge.... Anyone who is thinking of driving only go where you know the ice is thick. No ice is safe ice!

Madison today. Started off just north east of the narrows, had 9 inches. I have a measure on my ice scooper.

Moved just on the south side of the narrows and also had 9 inches.

Got 10 1/4 inches on ceadar in rice county. Just drilled 5 holes. Bout 30 yard out from the fish house all the same thickness.

Full size ford drove out to center of cedar in rice county just now

Yeah...at least one more weekend of walking for me. Whats a little exercise?