• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years draft?

Hester

Another defensive move by the Vikings in the past few hours. As a former QB famously once said: "The pieces are in place"...for Johnny to come riding in on that white horse at #8.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

Another defensive move by the Vikings in the past few hours. As a former QB famously once said: "The pieces are in place"...for Johnny to come riding in on that white horse at #8.

With the second selection in the 2014, NFL Draft, the MN Vikings select... Tajh Boyd, (QB) Clemson University.

Hilarity ensues. crazy

I mean after all that is what our QB history looks like.

Spielman, Zimmer, and Turner all had dinner with McCarron two night ago...just sayin....

Spielman WILL NOT draft a QB at 8. He's too scared to blow another high pick on a QB. He's going defense and will take a player who's more of a sure thing. Then, a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd imo...

If Manziel is there at 8 (which he won't be) I wouldn't be surprised if Spielman passes on him

I would love Mack at 8 buck, for once we agree on something. I know WR is not a huge need anymore but if Sammy Watkins is there i would have to think about it for a min... the smart move is defense though. The two best teams in the NFC (seattle and san fran) have the two best defenses. Enough said.

Spielman, Zimmer, and Turner all had dinner with McCarron two night ago...just sayin....

I am still interested in....

Another DB added to the mix in FA!

The draft picture is becoming clearer!

Sounds good.

Johnny Johnny!

Smokescreen.

With all the defensive signings in FA...this years draft could become offensive in a hurry.

I see Zimmer still loading up the D in the draft. On paper our O isn't that bad. We just had a terribly coached one. I'm hoping Norv can turn that around. Yeah we need a OG or 2 and a QB, but besides that we got weapons.

Manziel, Mack, Watkins, bring it! I just want to add a big play maker with our first pick. The rest of the draft can be for the depth, I just want one more big play maker.

Dont forget a back up RB.

Position of need is now:

1. QB

2. LB

3. OG

4. RB

And although we have filled some spots with some decent starters we still lack depth. Especially in the front 7 on D.

I think Turner will find a way to get Peterson the ball through the air a little more. I also think our RBI will be the kid we had last yeR that was tearing it up at the end of the season. I don't think we need to use a draft pick on a back up , 3rd down RB.

Manziel, Mack, Watkins, bring it! I just want to add a big play maker with our first pick. The rest of the draft can be for the depth, I just want one more big play maker.

Fixed it for ya. You can get tremendous play makers beyond the top 10. Randy, Percy, Cordarrelle.

Totally against Watkins. I dont want to be the next Detroilet Lions. Why not trade for some value if our lock pick is not there and we can find a willing sucker??

I see in a few of the Mocks that Johnny has slipped into round 2. I doubt it, but ya never know.

Johny is more valuable then the potential wins he will bring. The media, the jerseys , butts in the seats. To us, that means little, but to the Wilfs , it is a huge bonus. I think Manziel will be boom or bust. Either he will succeed , and live up to the hype, or he will flop. I think with a good coach , that can make plays to fit the players strengths , and one who has had success bringing up other QB's , he has a good chance at being a boom. Let him ride the bench behind Cassel next year , or until Cassel flops. He could be the savior the team needs.

Johny is more valuable then the potential wins he will bring. The media, the jerseys , butts in the seats. To us, that means little, but to the Wilfs , it is a huge bonus.

That is exactly what it comes down to. He is a brand, an image, someone that will get people talking and bring attention to the team. That is exactly what I dont want when you are trying to play a TEAM sport. Suddenly the individual is bigger than the team. I gotta think he will have a media circus follow him around the same way they followed TEBOW. Sadly I think his career will last about that long.

Favre came with a circus, and he didn't let it effect how the team played. Johnny can ball , better then anyone we have had on our roster in many years, except #4. With a good cast around him, a good coach , he will succeed.

We also need to replace an edge rusher...remember, we just lost one. They will either fill it via FA or certainly draft one early.

QB

LB

DE

OG

RB

It's unsure what we really have at the LB position...Frazier refused to play any of our younger guys. Cole, given the opportunity, played pretty well. Hodges and Mauti...never sniffed the field other than special teams.

I wouldn't be suprised at all to see us trade back and take someone like Ford in the 1st...a pass rusher that fits the mold of the two currently on the roster. Maybe someone like Murphy in the 2nd? Either way, a DE will be picked pretty high. Right now, there's nobody on the roster to fill this spot.

QB is the wildcard right now...do we take one in the 1st?? 2nd?? 3rd?? Our 1st pick will dictate how the rest of the draft goes. I still think 2 of the top 3 QB's will be there at #8...and we might pass on both of them.

Carolina has ZERO receivers with an NFL catch. IF Watkins falls to 8 they might give up the farm to get him. Don't see him falling that far though.

I would trade them this year's 1 for their 1,2 and next year's one.

Here is what ATL gave Cleveland to Get J Jones.

The Falcons really coveted a receiver in the first round because they were eager to move up from the 27th spot. It was a blockbuster deal. In exchange for getting the sixth pick, Atlanta gave the Browns five -- five! -- draft picks: their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

I've been saying Bridgewater ain't all that for a while now. Under the microscope he fails to deliver. I know it's just one day that you see but I saw this during the entire season, not a top guy. Not going to pan out either. His college offense gave him too many easy looks/routes.

I've been saying Bridgewater ain't all that for a while now. Under the microscope he fails to deliver. I know it's just one day that you see but I saw this during the entire season, not a top guy. Not going to pan out either. His college offense gave him too many easy looks/routes.

While I am not big on Bridgewter, but just because he didnt score big on his Pro day, dont think he will drop to far in the draft. They havent played a game in a couple months, they are not in game shape, scouts know that.

Bridgewater will be a decent game manager, I would say Stafford ceiling, but I think he will be a good game manager.

Bortles I think will be a solid career back up somewhere.

Manziel will either be a star QB, and make the team that picked him an instant playoff team, or he will fail miserably. I think he is the biggest wild card of the top 3 QB's. If I were picking, and all 3 were still on the board, I would pick Manziel. I think Norv Turner would turn him into a good QB, he is smart enough to play to Johny's strengths, rather then try to turn him into something he is not.

Scott, he's had how long to prepare and prepare to throw to who? He's been throwing steady and should be in top form. He's just not that guy. Won't have a chance at the next level, today was just another sign.

Cam Newton had a terrible pro day...

Jamarcus Russell put on a fireworks show at his...

It means nothing...watch the tape.

I watched the games. Too bland, and that don't transfer. If 3/4ths of the passing TDs in the NFL are TE Pop passes then he'll rock. Id take JM all day long over Teddy.