• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years draft?

Hester

Bridgewater looking pretty bland as usual, you guys think he's really a legit top 5 pick?

Doesn't matter what we think. Want to bet he gets picked in the top 5?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

Yup, no way is a GM dumb enough to pick him top 5. Who is? Some CBS, Yahoo, or your fav Rant Sports columnist who sells the sexiness of the QB position. OTs and DEs don't carry much appeal. Carr will be the 1st taken. I see 2 1st round QBs, Manziel and Carr. Jax and Houston. I see everybody else falling hard. I also see a record # of draft spot trades this year, multiple teams moving.

What and who are they going to be moving for if it's not a QB they're after??

Ohhh, that's right...the MLB'ers!!! Silly me....

I am pretty sure Bridgewater will be taken in the top 5, and Mr Football, and Carr taken in the top 10. Are these 3 QB's top 10 picks? Maybe not, but in this years draft, QB is a much needed position by many teams. So supply and demand will take over for common sense. I wouldnt doubt a couple more get taken in the 1st round. I could see 5 QB's taken in the first round pretty easy. Lots of QB needy teams this year, and not much for free agent QB's out there.

I could see the Vikings keeping their top pick, and picking QB, and I would be happy with any of the previously mentioned QB's ending up as a Viking with our top pick. I would also be happy with them trading down to the mid teens, if they can swindle a good deal for the pick. If not, you take the best QB available, of the 3 mentioned. Sure this QB class no one is screaming super star, but that rarely happens in any draft. Maybe 1 every 5 years, and the Vikings wont fall to the top pick to get the 1 super star QB that may come in the next 5 years.

• 4 weeks later...

So LMT, since you dodged the question the first time it was asked... since spielman will likely still be around and your constant criticism of his capabilities. What say you should the vikings select Manziel?

(I'm sure you will tuck and roll again)

Are you really that dense or is it just an act?

Why would I be talking about Manziel in these threads for the past two months?

You are that obtuse. So, since Spielman is clearly inept (according to you) and the vikings with their #8 pick in the draft select Manziel. Will this change your opinion of Spielman OR Manziel? Clearly you have made it obvious you question his ability to select talent especially at the QB spot.

Who's the fool now?

I'm waiting for some one liner and a pic. This thread is due.

So spielman will still be inept even though he picks "your"guy? Based on your criticism of spielman you don't trust him analyzing talent so this would be concerning. You can't have both LMT.

You are used to talking out of both sides of your mouth so that is no surprise.

Lmit, I hate to say it, but you are starting to show glimpses of being a Vikings fan again. At least you show interest in what the team is doing.

With that, I like the draft picks the past couple years. Other then the wasted money on FA, the coaching staff still having a job, and Ponder somehow still wearing purple, I think Spielman has done a good job lately.

I see that Paul Allen (Vikings lackey and world class sycophant) has climbed aboard the Manziel train.

This is playing out better than I could have ever dreamt it would...

whistle

I have lost all respect I did have for PA. He should stick yo calling games vs insight on players he has admittedly never watched.

I have lost all respect I did have for PA. He should stick yo calling games vs insight on players he has admittedly never watched.

His take on talent is pretty dreadful. Today he said what a great season JA had, and that Everson Griffen struggled this year. LOL. I bet if E Griffen played full time he would have had close to 15 sacks, and I think he is much better against the run.

He also thinks we should run out and get another CB at any cost. I have said it before. You fix close to the line of scrimmage first then worry about the rest. A DT or DE has a chance to influence a lot of plays, a CB doesnt. With zero pressure on the QB even the best DBs in the world can get picked apart.

Buck you are right. A poor defensive line exposes your secondary. We had very little pressure this year and it exposed our ailing secondary. I like Rhodes and smith but after those two the rest wouldn't play on a playoff teams roster.

Our secondary shouldn't have to guard a receiver as long as they do. We need presence up front. There were glimpses from guys but not consistent. Robison, Griffen Floyd with some more strength maybe are some stones to work with but not a serious building block or foundation.

I see that Paul Allen (Vikings lackey and world class sycophant) has climbed aboard the Manziel train.

This is playing out better than I could have ever dreamt it would...

whistle

Robert Smith had nothing but good things to say about Johnny Football as well during the Vikings radio broadcast.

