• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please remember that No ice is safe ice! Buddy system, life jacket, spud bar and ice picks are an absolute MUST!!!

11/24 10:30 am -

French lake is locked up. 1 to 2 inches of ice.

Roberds is locked up. .5 to 1 inches of ice.

Mazaska still has open water.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt C

• Rubber Ducky

• Mike Dumas

• troutman72

I just got in from my own lake tour. It looks like anything locked up will survive this wind. Cordova/Gorman locked up. Greenleaf locked up. Volney had one spot the birds were trying to keep open. Lexington was locked up. I plan on getting out next weekend.

Three guys off the access of Henry, one guy and a portable on Scotch, didn't check ice depths just drove around the area. Looking good laugh

Matt...did you make it out? I am thinking of heading out tomorrow after work if the ice is walkable. Probably Shieldsville.

Just got back in.

-French, is open on the Northern 1/4. But the south end has 2 to 3" I walked out about 100 yards from the DNR landing.

-Mazaska is 75% open, I didn't even step foot on it.

-Shields is 2 to 2.5. There was a guy out of the DNR landing. I walked out 50/75 yards.

Tomorrow is my day to fish! I was OK on the 2"...but I'll let tonight's cold temps build just a bit more ice.

I'll be on Shields later morning tomorrow if anyone cares to join me.

I see only 1-1/2" of ice on Beaver Lake as well as St. Olaf Lake. Give it til next weekend for those ice to be solidified. I do not get on the lake as long it is a bit over 3", then I will give it a chance. Just my thought.

3.25 on Shields today. Man it felt good to fish on hard water!!!!!! Didn't catch anything, but I didn't really care! lol.

Mazaska was locked up again as well as French.

None of my buddies wanted to risk it with me today so I didn't get to fish.

I'm spending the afternoon retying and stretching my line. Looks like I'm going to hit some backwaters in Winona when I get back to school on Friday.

3.25 on Shields today. Man it felt good to fish on hard water!!!!!! Didn't catch anything, but I didn't really care! lol.

Mazaska was locked up again as well as French.

Grr grr!!! Not making this any easier on us, Matt. LOL! Shields...hmm, hmm....lemme think this over. Thanksgiving evening, Friday, Saturday? TBD!

Took a drive today, stopped by Kelly lake, one guy out in a fish trap looked to have a SOLID 5-6 inches, I dont have either of my augers with me nor did i bring my spud with so im GUESTIMATING here. Also went to Roberds, south access looked pretty good, north access ice was heaving a bit and was not near as strong of ice, it was cracking pretty good with my fat butt on top of it. Checked french too, looking good looked to be about 3.5-5 inches of ice for the 200 or so yards i walked out. A few more real cold nights and we should have some really good ice, been along time since i have seen good ice like this!!

Ken, no. I was off the dirt road/bay. That house off the access, I saw him put out yesterday when I was checking ice. I'm pretty sure he is after pike, as he's in 6 FOW and weeds.

Made the roundes yesterday and found some very variable ice conditions. Circle, locked tight with 3 inches. No fish, and very poor water clarity, less than a foot. Tetonka only had about 1/2 inch where I tried to get out on and I broke through immediately. Ended up with tip ups onelysian with 3 inches of I e and no flags. I for one have never done well early ice bit still find my self out there every year

Caught about 20 small walleyes and a couple nice crappies and perch. Also 4 channel cats that were in the 5-6 lb range.

I was on the main bay of Madison yesterday and by shore it was not quite 2 inches.

1 bang with the chisel and it went through.

I was on the very south side the public access next to the gated house. But for all the lakes the ice was nice and clear and looked like good ice, hopefully only good things happen from here!!

Just gotta get through this week's warmer strecth with temps near 40. Next weekend has the potential to be brutally cold, with a deep trough moving in. Talking highs in the single digits and lows below zero.

Six inches on a very popular lake this morning and I was the only one there...it was like the twilight zone out there. Only caught small fish but plenty of them. Ice has been good on all the lakes I've been on. Be cautious but go fish!

was a wheeler on shoe yesterday way out in the middle. i walked out and only got 4.5 inches of ice wherever i punched a hole with the spud bar.

risky with that much ice in my opinion

they drove off safe.

will be going out there this morrning to try my luck be in a blue trap 2 with a chisel to punch my holes stop and say hey if your out there.

That wont hurt the ice one bit with the cold snap afer it. We just need that snow to stay away. If we dont get the snow, we could be driving on the ice by Christmas this year.