• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

goblueM

Waterfowl Photos

leechlake

thanks guys. We were in So Dak and actually were duck hunting and one of the guys had a friend come down for the morning from Aberdeen. We were about to head in and about ten geese were flying pretty far off. The guy from Aberdeen got on his goose call and I had never heard what was coming from his calls. He sounded like the best Goose band that ever played; Louie Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and Beattles all playing together. I looked at my other buddy with this look that was priceless. It was so cool. Next thing you know as these geese were flying they heard the sweet music and turned our way. It was so far away I couldn't believe it but figured it must be a coincidence. He kept calling and they kept coming. The guy frankly sounded better than the geese and I think he may just be part goose.

It was our last morning hunting and man o man did that end it in a way that was like the icing on the cake. If goose calling is an art this guy was Rembrandt.

monstermoose78

First kill ever!! Proud uncle 

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

leech~~

Here ya go up right. Very cool!

image.thumb.jpeg.f40545785a24736ec515b18754610c77.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Thanks leech

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Thanks leech

Got it with orange camo shoe laces and all!  :)

monstermoose78

I know right hunter safety 

ZachD

Well tango got his first duck! My first of the season as well

Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20161018_5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Neighbor_guy

You will always remember the first one. There will be many more, but you will always remember that one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

ZachD

We were actually pheasant hunting too its funny because we duck hunted the spot before pheasant opener and he flushed a rooster on the way out. So Pheasant opened and we go to search for the one he flushed decided to take my gun with a plug since I know waterfowl hang out there too. Well with no luck on finding the pheasant we are walking back a trail that has cattail swamp with a canal on each side of the trail and all of a sudden Tango jumps off the trail into the canal and up the bird goes. I swing my gun and thought at first it was a hen pheasant because I seen grey hut as my eyes focus I see duck I fire one shot and it drops right in the canal, I tell tango to get the bird and he runs and grabs it and brings the bird to my hand. Couldn't be happier with my boy!

• Thumbs Up 2

monstermoose78

Awesome!!

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

The ducks so far this season.

D4DED04D-42BD-4759-978E-3B595894D5B3.jpeg

2F7C8610-060F-4C5F-873A-DFD4CA7B5199.jpeg

B6FD4222-0B4A-44C2-92A5-F04AAFBCE60E.jpeg

8FF4C348-F6C1-4528-BC4F-00BA1E248F3D.jpeg

papadarv

There back! Enjoying a meal off my deck.

20180916_075813.thumb.jpg.4a7fba5c12b08d208c3950681ef0283c.jpg

• l Love It 1

monstermoose78

8EF73EE3-F82F-4451-8124-D374210FAB4F.jpeg

C4914443-8CC4-4117-91C8-1F0E36F89023.jpeg

9360229C-16C7-41B3-8599-E390962DED55.jpeg

DA1780D0-9E1E-4688-9338-C5CEB8BEFB93.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Barbelboy

took the kids out for their first duck hunting experience. just a little farm pond and some woodies. They loved it.

duck.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

MJ1657

Had to work for them but we got a few on Lake of the Woods this morning. 