Buck you are right. A poor defensive line exposes your secondary. We had very little pressure this year and it exposed our ailing secondary. I like Rhodes and smith but after those two the rest wouldn't play on a playoff teams roster.

Our secondary shouldn't have to guard a receiver as long as they do. We need presence up front. There were glimpses from guys but not consistent. Robison, Griffen Floyd with some more strength maybe are some stones to work with but not a serious building block or foundation.

Our front-line is/was just aging too much to get the pressure on the QB. A good D-coordinator should be able to see this and dial up the heat with a few blitzes every now and again. Instead, we sit back in our cover two and hope like heck an offensive lineman trips on his backpeddle.

Worst defense I've ever seen the Purple put on a field in my life...another reason to welcome a coaching change!!

With zero pressure on the QB even the best DBs in the world can get picked apart.

Don't you know coverage actually gets better as the play goes on? That's how you get coverage sacks. LOL

The best Linebacker in the draft! Then take a DE. As one said earlier, the D needs to blitz more if the front four can't pressure enough. Monte Kiffen would take care of that. He is getting a bad rap in Dallas with injuries and an aging DE there too.

I hope the new coaches scrap that terrible Tampa 2, I'm about sick of watching 2 high safety with the middle linebacker playing 15 yards back.

That's the reason we never blitz it's always the same lame zone, if you watch closely you can actually see QB's laughing when we line up doing the same thing over and over.

Don't you know coverage actually gets better as the play goes on? That's how you get coverage sacks. LOL

laugh

Saw Bortles tonight and wasn't overly impressed but can understand the hype on the guy. Big, athletic guy who put up 52 on Baylor. He had a heck of a year....

Don't understand why Conner Shaw from South Carolina isn't getting any love at all in this years draft. I've seen him play quite a bit over the last three or so years and he always gets the job done. Won 27 out of 32 games in the SEC and to me, at least, seems like a "baller".

Don't understand why Conner Shaw from South Carolina isn't getting any love at all in this years draft. I've seen him play quite a bit over the last three or so years and he always gets the job done. Won 27 out of 32 games in the SEC and to me, at least, seems like a "baller".

It's obviously because he is listed at 6"-1" so that means that he is really only 5'-9".

Taj Boyd sure passes the eye test...many people have him going into the 3rd round or later...?! Some have him higher but he's fallen throughout the year. Started 40 games in college and his team will finish #2 in the country this year.

Saw Bortles, Carr, and Fales many times this year and I'd take Boyd over all of them.

Tough, big, fast, and most importantly to me, a competitor. Kid played his A$$ off tonight. I'd be on board with Boyd with our 2nd or either 3rds!!

I think the Vikings would be somewhat foolish to take a QB with their first pick. Everyone likely to take a QB already picks in front of them, so it is very likely no QB's are taken between the Vikings 1st and 2nd picks. That leaves a lot more options for a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball.

I think the Vikings would be somewhat foolish to take a QB with their first pick. Everyone likely to take a QB already picks in front of them, so it is very likely no QB's are taken between the Vikings 1st and 2nd picks. That leaves a lot more options for a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball.

Maybe the ones in front of them dont like the QBs and think they can get a guy in the second round.

1. Houston- I would say its 50/50 if they take one. They r open 2 trade.

2. Rams- Very little chance they take one. I can see them trading

3. Jacksonville- Good chance they grab one

4. Browns- I would say better than 60% they take one

5. Raiders- They should take one

6. Falcons- NO way they take one

7. Buccaneers- I think they stick with Glennon.

We would probably have to take the 4th QB, that would be my guess anyways. The QBs are going to fly up the draft board. Judging by right now I would say that Bridgewater, Manzel, Carr and Bortles are going to be the first four taken in no particular order. The other names you may hear are Hundley and Boyd. Then McCarron, Mettenberger and Aaron Murray. Mettenberger and Murray both blew knees.

I think a lot will depend on the new coach. If they are pretty confident at 8 that they can get a good guy and develop him I say go ahead and pull the trigger. Otherwise I trade back (possibly with Clevland-has indy pick) and try to scab up a few more picks in 2, 3, or 4.

Either way QB should be the first pick they make. I think they are even thinkin about trading up. Possibly to number 2 if they really like someone.

I hope we dont pick up Michael Vick and then bring in Tajh Boyd to "learn" under him.