• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

goblueM

Waterfowl Photos

SledNeck

Redemption!

aduck.jpg

aduck2.jpg

Quackaddict9

so.....is that a Blackduck, Sled? smile

SledNeck

so.....is that a Blackduck, Sled? smile

Yes sir, and 2 pintails we shot today in addition to the one yesterday..WEIRD

bemidjibasser

full-24185-2104-2010critters2005.jpg

Shot on opening weekend. Banded in 2009 in Iowa

Gordie

Had a great morning got a limit in 45 min

One duck is in the weeds behind my boat and I havent got it yet but ended up Three mallards and three ringgees

full-15313-2118-img00011_20101013_07481.

mws4dux

Nice bag Elwood and Sled !! bb nice woody and band to boot

123fish

elwood isn't that bird to the right of the greenie as you look at the picture a gadwall hen? Nice bag of ducks. Congrats.

Quackaddict9

elwood isn't that bird to the right of the greenie as you look at the picture a gadwall hen? Nice bag of ducks. Congrats.

yup it looks like it...the size is almost so small compared to the greenbean.

Gordie

thought it was a gadwall but it had the feathers and the markings of a hen mallard If It wasnt garbage day I would go get it and look again but Im possitive its a small hen mallard but Ive been wrong before but I dont think so this time smile

BTW sledneck thats an awsome pic and I hope to do the same next week in NoDak

123fish

I think you were right elwood when you first thought it was a gadwall. That white band on the speculum really says gadwall but I have been wrong before.

Quackaddict9

Elwood- I have to stick with Gadwall because of the white band markings on the wing and the head is shaped like an Gadwall...they have similar colors to the Hen Mallard though. Well who cares, it looked like a great day out on the marsh. smile

honker23

My vote is mallard...they have white too. But as others said who cares, good huntin' everyone.

carpshooterdeluxe

Hen gadwall.

Lunker

A couple of Itasca County Woodies.

P9250011.jpg

RumRiverRat

Being in possession of a Grebe could land you in some hot water.

Posting a pic of a dead Grebe amongst a pile of dead ducks is probably not the best idea.

Even with your disclaimer.....

Quackaddict9

a Grebe? Wow...

This morning's hunt 2 woodies, 7 ringnecks and a hooded merganser. Didn't see much flying.

CopyofIMG_1225.jpg

blue_healer_guy

Quack, sister has a place near clearwater lake. coming up for mea next wed- sun. Have 2 sons 12-15 if you need/;want tagalongs, would love to join you. Admire at your young age your passion for waterfowl.

shortfatguy

I was going to post pics of the ducks Sled and I shot but I see he beat me to it. His pics are better quality than mine anyway. I really need to get an iphone 4 just for the hunting pictures.

Quackaddict9

Quack, sister has a place near clearwater lake. coming up for mea next wed- sun. Have 2 sons 12-15 if you need/;want tagalongs, would love to join you. Admire at your young age your passion for waterfowl.

It depends where I will be hunting... might be in the TRF area or local. I'll let you know if something can work out.

Here is a solo hunt from this morning plus some bling, my hunting buddy didn't make it out.

IMG_1235.jpg

Gordie

Elwood- I have to stick with Gadwall because of the white band markings on the wing and the head is shaped like an Gadwall...they have similar colors to the Hen Mallard though. Well who cares, it looked like a great day out on the marsh. smile

OK greast I'll go with and its a duck probally a Gadwall cool

shamalex72

A bunch of first's for me. My first redhead, first goldeneye, first gadwall and the first time I ever shot a limit of ducks. It was a good morning.

P1090433.jpg

mws4dux

Quack nice smackdown on the ringers! Shamalex congrats on all of the firsts nice bag. I hunted with derek5 again lots of mallards and woodies around. Unfortunately our shooting went south today,some easy misses blush ended with 3 mallards,1gadwall and 1 shoveleroct16th.jpg

Bryce

DSCN1137.jpg

Final tune up for NoDak. Dog work is good, shooting is OK, hope a case of shells will be enough. Be nice to see some color vs all this MN grey that I've been finding.

Jordyn Kaufer

Ahhhh..

Well here are a few pics from the last week..

My dogs First Duck Retrieve!!!! (trained him myself)

buddd.jpg

budd2.jpg

Shootin clays the day before

dahuth.jpg

A VERY nice woody shot this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

menwoody.jpg

Finlander

Here are the ducks me (I'm Larry), Darrel and Darrel shot last weekend.

We bagged 12 quackers Saturday including 3 canvasbacks, we also shot gadwalls, widgeons, ringbills.

The mallards escaped our errant shots. They came in and left un-scaved! Dangit

We had the whole area to ourselves if you can believe that.

Sunday we get there a little late due to some barley pops tasting so good only to find 5 groups of duck hunters already there, so we have to go down to the very last spot we could find but we ended up with 5 ducks including a real nice mallard that ran into Billy’s shot.

We also had the perfect mallard shoot as 5 greenheads circle us once then hear me call when they were behind us and come in perfect 20 yards above the decoys only to drop one and miss all the rest! And the one I dropped swam away and I lose it! ERRRR! If was easy, it wouldn’t be any fun!

Oh well, it was a good weekend to say the least!

full-983-2307-pa150464.jpg