• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years draft?

Hester

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

haha, classic. I love the story how he showed up to his first pro practice via helicopter. what a tool. Bo owned him.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Carr and Bridgewater will both go in the top 5.

I cant tell now but to look at these QBs coming out and say that 3 are top 5 picks is plain nuts.

Teddy Bridgewater

219 of 309. 70.9 completion %. 3,048yards 24tds, 3ints.

Marcus Mariota

183 of 285. 64.2 completion %. 2,819yards 25tds, 0ints.

Aaron Murray

207 of 324. 63.9 completion %. 2,892 yards 22tds, 8ints

I could throw in AJ McCarron, Tajh Boyd and Hundley too, but I think you get the picture.

Bridgewater is going to be 1 and Marriota is gonna be 2 if someone doesn't reach for Clowney.

I want NOTHING to do with bridgewater or marriota. Doesn't matter who our qb is if this defense continues to give up 30 pts a game every single game. Jonny Unitas in his prime couldn't win with this defense!

IF ,and thats a BIG if, there is the "right" qb available where the vikings end up picking.... then take him. But its not at all stupid to suggest a MLB instead of a qb in the first rd. This defense is a joke and there are going to be QB's available in the 2nd rd that will turn out to be as good or better then the ones selected at the top of the draft.

Having said all that, i don't trust spielman at all to choose the right one... does anyone else? He's got no clue who to pick at QB. He didn't want Drew Brees when he was in Miami for gods sake!

I think Manziel would at the LEAST make the games entertaining to watch again, weather he's a train wreck or a baller. Spielman is wayyyyyy to chicken bleep to pick him though

You guys are either insane or get your football "insight" from somebody who is insane. There is no way possible that there will be 2-3 QBs in the top 5. There will not be more than 2 in the 1st round. Buck: your Andy Murray assessment, nuts man, he is a younger Ponder nothing more, nice evaluation though. Carr will go before any of the above mentioned, except maybe Manziel, which the Texans will probably bite on because Case Keenum sucks very bad.

Rick- where is this top/great QB going to come from to hide the deficiencies? My argument is that it wont come in the draft so why waste a top pick on a QB when we can fill other obvious holes such as MLB/CB. And your idea of great MLBs coming in the 2-3rd rds all the time? Are you kidding me? Please, all the time? No. There is a greater likelihood of getting a difference maker at MLB than QB but to suggest that great players grow on trees? Crazy. Look at whats out there now and you will see almost all very good MLBs are taken day 1 of the draft. Mauti is garbage, if he is playing behind Henderson thhe has little to nothing to offer. Hodges is an outside guy. We need a smart, athletic inside guy who can MAKE A TACKLE, MAKE A READ, RUN A LANE, BE A FREAKING FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

Everything in this statement is wrong, but I am especially intrigued by the Case Keenum sucking badly part. Please elaborate.

No matter what position you draft it's a gamble, no one is can't miss.

I'd rather gamble at QB because your not just going to find one in free agency or trade. You can find a good MLB way easier in FA then you can find a good QB. Won't matter much what we draft on either side of the ball if we keep this staff.

Everything in this statement is wrong, but I am especially intrigued by the Case Keenum sucking badly part. Please elaborate.

You ask me to elaborate however you do not elaborate on my statement, ironic. Case Keenum has no idea where to throw a ball. He has an arm and is not afraid, he reminds me of the game Freeman played vs Giants only slightly more accurate. He's on a 2-8 team. He's a back-up, many back-ups go undrafted. Can he be a good player? Maybe but he needs to learn the pro game more, he cant just fling the ball all over the place like he has.

Now you go.

At KC: 55.6% completion, 271 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int.

vs Ind: 58.8% completion, 350 yards, 3 TD, 0 Int.

At AZ: 51.2% completion, 201 yards, 3 TD, 0 Int.

vs Oak: 54.2% completion, 170 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.

Season Total: 55.6% completion, 992 yards, 8 TD, 1 Int

This is in 3.5 games against 3 of the leagues top ten defenses. Sucks badly is not how I would describe these numbers. His completion percentage is low, however, he does not turn the ball over so he must have some idea where to throw the ball.

55% completion percentage is pretty low. He is slinging the ball around too much. He needs to settle down and make his reads. Watch him more than just the tight spiral.

Now you go on my statement about everything I said being wrong.

