• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

grin

Division standing or postion is now where it is at.

Just an FYI for fun as so some don't get confused later on down the line on who gets in or who might not in points race.

It is a different syatem an game this season.

Remember the 2013-14 NHL regular season features a NEW division realignment that split the Eastern Conference into two eight-team divisions and the Western Conference into two seven-team divisions. This brought about a rebranding of the groupings, which will amount to an Atlantic, Central, Pacific and Metropolitan division.

In turn, the league had to reconfigure its playoff formatting as well. Under this new system, the top three teams in each division will earn an automatic bid to the postseason. Each conference will be allotted two wild card playoff spots, which will be distributed to the two teams who had the highest point totals amongst non-playoff qualifying teams, regardless of division. The wild card teams will be matched against the teams with the highest points.

It is fun to see the Mild win early as these points an confidence they bring will no doubt help in the struggles thru the long season.

With 61 games to go it is hardly time to think playoffs but at same time good to support the team an enjoy some fairly good hackey.

At the same time no harm in thinking about a long playoff run. KABLAM..never say never.

View from our seats is a bit more fun this season. In fact half the people around us this season actually know a bit about hackey, which we could not say last 10 years plus. They can take some ribbing an dish some out as well.

Like when we dress in our Maple Leafs Blue & White Jerseys as we are LEAFS NATION.

Makes for some fun banter an friendly arguments, even mini - old people food fights.

As always for us it is most important seeing a good contest each night. Each team working hard to entertain us an WIN.

Win or lose we always have fun.

Plus eating a Jucy Lucy with onion straws an a DR. Pepper wash at the 5 - 8 Maplewood to build the gas is a must.

Any way....58 going on 12 so thanks for letting me butt in from time to time.

laugh

Go Leafs!

Keep on Rocken.

Tommy

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

Welcome to the hockey corner Tommy, Leafs and Wild looking good over the past 12 months, I think both teams have a lot to look forward to.

• 1 month later...

laugh

Life long Leaf Nation crew us Wehler's

But we are true to our home state team unless playing the Leafs!

GO WILD!

Be best for Yeo an fun for fans if the team could develop a style.

Minnesota Nasty plus a dash of Skill.

Something to be identify they in the league.

It has been long enough.

Wild need to establish an identity an WIN.

Not far off, but keeps slipping away.

Make other teams want to NOT play them.

Enjoy the team an support inperson but can not handle fox sports net bush C team announers not stop mumbling.

Yeo is safe for a bit as GM likes him an sees good in him.

Owner will want a playoff run though or both might be working at the Wal Mart.

Be nice to see local media and fans stand behind the guy coaching as it is not a easy thing to do.

Has to be tough reading or hearing that as soon as your team hits a slump everyone wants yer head on a platter.

Mostly people don't know much about the game so I doubt he pays to much attention to it.

We wish him nothing but the best.

Not a bad team, not bad at all.

When his time is thru I hope the owner remembers:

Recycled older coaches are around for a reason.

They produce, know going in they will be fired in a couple season, so do best they can while behind bench.

Stop producing......move on.

It is a system that works in NHL.

Next coach should be a big time winner to mold an motivate the team he demands GM gets him.

For now...GO YEO!

Hit, shoot, score...WIN!

Coach Yeo has good ideas but the long term follow thru aint happening.

So far taking to long to get thru the baby steps an molding or buying in period.

The time to pounce is NOW.

Younger kids / players should be NHL ready by now. If they are students of the game an have the raw skills they should be adjusted.

By working hard all the time an stepping up to show you earn your pay an respect, good things should be happening.

Kind of slow seeing this with any consistency.

Hit, shoot, score, repeat.

smile

Fore check, back check....defend yer zone.

All simple things but hard to adjust to I guess when in huge slump.

Coach is one gets the ax not the players.

As I mentioned before the up front winning of points early comes into play bout now so good they did so so up to now.

Fan forget down low it is a really fast game an unless you have three good lines an two very good sets of D men it is hard to win day in day out in NEW NHL.

Enjoy seeing the team SHOOT an most times SKATE. They can be better for sure but heading in right direction.

Beats watching the early years, but then again just having hockey back was good enuff as we could cheer for team but also see other teams come to town with big time names a skills an that kept Bonnie an I in the mix a long time with season tickets.

Should be fun to see what happens after the Russian Olympic deal is done.

The smeel of the cup starts to draw out the best in the best then.

Still a long way to go. But then again not so much....The time is NOW.

