• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

Perfect, I have tickets for tonight's game and HEATLEY is playing. I do like Fontaine in. More Speed. Heatley should just play the sandbagger role and set up camp in front of Varlamov and not even play the other end of the ice.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

PA speculated Cooke-Haula-Fonzie for third line duty. Russo is speculating Nino instead of Fonzie. Either combo would be an improvement. Happy to see how the team might look minus Brodz, and happy to see Fontaine make the lineup. Heater on the 4th line is worthless, but that's where he'll be if he plays. And then finally going with Darcy tonight.

I suppose its enough changes to maybe affect the outcome. Goalies will have to stand on their head if we are to get back in this series. MacKinnon is flying around wreaking havoc.

Still pumped to watch tonight's game. And I actually get to stay at home tonight, bonus!

Thank God we're the home team and have the final change.. And like Fly said, if they ice the puck, look out.. especially on the draw with McCormick against Stastny.

I'd still prefer Brodz over Heater at this point but we'll see how it goes. Keumper needs to stay aggressive and not sit back in the net like Bryz was doing.

I agree on Brodin. He looked very tentative after getting pounded in game 1. I think Granlund has handled it much better. I'd like to see the Wild take a page from the Avs and get some good hits on McKinnon. He's not small but is listed at 182 lbs so the Wild should see how he likes to get hit. I'll be real interested to see who plays against Colorado's top line.

IMO, the Wild got out goal-tended in Game 2 and blew Game 1. I'll also be interested in the officiating at the X. Game 1 Johnson pounds on the back of Parise's head and drives him into the ice, no call. Game 2 Brodz jabs one of the Ave's in the face and he sits.

The no call shouldn't have cost the Wild Game 1 but I hate it when you hear "the official's are letting them play". If one team does it more than the other then you are giving one team the advantage.

On officiating, did anyone see the disallowed Lightning goal last night? What a horrible call!!! Lightning player is pushed into the goalie. 2 other TB players touch the puck and score, penalty for goalie interference is called after the goal. TB lost 3-2.

The no call shouldn't have cost the Wild Game 1 but I hate it when you hear "the official's are letting them play". If one team does it more than the other then you are giving one team the advantage.

Fully agree, all this leads to is two teams trying to out-goon each other since they both believe that the refs aren't going to call anything.

Officiating seems to get worse every year.

Wild DOMINATE the first but it's still 0-0. Moulson has to score on that one in tight. He isn't helping himself to get a "bigger" paycheck from anyone right now.

How in the world did the Wild not end up with a PP at the end of the first is beyond me.

Big period but no goals? We need to score first.

Btw, if anyone here is on twitter and not following @russosfilter I would highly recommend it. Hilarios laugh

Why do we have to make it look so hard? Need to destroy them in the 3rd and actually score a goal.

We need a little puck luck.

you can say that again.... two pipes now. SOMEONE bury it!

Watch colorado get some cheese ball goal that deflects off 4 guys to win the game. you can see it coming

Watch colorado get some cheese ball goal that deflects off 4 guys to win the game. you can see it coming

this!

Grandlund played great. We need that kind of game out of him the rest of the series. I thought Brodin played his best game of the series and also, I have to say Matt Cook played awesome. Koivu finally earning his fat pay check too, he played a dam good game.

Looked like Haula's line put the clamps down on MacKinnons line too.

All in all a great team effort.

Barlyamov just played his best game this series. He's good, but if the wild pepper him like that again some of those juicy rebounds are going in the net. Wild get game 4, its on!

Its scary/sad that we play a "lights out" game and it goes to OT? Lots of chances. Shouldn't have taken that long.

Well I wanted the Wild to be more physical and they were. That game was one of the most lop-sided 1-0 games I've ever seen!!

Cooke was awesome. I hope he doesn't have to sit a game or 2 for the knee to knee hit. I thought it was more incidental but his history may dictate him sitting. I also thought El Nino was kind of beast like along the boards and with his hitting.

All around perfect effort for the WILD. Too bad it had to go to OT.

I was worried the Av would score a sloppy goal in OT to win it.

Game 4 should be a great game.

I've been hearing that Cooke isn't considered a repeat offender? Still think they will crack down on him because he's Matt Cooke. I also thought it looked incidental.

Lets pray Cookes suspension is only a game or 2. Terrible play on his part.

That being said I sat 11 rows back of Varlamov for two periods And that guy is awesome to say the least.

Wild played pretty good too. grin

Great game!

2yubqd3.jpg

I would bet Cooke sits at least 2 games based on his history. He needs to not have that knee out but the other player did jump out of the way. If Seabrook only got 3 games for the hit on Backes then this should be less.

What has been with the reffing?? They never call the instigator if it's Colorado. What was with the one icing call? Molson clearly had both D-men beat to the puck and the Wild.

To me it looked like Cooke was going for a big hit and the other guy tried to avoid it. Then Cooke did what will probably get him 5 games (in person hearing). He stuck his knee out. It was an ugly play for sure.

There were lots of questionable calls last night. How did we wind up with two roughing minors in that scrum which was clearly started by the Avs. No way we should have gotten that. At least it got made up by McKinnon's phantom deflection of the puck into the stands with under 2min to go.

Flat out out-coached them! wink Actually could not have asked more from the players other than put the biscuit in the basket more often, so dominating, MacKinnon was silent, Keumper got the shutout, Heater actually back-checked once, can't ask for much more. Go Wild!

I can't see them giving Cooke more than Seabrook so maybe 1-2 games, he earned it. Things happen fast but you have to let up sometimes and with his history no one will be giving him the benefit of the doubt. That 3rd line was great last night, 4th line looked pretty good too, doesn't hurt that Colorados 4th line is terrible. That could be a nice little mismatch for us. Kumper looked nice and calm out there, heck all the kids have been looking good.

Shoulda woulda coulda but with 2 of the Avs centers and now there best Offensive defenseman OUT. We should win this series.

Yikes, just saw Cooke has an in person hearing. Seabrook only got a phone hearing. Not looking good.

Shoulda woulda coulda but with 2 of the Avs centers and now there best Offensive defenseman OUT. We should win this series.

Need to solve Varlamov to have a chance, if he keeps that up we are toast.

Agree Bear, Varlamov was outstanding last night. Wild played about as hard as they could for 65 minutes. Not sure the Wild can keep that energy up for the remaining games, but they do have 2 days off so that helps.

Maybe we see Matt Cooke again if we get past this series. It would be his seventh career suspension.

Yikes, just saw Cooke has an in person hearing. Seabrook only got a phone hearing. Not looking good.

According to peacock sports he can decline the in-person hearing and do it by phone.