• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

Man Hawks are going to be tough, they are pretty much stacked up front and their D are light years better than the Avs. We are going to need Crawford to have a bad series to have a chance, our own goalie situation look dismal right now. Hoping we put up a better fight than last season, anything beyond that is gravy.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

Savard was a stud -smoked two packs a day, that is just crazy - my old man used to love watching him play.

I only hated Savard because he was so good. First player I ever remember that was so smooth on the spin-o-rama.

St. Louis thought it was a 70 game season and no playoffs. Hawks are better on D and deeper up front than the Ave's. Bryz wasn't great at the start but he was really challenging shooters when he came in last night rather than laying back. Hopefully a Wild goalie (whoever it is) can get hot.

My one question to FMer's. Did the Wild completely shutdown Harding? I heard he was back at practice in early April and that was it. I'm not saying to push him if he wasn't ready but the way he started the year I'd be willing to take a chance on putting him back in.

Think about it this way, the Hawks are essentially the same teamm aw last year. We took them to 5, but it should have been 6. This year we are a much better team than last. I think we have a shot at this! laugh

Russo's Rants on April 16th said that Harding is fine just not ready to play. If he is fine how about a return at the X for game 3?

If Kuemper can't play and Bryz shaky I say give him a shot!! But I do think Bryz will be better than he was in games 1 and 2.

12 hours to go, hopefully the Wild healed up a little, battle starts soon..

Think about it this way, the Hawks are essentially the same teamm aw last year. We took them to 5, but it should have been 6. This year we are a much better team than last. I think we have a shot at this! laugh

We are much improved but I don't think we saw the best of the Hawks last year and they still beat us in 5. With our goalie situation I don't like our odds on this one. Going to have to steal one in Chicago because I don't think home wins will come as "easy" as they did against the Avs. Should be a fun series, not expecting much unless a bunch of guys step up and play out of their minds.

Besides our goalie issues I think we are much improved this year with respect to line depth and the ability to shuffle lines. Last year Chicago was able to juggle their lines with Kane and Toews and we could not answer that. This year, all our players have played with each other through out the season, so we can make the necessary adjustments to counter their attach. Should be a fun one. I just hope Bryz can stand on his head and keep that blocker high.

I think this will be a tough series for the Wild. Chicago is deeper up front than the Avs (Avs got NOTHING from their 3rd/4th lines) and vastly better on the back end. Chicago's 3rd D pair is better than Colorado's first pair, even if Barrie isn't hurt.

The Colorado D was just awful. That's why in games 6 and 7 you saw them sitting back in a 1-3-1 trap in the neutral zone (Jacques Lemaire would have been proud) to try to slow down the Wild's zone entries, because if the Wild got in behind their D they couldn't get it back out. That won't be the case with Chicago...

The Wild are definitely a different team this year, and we can roll 4 lines against them. Last year we were basically a one line team, and we saw how that turned out. Still, the Wild will need to be lights out defensively in front of whomever is in goal... And I don't have a ton of faith in Bryzgalov.

I agree that goaltending with be our #1 problem.

We need to slow them down coming in the zone and clear all rebounds away from our net.

Agreed RK. We are far better than we were last year, but still on paper do not match up well against Chicago from top to bottom. They are a very skilled team.

The Wild are closer, but a couple key pieces away yet. I think we have a shot, but it will require a lights out goal tending performance and more key play by our second tier guys like Nino, Haula, Moulson etc to pull this out. I think we can push to 6 games, but that will be tough.

Anything is possible and this team is really tight with each other so LET'S GO WILD!!!

We will need to protect Ilya against a team that is almost impossible to slow down. Not sure why Bryz is an above average goal tender during the regular season (3 seasons above .920) and such a head case in recent playoff history (averaging maybe .870 in last 3).

If he catches fire (or Keumps returns) we could bring it to 7 and all bets are off. If not, I doubt we see game 6. On the flip side, maybe we can make life uncomfortable for Crawford by camping out and scoring some dirty goals.

I think Chicago might be the deepest team in the NHL. Big names get all the pub but it always seems to me like Sadd, Shaw and Bickell kill us. I also think Hjalmarrson is a highly UNDER rated D-man.

I do think this looks like a bigger mismatch on paper. I also don't think Crawford has been as lights out this year like he was in the playoffs last year.

Hopefully the Wild can steal the series but they need a goalie to step up to do it. 2 softies could cost us 2 games and the series.

Russo just tweeted Harding in the ice for the Wild, can't imagine is in any way ready to start but if Bryz implodes it is sure nice to have him back in pads.

We are over the barrel in goal for the foreseeable future. We cannot dump Backstrom in the offseason because he is hurt. We dont know whats going to happen with Harding. Bryz is a guy Im not sure we can count on near term and Kuemper has been injury prone too.

Its a huge position of need and one I hope we can figure out something in the offseason.

I get a chuckle about the refs with Colorado, look out, going into the Mad House to face the World Champs, you might not be getting that many favorable calls.

We don't need favorable, just correct calls. The Wild will give the Hawks plenty of opportunity without the assistance of the officials and their questionable talents.

I don't even care if there are a pile of bad calls as long as they don't directly lead to goals. That had to happen 3-4 times vs the Avs. Refs called a lot of weak stuff last series too, just hoping to see some consistent reffing but that might be too much to ask.

Any idea what channel that is for direct tv? I have tins of channels and pretty sure I don't get it. If this game isnt on a normal channel this will be the final nail in the coffin for me ever watching NHL.

It started on 215 nhl network now its back on 220 nbc sports..for direct tv

I have like 800 channels but not that one. Good bye NHL. You suck.