So , Go Yeo, You can do it Yeo. Lets see what ya got.

Happy New Year & Keep on Rocken!

Tommy

GO LEAFS!

0483.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

One reason I like Coach Yeo. He knows what he has an what he needs from players.

Stick with it Coach Yeo.

smile

Cool I have my own lil forum going!

Keep on rocken1

Tommy

crazy

Yeo on Niederreiter: “He’s got guts, that what I like. In the first period he has a real big hit on Doughty in the corner. You see the way he’s competing in front of the net, standing eye to eye in front of the net. You don’t want him to be a fighter, but you’ve got to have a lot of guts to play the game like that.”

Yeo on the shootout (laughing): “I try not to watch the shootout.”

A lot of people panicked when the wild had their last losing skid but LA quietly had the same performance over the same number of games.

A long ways to go yet and a lit will happen but the wild need to pick off a few more before the Olympic break.

Hi ya Capt. Musky

Way nice for you to pop in. Welcome, welcome.

Panic is the normal reaction of those not in the know.

smile

Popular or trendy way to act these days is follow the media an fire the coach.

Not always a good answer or result.

Good to talk about it though.

I still feel Wild can make a run at playoffs an who knows what can go down when they get in.

Always fun to be a hockey fan an follow the crew, good or bad.

This team has big time talent an coach Yeo can bring it all together so LETS DO IT!

As I said sometime ago Yeo is a good guy, needs time to learn a bit himself, an has shown he can make this crew go.

If not make a run in playoffs then owner make Fletcher maybe get a BIG name in here an see how they fly next season.

This crew of Skaters got game.

cool

Might see one good trade after break?

I'm a Rupp fan long time so would enjoy seeing him play more.

Ideal addition to me would be a tuff power forward that is big an bad an already knows how to rock the boards, Nifty number of shots in his mind, stick handles an can catch a pass an loves contact, sees the ice around him an again loves to HIT. Plus looks the part with no teeth or visor.

Hit, Shoot, Score...REPEAT.

Not known for that but could happen.

Good to see any points on road. Kings powerful team but looked out of it following up to me. But Big "K" was hot. Fun to see. Kings Coach might need to kick some brezzers. He is known for that x 100.

Big K is getting his game time in an will no doubt be a really good net keeper SOON.

Be good to win tonight or take 1.

Any point is a good point.

Five Year Caner Free PSA tests today at 1 PM.

Wish me luck!

grin

Keep on rocken.

Tommy

WildBoat.jpg

Thanks Capt. Musky.

Every good word means a big bunch...really...thanks.

CANCER SUCKS!

===================================================

News of PSA tests just sent my way by Doc G nurse.

She likes me, well so does he, but they really do treat everyone great in every way an are ever so fast with test results.

Thanks for good words an thoughts on this my friends.

Few fun phone calls an text messages last night make me laugh hard when thinking of this dump. Enjoyed them all.

Good to go as this reading 0.10% means ZERO Cancer detected!

Coolimolio!

Next Friday go for FIVE YEAR check up in person with Doc G.

So.. well feeling real good right now after this call an the numbers.

Amazing.

Keep on rocken!

Tommy

=============================================

Tom, looking good.

Great job!

Gaertner, Robert

Assigned On: 1/10/2014 7:13 AM

Delivered On:

Message Text: Your PSA blood test is undetectable at less than 0.10

Message Audio:

Fun game last night.

The kids got game.

Keep up the pace an pile up points as best you can and good things will happen.

Enjoyed that game even with Greenlay an Lapanta mumbling thru it all.

crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Wild have fun games ahead. Not an easy run for them.

Have to find a way to gain points on road. No one will be giving away anything hear on in so will find this harder an harder to do.

Fun to watch the kids GO. Never know who will step up each night.

Announcers still worst in league.

Fun now to follow the Jets. Big an fast an new coach so slowly has them finding a game. If you have not been to a game up there yet you it is a MUST DO!

Coach Trots has the Predators playing tuff as usual an also fun team to watch.

Not a Dallas fan at all but they should be in the fight for Wild Card.

Coyotes in the mix, full of talent but shoot themselves in the skates when others lose an they can make up points an move up they go on a four game dumper.

Canucks will turn things around an most likely take 5th?

Big quagmire for wild card spots till the end makes it fun to watch it all.

Be very interesting this season to see who will shine and falter after the Olympic break.

Be fun if we found Winter Carnival Medallion.

