• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years draft?

Hester

If that was a jab at me I don't get it. When have I ever uttered a resemblance to that statement? I believe that I've said, all along, to trade down, amass as many 1-3rd round picks as possible and focus on MLB, CB, QB, OG. When have I ever stated "use the high pick on an MLB?" Please quote so I can understand your jab. If your referring to me stating that the Bama guy will be the best available that was not me suggesting to take a MLB with a top 5 choice. However if it comes down to either selecting one of these QBs with a top 5 pick or a MLB and trading down wasn't allowed then I would choose MLB. Why? Because I'm not getting excited about any QB coming out.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

Tell me again how giving up 30+ points even in a win makes your defense good?

Tell me again when I said the Packer defense was good?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

LB Michael Mauti might have had a chance at his first NFL start if not for tweaking his left knee last Sunday, but he still could see his most extensive defensive action this week with Erin Henderson out. Mauti, Leslie Frazier and Audie Cole discussed the situation.

Manziel had a pro type game today when it mattered most. If that pro qb throws 165 yards a TD and an INT. Definitely worthy of a #1 pick.

Good lord,

He had a bad game, it happens to everyone.

Using your logic, every NFL QB that has had a bad game should be in street clothes. That leaves Matt McGloin and Case Keenum as the only two quarterbacks with a start that should still be starting.

You do realize that A&M has no run game whatsoever so it makes it extremely difficult for him against a good defense. Also, A&M might have the worst defense in the FCS so he steps onto the field knowing that he has to hang 40 on the scoreboard to be competitive.

You see "one bad game" I saw games/plays this year where he just plain got lucky. Scrambling 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage and "chucking and hoping" isn't going to translate well to the NFL.

Mariota looked HORRIBLE yesterday. That is the ONE guy i for sure hope we don't end up with. He is the definition of a system QB.

You see "one bad game" I saw games/plays this year where he just plain got lucky. Scrambling 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage and "chucking and hoping" isn't going to translate well to the NFL.

What you saw was "one" game and a .gif that LMIT OUT posted.

Manziel had a pro type game today when it mattered most. If that pro qb throws 165 yards a TD and an INT. Definitely worthy of a #1 pick.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here but Manziel had 224 yds.

Oh so now you are my wife and know how many times I've watched him play?

I have watched bits and pieces of pretty much every game and a couple in entirety.

I could care less what LMT posts. They bring nothing to my observations.

Looks like the Packers will be looking to get one of those franchise middle linebackers just like the Vikings.

Seems funny how the packers were 5-2 with Rodgers and had wins against Minnesota and Detroit with the same defense but now basically have lost 5 straight games since Rodgers went down(yes, a tie to the Vikings is basically a loss).

Dr. Juice, want to tell me again how MLB is the position the vikings most need to fix?

Oh so now you are my wife and know how many times I've watched him play?

I have watched bits and pieces of pretty much every game and a couple in entirety.

I could care less what LMT posts. They bring nothing to my observations.

You've watched parts of every game that Johnny football ever played? Even the games that are not nationally televised? You must really be a big Johnny Football fan!

Big Dave- the vikings defense is HISTORICALLY bad.( As in worst defense the vikings have ever had) Don't know if you noticed that or not..... The offense is scoring enough points to win on any given sunday even with CHRISTIAN BLUNDER at the helm. Its not at all stupid to suggest selecting defense first, especially with no andrew luck in the draft. Spielman has no clue who to pick at QB anyway

Big Dave- the vikings defense is HISTORICALLY bad.( As in worst defense the vikings have ever had) Don't know if you noticed that or not..... The offense is scoring enough points to win on any given sunday even with CHRISTIAN BLUNDER at the helm. Its not at all stupid to suggest selecting defense first, especially with no andrew luck in the draft. Spielman has no clue who to pick at QB anyway

OK, I'll put you in the category with Dr. Juice tat says MLB is more important than QB.

BTW, did you happen to watch the Packers today?

It is when you got a pool of QBs coming out where none wow you. We'll see how Cole does in his follow up and the rest of the season. A few weeks ago it was...

You've watched parts of every game that Johnny football ever played? Even the games that are not nationally televised? You must really be a big Johnny Football fan!

obviously reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. "Pretty much every game" = televised games.

Not a fan of him at all just trying to see what it is that has some of you guys polishing his knob so much. So far haven't seen it.

Did i say MLB was more important then QB? No. I said its not stupid to suggest taking a defensive player over a QB in the first rd of the upcoming draft. There is no Andrew Luck in this draft. All these QB's coming out are gonna be a carp shoot.

Yes i am tired of garbage qb play for the vikes, but I'm also very tired of watching this defense continue to wet their pants every single game, especially when the offense has gotten them the lead in the 4th quarter. (which has been the case in at least 3 or 4 games this year)

Yiggin I agree with you. Qb is probably our highest need but to take one in the top half of the first round is a leap because of no real superstars. Peopled complained about Ponder at 12 well this draft is full of repeats of that scenario.