I've been waiting....

Who cares about completion%? As long is it's a decent number, and not Freeman-like, it's an overrated stat. YPA, TD/INT rate, those are much more telling.

You guys are either insane or get your football "insight" from somebody who is insane. There is no way possible that there will be 2-3 QBs in the top 5. There will not be more than 2 in the 1st round. Buck: your Andy Murray assessment, nuts man, he is a younger Ponder nothing more, nice evaluation though. Carr will go before any of the above mentioned, except maybe Manziel, which the Texans will probably bite on because Case Keenum sucks very bad.

Rick- where is this top/great QB going to come from to hide the deficiencies? My argument is that it wont come in the draft so why waste a top pick on a QB when we can fill other obvious holes such as MLB/CB. And your idea of great MLBs coming in the 2-3rd rds all the time? Are you kidding me? Please, all the time? No. There is a greater likelihood of getting a difference maker at MLB than QB but to suggest that great players grow on trees? Crazy. Look at whats out there now and you will see almost all very good MLBs are taken day 1 of the draft. Mauti is garbage, if he is playing behind Henderson thhe has little to nothing to offer. Hodges is an outside guy. We need a smart, athletic inside guy who can MAKE A TACKLE, MAKE A READ, RUN A LANE, BE A FREAKING FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

According to CBS sports mock draft, Bridgewater goes 1st overall to the Jags, Mariota goes 2nd or 3rd overall depending on analyst, and Johnny Football goes 5th overall to the Vikes.

According to Scouts inc. scouting reports, Mariota and Bridgewater are tied for the second best grade, behind only Clowney. With Manziel getting the 21st best grade and Brett Hundley getting the 23rd.

Bleacher Report has 2 QB's in the top 5 and 4 in the top 10.

Sports Illustrated has 4 QB's going in the first 5 picks and 5 in the first round.

Draftsite.com has 2 in the top 5 and 4 in the first round.

If you would like me to continue I could, but this should show you that the person that Rick is getting his insight from is not the one that is "insane", unless everyone besides you is insane.

Second Paragraph- Many experts believe there is at least a couple franchise type QB's to be taken in the top 5 picks of this draft. It is certainly worth a try seeing the only capable QB to hit the free agency market in the past 5 years has been Peyton Manning. Serviceable MLB's are much, much, much easier to find than a serviceable QB. Therefore, to not take the chance makes no sense in my mind.

Seems like what you have found is that QB hype makes sales. You are buying into everything they want you too. If you seriously think that all these guys have the talent to make it in the bigs or just get drafted that high you are a sheep. Second paragraph, glad you want to blow a top 10 pick on a "serviceable" guy. Those guys are rd 4-undrafted. Good idea to blow a top pick on a "serviceable" player. You have no clue. Watch Bridgewater, watch Mariota-they both are built for the college game. Dink and dunk dump doesn't work in the bigs. Hows RG3 doing with that? What is working in the NFL? Oh yeah, a smart physical middle presence out there on D. How did you like playing against Sean Lee? Wasn't that just a show he put on? Wouldn't you want that out there next year rather than a maybe? Get with it people, don't sell out for a "chance" with a pick this high. Get a sure as possible thing as you can.

Creepworm, go back to getting your takes from a "professional" that wants to sell ad space. You obviously have no idea how to formulate your own opinion.

BAAAA BAAAA, its time to get clipped.

Serviceable, you got it be kidding me...

To add to the debate without taking sides- Russel Wilson was a mid round pick and seems to be doing pretty well while RG3 was hyped as the best thing since sliced bread yet his team is 3-7 which is one win better than we have and he isn't looking all that great to me.

Seems like what you have found is that QB hype makes sales. You are buying into everything they want you too. If you seriously think that all these guys have the talent to make it in the bigs or just get drafted that high you are a sheep. Second paragraph, glad you want to blow a top 10 pick on a "serviceable" guy. Those guys are rd 4-undrafted. Good idea to blow a top pick on a "serviceable" player. You have no clue. Watch Bridgewater, watch Mariota-they both are built for the college game. Dink and dunk dump doesn't work in the bigs. Hows RG3 doing with that? What is working in the NFL? Oh yeah, a smart physical middle presence out there on D. How did you like playing against Sean Lee? Wasn't that just a show he put on? Wouldn't you want that out there next year rather than a maybe? Get with it people, don't sell out for a "chance" with a pick this high. Get a sure as possible thing as you can.