Celebration of the lakes here in Chisago City and Lindstrom this weekend, lots to do lots to do.

Pike are still deep but medium size sunfish are active all over an crappie are skinny but easy pickens for fun.

: )

Keep on rocken!

GO LEAFS!

Tommy

Jets still on a roll. Fun to watch.

Moving up into the lower pack fast. Playing some good hockey.

Coyotes still game but still missing out on points when they are there for the taking.

Wild kids holding their own an fun to watch but Greenlay still sucks.

Fun weekend of games.

Saw some really BIG hits over the weekend.

grinsmilecrazy

• 3 weeks later...

Still fun to watch the Jets!

smile

Coyotes playing hard but shooting self in skate STILL!

Wild can have some fun in playoffs if they continue to improve an play hard an make it in.

TV wise......

Maybe Sweet Lou can do the color?

Greenlay has to go.

Enuff already x five years.

There are no walls in hockey.

Ever.

Then an now they are BOARDS!

When ref calls a penalty for smashing a guy into the BOARDS he calls it what it is an it is forever in the books as BOARDING!

Not Walling..ever.

TV guys make that up an its a shame.

laughcrazycrazy

OK, back to the ice!

Mmmmm backed sunfish an salad.

• 3 weeks later...

Jets still making it a fun stick n puck jam in the west to GET IN.

Coach "M" has them really playing some interesting an fun to watch hockey.

laugh

Wild net man Big K is showing what I felt he could.

Fun to watch the coach let him ride the wave a bit an him JUST DO IT.

If the Wild get in they will have to muster up about 4 a game to have any hope as things get amp'd up big time when the 1st whistle blow for the come one come all NHL playoffs.

grin

YES sir, Greenlay said "That's at the very least Walling or what ever"

crazy

He is one of the worst in the biz, someone call his mom an have her tell him to SHUT UP!

crazy

As my pal Joan Jet sings .... TMI Baby! TMI!

GO LEAFS!

Keep on rocken!

Tommy

• 3 weeks later...

Day after ST. Pats annual time for us Wehler's here on Musky Acres to start count down to playoff mix.

If 2014 playoffs started TONIGHT!

West

Ducks vs Wild

Sharks vs Kings

Blues vs Yotes

Av's vs Hawks

East

Bruins vs Rangers

Bolts vs HABs

Pen's vs Leafs

Fly'rs vs Jacks

Some really good teams will be dumped from the mix in 1st round.

Could be odd / ugly match up in tilt for the cup.

But be sure what ever teams get there they will have earned it.

GO LEAFS!

Keep on rocken!

Tommy

Go Leafs!

Tom are you for or against the proposed 55" minimum requirement to keep a Muskie in MinneSoda. grin

Pierbridge

This is my lil note I sent the Senators.

I like all fishen an like a good hockey game musky bring out the best in me.

smile

=======================================

Hello

Here is to hoping you support the bill to increase the size limit on Muskies statewide to "55 inches" per Senate File 2606.

This fish is a sporting fish an not really worth eating.

Takes a long time to replace a killed trophy so killing them is kind of silly.

Plus a artificial mount looks far better an last far longer than a SKIN mount.

Muskie fish bring many a summer angler / out state fisher to Minnesota looking for that ONE BIG ONE.

See it as a pretty good win - win situation for the state, the fish, the fishers an Mother Nature should you chose to support the bill.

Make yourself look pretty good in the public eye also.

Hey maybe come fishen with me sometime up beautiful Lake Vermilion an see first hand what the fish is really all about.

Thanks for you time.

Keep on rocken!

Sincerely,

Tom Wehler

Mallard Island

Lake Vermilion

Tower MN.

Well yesterday was kind of a good news bad news day for you. Your 55 inch musky bill sailed through the Senate.

BUT There seems to be a little bit of turmoil in Leafs-ville...

Let us know what you think of your goalies ranting Tweet last nite.

Just to keep you guys up to speed on what's happening in Toronto.The coach will no longer answer any questions to the media regarding goaltending. After last night's loss the Leafs are now in a dogfight for the last playoff position in the East.

That's all.:-)

Best team they have iced in a while an the media in Canada is ten times the pressure on a coach than here in USA land of the band wagon barge or trins.

smile

Player mentions one thing an media blows it up x 100.

Coach an players have to deal with it for days.

Good team, but shooting itself in the skates.

I say they produce an make it in ...fun stuff.

NHL ticket deal I have had since it came out is just totally fun.