If you think that 1 middle linebacker or any defensive player for that matter is going to turn this Vikings Defense into the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, you are nuts.

The one position on this team that you could upgrade and make this defense better would be............wait for it................wait for it........................Quarterback!

Just ask the GB Packers.

OK big Dave, which qb in this draft is that guy to select with a top 5 pick? Wait for it ....wait for it....backpedal...crickets chirping...

OK big Dave, which qbdefensive player in this draft is that guy to select with a top 5 pick? Wait for it ....wait for it....backpedal...crickets chirping...

I don't get it Big Dave. I think the views that yiggin, the Captain, myself, and a few others share (really the only sensible opinion) is to trade that top 5 pick for as many 1-2 or even 3rd round picks as possible. Nobody said we're a Ray Ray away from being the 2000 ravens. Your attempt at trapping people in a box is weaker than Erin Hendersons ability to not create a distraction. This team is in serious need if acquiring talents, not rolling the dice on a Bridgewater or whoever you're brainwashed into thinking is going to take this team to the next level under center. Being teams like a Roger-less Packers rack up 26 on us proves we need some defense players. How you can't see that is beyond me, mind boggling actually.

Bigdave you are starting to sound like LMT. Except without all the pics and gifs.

Since you are convinced we need to spend a top five pick on a qb who is it?

I'm not. Clowney would be the only person I would consider but I doubt he would be around for the vikes selection. So trade down and amass picks and get a qb late first round or early second.

I don't get it Big Dave. I think the views that yiggin, the Captain, myself, and a few others share (really the only sensible opinion) is to trade that top 5 pick for as many 1-2 or even 3rd round picks as possible. Nobody said we're a Ray Ray away from being the 2000 ravens. Your attempt at trapping people in a box is weaker than Erin Hendersons ability to not create a distraction. This team is in serious need if acquiring talents, not rolling the dice on a Bridgewater or whoever you're brainwashed into thinking is going to take this team to the next level under center. Being teams like a Roger-less Packers rack up 26 on us proves we need some defense players. How you can't see that is beyond me, mind boggling actually.

Every team in the NFL is a good QB away from being great. Take a look at Green Bay, Denver and New England. You can draft all the defensive players you want but unless you end up coming up with the next 2000 Ravens you will still have nothing without a Quarterback. The NFL is a QB league plain and simple. If you don't come up with a QB you may as well call it what it is, another rebuilding year. If that's the case, trade Peterson and gather a few more picks.

If you can't see how great offensive play helps an NFL defense look much better than you must have been too young to remember the Vikings during the Randy Moss years. That offense kept that poor defense off the field and made them look good by forcing other teams out of their game plans early in games when the Vikings offense opened up large leads. An average defense can look pretty good with an above average offense. Get it now?

Since you are convinced we need to spend a top five pick on a qb who is it?

I never said this but if I did, I am smart enough to know I don't get paid to make these decisions. I'm not smart enough or involved enough to judge NFL talent. If you think YOU are, you are nuts. Even the experts have a hard time judging talent. Where would you have put Russell Wilson in the draft order? Looks to me a lot of teams would have done well to draft him in the first round, but who knew? Brett Favre and Tom Brady were not exactly high draft choices but look how the fotunes of 2 teams could have changed if they had had the foresight to draft either of these players much higher.

It's not up to me to evaluate the talent but I bet there is a Russell Wilson type somewhere in this draft if the Vikings gurus are smart enough to pick him.

Tuck and roll big Dave. So, you call me and others out for chastising picking a qb in this draft with a top five pick because the talent to warrant to top five pick isn't there. But you are convinced we need go pick one but "aren't qualified" to make that decision?

I have a feeling you aren't qualified for a lot of things.

I was wrong again. You are EXACTLY like LMT.

Matt Ryan had always been a pretty good QB. Are you saying that they should try to "upgrade" in this draft and be good again? What about the Saints from last season, wasn't Brees their QB then and now? There could be multiple examples of this. QBs don't solve all your problems bud, you're just conditioned to believe they are from all the brainwashing.

That's how you put somebody in a box Big Dave.

What are you scared of Big Dave, being wrong? Who cares if you are, at least you'll be wrong still holding a pair rather than not have a pair at all. I've been bashing Manzeil, screaming about needing a MLB, pretty much tearing all the QBs on the draft apart, and multiple other blatant opinions. I'm sure I'll be wrong on something, you think I'll care if I am? At least I stated a belief instead of pull a tuck job.

Dr. Juice and captain,

Who is the sure fire, no doubt, can't miss hall of fame mlb that will be the savior of the mn vikings and lead them to a championship.

Other people can ask questions that are impossible to answer as well.

P.s. seeing you two are the same person hiding behind different names, one answer will be fine.