Creepworm, go back to getting your takes from a "professional" that wants to sell ad space. You obviously have no idea how to formulate your own opinion.

BAAAA BAAAA, its time to get clipped.

Serviceable, you got it be kidding me...

I will say this once and only once. I kind of agree with you that Bridgewater and Mariota aren't gonna be HOF guys. They might do good in the NFL, but never great. Murray however has the stuff to be great if he gets hooked up with a good coach. I bet Bellichek or McCarthy could turn him into a top 5 type QB. He reminds me a lot of A Rodgers. And if you watched him against Auburn the other day he had some real toughness with brains.

I would like to see the Vikes trade back and take him around 15-20 area and accumulate some more ammo for later.

The best they will be Buck will to have a Rex Grossman like career. I get why you're on Murray's jock, I was too earlier but after a larger viewing window I'm not at all impressed. It's the ugly girl comparison. Get a room full of ugly fat chicks and ones going to stand out as "not bad" but bring that girl out in the public and she's nothing but a porker. You were just blinded by the sub par standard of NFL caliber type college QB. Why don't we just try to get McCown? He doesn't look bad.

Manziel's looking like a prom queen. Get him out in public and he's just another trashy stripper. Proof is that you guys only want to use him for his "flashy" looks.

Who is "they"? What motive do "they" have for convincing me of anything?

Never said all these guys will make it, but at least 4 and more likely 5 will go in the first round, with three going in the top 6. Pretty much everyone agrees with this, except you.(Captain Musky agrees with you but I am seriously convinced you and Captain Musky are the same person)

Never did I say that. Maybe, just maybe, you are wrong and the people that judge talent for a living are right and at least one of these guys will be more than serviceable.

I never played against Sean Lee, but I imagine I wouldn't like it. My 5'10 155 lb frame wouldn't stand much of a chance. However, it was a great show he just put on, watching from the sidelines as the Saints did whatever they wanted.

Absolutely, but you fail to realize that a drafted MLB is a "maybe". Same as any other position.

Those "Insiders" got you to view their page full of advertisements didn't they.

No way will that many QBs go in the 1st round. Transitionable talent is not there. You'll see come draft time.

CaptainMusky is my boy now I'd like to drill a few holes with that guy, he's no sheep. He gets how it works and doesn't live in Rainbow Land where quality QBs grow on trees.

I don't need to earn a paycheck with my "views" those guys do so they write what you want to hear.

Sean Lee not being on the field and Big D getting blown out proves my point about how important a good MLB is. Even with a pretty good QB in Romo they got hammered, defense matters. Bingo!

The odds of drafting a dud MLB are a lot lower than a dud QB. There's a lot more Tim Couch's out there than Bosworths.

To add to the debate without taking sides- Russel Wilson was a mid round pick and seems to be doing pretty well while RG3 was hyped as the best thing since sliced bread yet his team is 3-7 which is one win better than we have and he isn't looking all that great to me.

The only reason Russell Wilson was not taken higher is because of his height....He is like 5'10".

Come on now Big Dave, leave those pathetic posts for LMIT. Use your brain. At least when you disagree with me you back it up with something. I was starting to think you were better than that. You're just mad I called your precious Johnny Football a trashy stripper. Looks good until you bring her home and introduce her to the family. A good one night show but not marriage material. Just like a stripper he's in it for the money. You just want that dollar dance homeboy, admit it.

Creep, I can assure you Juice and I are two completely different people who just to happen to agree that taking a qb in the top 5 of this draft (likely where the vikes pick) is not the wise choice. I would NOT take a LB or secondary with this top 5 pick either. I have contended all along to trade down in round one and amass picks. A qb late rd one or LB/secondary depending on who's available.

A top 5 pick had better be a franchise guy at whatever position none of these qbs possess those skills IMO.

Yes, amass picks, quantity is what we need in the first 3 rounds. But before that we need to clean house on this staff, almost anything out there has got to be better than what we have. Bring in Del Rio as head coach and as big of a tool as he is make Josh McDaniel our offensive coordinator, young guy who wants to prove something. When you look at what we got here at a lot of spots we don't look like a 2-8 team. The holes we got though are big and the coaching just flat sucks a big one.