Plus keeping an eye on games on computer you can flip around an see ends of periods, close games, OT & shoot out.

My wife treats me well as its been a gift from her since it came to be.

Like our Wild tickets to see the Bruins April 9th & Blues on the 10th.

laugh

We are life time Leafs Nation but still pull for Minnesota Teams.

Rag on me if you will for being a Leafs fan & a Wild fan....kind of fun as Its all fun to me the one an only musky T.

smile

Plus when NORTH STARS split there was nothing so back to what we started with LEAFS!

Moose games were fun but it was NOT quality hockey.

But fun an something to do when fishen was slow.

crazy

Leafs have to find the mix that they had an a few people need to step up an earn what they are being paid or SIT.

Just like the Wild. Wild aint in yet but looken good. Next road trip is a biggie.

blush

Fun junk we do waiting for the ice to melt.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=101...e=2&theater

Keep on a rocken!

T

Yotes fall apart again in a big game as usual an Mild thinks they won the cup.

Sad, they should have skated off the ice like it was biz as usual an did high fives off ice in private.

My money has them going 2-5 in last 7 to the end for 91 points an they head home an out of town to the links.

Some say they already have tee's n clubs packed.

crazy

Now my heart wants them to get in a make a run but good teams change game on a dime, hit, hit HIT, they can not ~ yet, so no way can hang with big boys in league.

If not for Big K fun run of wins team would not even be close to wild card..right?

Bryz is a shinning star so if they do get in a do go any place, well it will for sure be because of him an a lot of luck.

My Leafs fell apart, who knows why an not anyone saw that coming not even Grapes. Hard to figure that one out.

That is one big dive, like from the rocks of Acapulco.

Sucks.

GO.....ah forget it!

blush

T

T its not your fault. The Curse of Canada lives on and there will be NO lord stanley CUP In all of Canada once again this year im afraid.

Life is still grand tho!!!

Just watch the Leafs so long an saw the glimmer, but SPLAT...Gone oh so fast.

Life is indeed Grand. laugh

I have to agree x 100000000000. laugh

Thanks, you made me smile.

Keep on rocken!

T

...If not for Big K fun run of wins team would not even be close to wild card..right?...

Bryz is a shinning star so if they do get in a do go any place, well it will for sure be because of him an a lot of luck.

I'd have to say the Wild are in this race because of Harding. At 18-7-3 he single handedly won us quite a few close games. Miss ya fella! Kuemper is edging ever closer to a .500 record. Bryz might not always be pretty, but he still has yet to record a regulation loss.

On my homebrewing website, a lot of the first half of the season discussion revolves around Canadian teams like Toronto and Edmonton. Funny how that quiets down about this time of year smile Montreal is looking pretty good lately though.

grin

No doubt Sir Harding kicked it when he was HOT.

Was fun to watch as he was really in a zone.

Agree 100% at that time he was the tip top netter around an made the team GO.

I was kind of finger yapping bout say last 25 games.

Big K is fun to watch but scouts have his number.

Shoot high an fast..BINGO.

They will work him an on it an he will be fine.

Needs to grow an will so he is a big part of the future I fell.

Good, big, smart...I'm a fan.

Maple Leafs still could but ahhh will be tough.

Sad.

HABS well they look good but streaky...fast an can hit so who knows.

I just like good hockey.

Keep on rocken!

T

Bruins next in line an them boys play for keeps.

smile

Leafs good team just need to light the back burn'ers a ROCK!

The Bruins are locked in as the #1 seed. Hopefully they will play with a little less desire than they're capable of and even rest a few top players.

Maybe the Wild can benefit from the Bruins success.

grin

Av's win top spot in Central so meet Wild.

Should be fun.

Roy made these players believe in what they could do an they did it. Fun to see.

Ahhh~~~~~Av's in 5~~~!

Keep on rocken!

T

I have to imagine both the Wild and Avs are happy to be playing eachother, should be a fun series. I can really see it going either way right now. Wild have been playing well but those darn Avs just keep on winning.

This should be a fun series... Wild match up better with the Avs than St Louis I think, despite the Blues' recent slide. Lot of good young players on the Avs team, but that can help or hurt in the playoffs. I think we saw last year with the Wild what a rude awakening playoff hockey can be to players who have never been through it before. Wild have at least some playoff experience throughout their lineup, although our blueline is a little green in that regard (Prosser, Stoner, for example).

This is I think where guys like Brodziak, Cooke, Moulson and Pomminville can really pay off. Lots of experience, and a good veteran presence.