• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL PLayoffs 13' - 14'

TomWehler

I am not too surprised by the outcome of the games. The Hawks capitalize on every chance you give them. The Wild cannot get any decent shots because the Hawks sure take up space in front.

The Hawks also adjusted their game plan significantly from when they faced each other in the regular season. During the season there were lots of stretch passes by wild d men to forwards streaking down ice. THis hasnt happened so far in the series, but has happened multiple times for the Hawks.

I think Bryz has certainly played well enough to win games, but we need Moulson and Pommer to get the puck in. Koivu had several bad plays yesterday and one resulted in a goal by Toews. Disappointing.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• CaptainMusky

• PierBridge

• archerystud

Wild win the next 4 in a row. Oh wait Bryz is in goal no chance season over.

Im making a call...triple over time for game 3....showtime gets the game winner.

Hawks kind of exposing us on both ends of the ice, I don't think we have enough D depth or goal scoring ability to hang with the leagues best for 7 games. If you look at the Hawks they have 4 guys at Parise's level or higher, that is 4 guys close to or above 30 goals and a couple other 20 goal guys. Goaltending, safe to say we don't have a goalie right now that can steal a game and that is what you need in the playoffs.

Still got a chance but the next two games are critical, I think we come out flying and take game 3 but game 4 will be scary. We really need to find a way to get these games to OT because I don't know if finishing the Hawks in regulation is an option.

We have spurts but overall seem to be running on an empty tank....pretty much shot the wad on the AVs it seems. When guys like Parise and Koivu are deep into the minus stat the writing is on the wall. Where has Pom been? and Moulson might be playing worse than Heatley was earlier in the year. I really thought we'd put up a better fight but does not look promising at all....wish we had an extra day in there to rest those tired legs. I did get the Fork out of the drawer!

Dangit, put that fork away BB!

Seems like Chicago is always in the right position. Passing lanes are open for them. When we try to pass down low there is always someone in between getting a stick on it. They are very deep and play well as well together as anyone in the game.

I would agree that our chances are slim, but we do have 2 home games to win. Time to see if the crowd energy can give us a little extra. We need some puck luck in game 3 also.

The thing for me is the depth of the Blackhawks talent. While watching the Aves, I would get nervous when Mackinnon would get the puck...now, vs the Hawks, I only get nervous when Kane, Toews, Sharpe, Handzus, Hossa, Saad, keith or seabrook get the puck.

We are just outmatched in every aspect it seems.

That being said...the first two games were not as bad as the scores made it seem. We had chances, and with a lucky bounce or two it could be tied up right now.

Let's GO WILD!!!!

Last I checked it's a team game. Don't get me wrong Chicago is VERY good and I'd honestly be playing either of the other 2 teams in the West.

Good news is IMO Nino, Haula and Stoner have stepped up and played very well. Pommer/Parise/Granlund line has generated a lot of chances. Bryz has been adequate.

Bad news is top line isn't scoring. Koivu line doesn't seem to be generating much 5 on 5. Games 3 and 4 are must wins.

Obviously part of it is Chicago but let's face it 1.5 goals/game isn't going to cut it against this team unless our goalie is lights out.

Obviously part of it is Chicago but let's face it 1.5 goals/game isn't going to cut it against this team unless our goalie is lights out.

Yep agree with this.

Sound like Kuemper is practicing today, maybe he starts tonight? I don't know what it is but I think the team plays nervous with Bryz in net, I know he makes me nervous so there might be something their. Either way these next two are must wins for this baby is over.

Keumper not playing and Ballard in for Prosser, don't like that move. Seem to be grasping at straws all the sudden. Just need the big money Vets to step up and outplay their opponents if they have it in them...gut check time!

Definitely don't like that one.

Maybe he's going for Ballard's toughness, but the guy is just a defensive liability.

Roll of the dice with Ballard, sometimes great but its those other times that make your squirm. Sound like Nino up with Koivu and Coyle and Moulson with Haula and Fontaine, I like it.

Like the forward line changes but dislike the Ballard move. Hopefully with Ballard it's more for the PP and he's adequate on defense.

yous guys with Direct TV. What channel is the game on tonight!??!!?!?

refs just swallowing their whistle for the hawks. How does Haula not get a penalty shot? much less a pp...

Hawks will find a way to score a goal in the 3rd and win. Wild can't get anything going what so ever. Look like they are playing scared

Hope Suter not hurt bad. You can be sure the Hawks will target him if he's on the ice in the third. Stupid slash by Heatley on Crawford.

Not a lot of offense either way. Would have liked a trip on Hjalmarsson when he slid into Coyle right by the side of the net.

Not a lot of fire in the Wild yet. Gotta Go NOW!!!

Haula was due and he made the play! I'm liking Nino up with Koivu and Coyle, that line combo has some real grit.

Hawks will find a way to score a goal in the 3rd and win. Wild can't get anything going what so ever. Look like they are playing scared

Forget i said anything.....

What a 3rd period so far! Wild turning it on! Keep the pressure on until the horn, don't let up

I'm normally not overly critical of Parise since he is close to the epitome of a hockey player IMO but he is having a terrible game.

Um yeah... just when you say he's having a terrible game, he puts the nail in the coffin

A win is a win but a fairly dull game through 2 periods. I liked the Wild took a page out of the Hawks book and blocked a bunch of shots. I'm liking Haula and Fontaine together.

Even bigger to me than Bryz was Ballard having a SOLID game. Got a chance to make it a series on Friday.

Time for some home CookeN and leave the Heater at home in game 4!!!

THrough 2 periods last night it was a yawner exactly right ArcheryStud. 3rd period is one the Wild have owned for much of the season and continued into the playoffs. That is great, but they need that intensity in the 1st and 2nd which they have proven to do, but just cannot seem to get the puck to go in consistently.

It was interesting, I call out Parise, he gets a big goal. I just get done screaming at the TV when Brodin coughs up the puck in the D zone, then he makes a brilliant play to likely save a goal. Its a bounce here or there that make all the difference. Last night most of them went their way.

Were those the same refs from the Avs series? I remember #4 but didnt know if they re-assigned those numbers or not.

Sounds like Cooke will come in for Moulson. He's pretty much been invisible during this playoff stretch.

What game by Haula and Nino. I hope these guys continue this type of play for a long, long time. Granny was good too in parts of the game that I saw. He could have had the hatty if he wouldn't have passed up a prime shooting opportunity when we were up either 1 or 2.

I was glad to see the pace pick up after that first goal. It was a snoozer the first couple periods.

Moulson has not done a thing, so I'm fine with swapping him out for Cooke to see what happens.

With as good as CHI is defensively, we are going to see snoozers as long as the score is 0-0. Neither team wants to give anything up and have to loosen defensively in order to try to come back.

What a fun 3rd!!! Overall we didn't look too good but a win is a win, going to have to play snooze fest hockey to beat the Hawks. Bryz and Ballard both looked good, hope they can keep it up. Loved the Nino Koivu Coyle line, Hawks D could not handle them. What a play by Haula and Fontaine, Haula is a 7th round steal. Even while killing it for the Gophers I never thought he could be this NHL ready, don't even recall his speed in college.

Was at the game last night. First two periods it was pretty quiet. Third period on the other hand was awesome. Sat up behind Crawford 1st/3rd period. Loudly chanted CRAAAAAAAAAAWFORD!! SIEVE SIEVE SIEVE. Lets win game 4 and steal 5 on the road! GO WILD