20191004_115757.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

monstermoose78

Just love drake woodies

AA874BB6-F48C-4D62-A16F-F76C9FC2AA8C.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Mike89
      nope just a bandana, and either my USMC hat or Harley...  the ZZ top is cool for sure!!!
    • Mike89
      car hops at the A&W and other drive inns....  going to the junk yard for used parts....  and being able to work on my own car.....  
    • Wanderer
      That was a long push from 1st to 2nd! My brothers first car was a 72 Plymouth Valiant with 3 on the tree.  I went for the 74 Valiant that automatic.  I bought it with $450 of my first real paycheck dollars earned de-tasseling corn for Top Farm Hybrids by Cokato.  The rest of that first check was for my first deer shoulder mount; a “nice” 8 pointer shot IN the Pine River.    Before my driving years we were all over on our pedal bikes from our HQ on the border of Brooklyn Park/Brooklyn Center.  It was the edge of potato field country.  The only real development between there and Champlain was the Tom Thumb on 81st and Humboldt. Midnight trips to Victory Memorial drive to pick crawlers to drown in the river from the Camden bridge to the Coon Rapids Dam.  In Shingle Creek from Camden to Palmer Lake.  When season opened we trapped the creek from Palmer Lake to 81st Avenue.  Lazaroff’s Farm was a good spot.  Nobody worried or got upset about our travels.  We didn’t steal things or vandalize anything and would stop and chat or help with anyone who needed it.   Once we got the cabin south of Pine River, on the river, there were tons of soaked tennis shoes and jeans wades and walks up and down the river between Hwy 371 and The Whitefish Chain.  Mostly Potlatch land that we were free to roam for grouse, snowshoes, ducks and deer.  Heaven in the eyes of a 12 year old boy.   All of that is only available to me in my memories now.  And I still smile when I think of it.   Thanks for the thread @IceHawk
    • Dash 1
      Oh yes. And Flyte was a big draw as well. Got a break from  police chief Weere's for doing donuts in parking lot. I grew up on mink farm in EV. Learned to drive a 3 on the tree at age 12. I also remember the 18% interest rates in early 80s. That's what finally finished off our mink farming. But we actually made money in a savings account then.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Yeah, but was it going to be a sweet ZZ Top bandana like Tommy's with an Eliminator hat to boot?
    • parkhopper99
      First thing that Im going to do once quarantine ends is definitely fishing in Lake Riley. I just miss going out with my family to do some outdoor activities. Its about time my kids learn how to fish and wear those national park hats that I bought for them last month.
    • huntnfish
      I remember the rides to the lakes in the old station wagon with the seats that faced each other and no seat belts.  I remember finally getting my watercraft permit when I was 11 which meant I could take the 14’ aluminum boat with the old 9.9 Johnson on it out by myself. And then finally getting to go out by myself and dragging the anchor all the way back to the cabin because I forgot to pull it up. I don’t know why I couldn’t figured out why I couldn’t get any speed.  I remember riding the board ski behind that same boat. No one believes me but all it was just a half sheet of 1/2” plywood with a 2x4 on the front and a rope for a handle. Then another rope tied to the boat. We had 2 of these. The fancier one had a 1/2” X1/2” board down the middle to make it more stable.  I also remember getting my firearm safety which meant I could go out to the woods alone with my .22. I’d tie the gun case to the side of my bike and ride down to the river and spend all day in the woods and the only rule was to be home by supper. 
    • huntnfish
      For fishing lately I’ve been watching mostly Muskie videos. I’ve also been known to watch Jason Mitchell.  For hunting I watch the hunting public and the hunting beast. Both are great and work hard for what they get. I also like the DIY sportsman and in the fall will watch chasing November. Chasing November is much more commercialized that the others. 
    • papadarv
      Grew up on a farm. Small building on left pic was a smoke house. Dad (or Pa as we knew him) raised hogs. Bro & I would sneak in the smoker and eat the small knife cut strips of un-done bacon, we both loved. During summer family would go to Stewart lake with cane poles to catch bull heads. Biggest catch was 186 and was considered as great Food. Smaller tractors were hand crank start, didn’t have batteries. At dinner (now Aka lunch) we listened to a WCCO Cedric Adam’s for grain prices. When Corn & Beans went up a nickel per bushel meant next 3 days of hard sweat labor shoveling grain out of granary (building in pic 2) into the double clutch shift truck to go to market. In 1950, dad decided to winter in Florida, sold all livestock, pack 10 kid in a station wagon and headed south on a 6 day trip. At gas stations going threw Ala. and Ga. boys used the bathroom with the “Colored" sign above the door. Being from MN we had no clue about southern segregation. My friend's dad hobby was fixing cathode ray tube TV's where I spent countless hours with him learning electronics. In ’59 I brought our first family TV home which I actually fixed. The countless hours paid off with working 40 years at Control Data. In late ’76 early ’77 as a hobby, built a self contained PC computer before the Apple II came out. Almost got me fired as I was a Test Engineering manager and not in development. A few things I haven’t done. Got sober in 1977. Haven’t tasted a wine cooler, no clue what Light Beer or craft beer tastes like and have no desire to find out. All this stuff was invented after I quit drinking. During the day my favorites were Oly beer, IW Harper bourbon and any cheap Gin.
    • DonkeyHodey
      Times are crazy, but I am thankful. 😊   I am blessed.  This was a beautiful evening last summer.  I am in Good hands.  I have a Hope and a Future.  Hoping to hit the shore of the Missi this evening for a “therapy” session with the kids and hopefully the suckers will be running.  I’ll keep ya’ll posted.  Stay safe, friends.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.