• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years draft?

Hester

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• Scott K

• BuckSutherland

• Big Dave2

Well then the majority agree.......

8. Minnesota Vikings — Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel

I can’t get the blinders off. I think about Manziel on the field with Adrian Peterson and Cordarrelle Patterson, being coached by Mike Zimmer and Norv Turner, and I have to squint. It’s too bright, too much to take in. This is not a perfect fit, that Turner never has had to change his style for a quarterback’s skills as much as he would for Manziel. There is a chance that if Manziel falls past this point, he could float down to the 20s. But I also know that Zimmer might be the kind of red-one-just-like-silly-me coach who could get the most out of the young buck, and maybe even push the kid to new heights. It’s a fascinating prospect. The Vikings have solved other needs, including securing a worthy placeholder starting QB in Matt Cassel, and now they can roll the dice on greatness.

QBs that are as mobile as Manziel are not championship material. We dont need a guy with an ego bigger than the team.

Yes because these timid quarterbacks have done wonders for us. Look at some of the bigger ego QB's out there, Favre, Brady, manning's, the ego, and leadership on the field keeps the team together.

Yes because these timid quarterbacks have done wonders for us. Look at some of the bigger ego QB's out there, Favre, Brady, manning's, the ego, and leadership on the field keeps the team together.

How many scramble/ run around like a moroon QBs have won the Superbowl?? The guys that can THROW, not run are the ones winning it. Manziel didnt have enough confidence in his throwing ability to throw at the Combine or his school's Pro Day. Had to make his own special day cause he knows he isnt that good.

You also have to remember he was behind one of the very best offensive lines in college football (Joeckel and now Matthews), and he had some of the very best guys to throw the ball to. A lot of his success comes from his teammates.

That's crazy talk Buck...

Bortles was the only top QB to throw at the combine this year and year after year the top QB's won't throw at the combine. It's not unusual at all.

Manziel is NOT a running QB...per say. He'll run given the opportunity...and he'll do it good. Look at his passing stats compared to everyone else in the country. He's at the top of the list the last two years.

Manziel played in the SEC...a conference he DOMINATED for two straight years. The conference that is unquestionably the best in the nation.

You don't like Johnny Football...we all get it. Who's your pick at QB this year then??

Teddy...Bortles...McCarron...Carr...Fales...Boyd... Pick one...please. Put your neck out there and tell us who's going to be the next great QB.

I think Buck has mentioned somewhere in the past about who he likes at QB.

I'm not saying JM is the greatest either, I'd just take him over Teddy. I'd probably take him over the "top" QB's just because of the "XFactor". Russell Wilson isn't that great of a QB either but look what happens when you build a nice team around them.

I'm not sure I'd take Johnny over some of the other top position guys at #8, but if he's there he will be hard to pass by if some of the other guys we are interested in are off the board.

Vikes might be content on rolling with Cassel during our outdoor stadium seasons and then bring in the new franchise guy once we get our new stadium.

Even if you plan on rolling with Cassel for a year or two, it is best to get your future QB now, so he can watch and learn a year or two on the bench, rather then throwing him in the heat of things, and having to learn on the go. You cant expect a rookie QB to come in and be a game changer right after being drafted.

I am not sure where you get Johny is a running QB, he is a pass first QB, that isnt comfortable in the pocket, so he scrambles. He can make a decent pass, while on the run, he can see the open field, and look at all the options, rather then stare down your first option then when he is covered, force it, or panic like Ponder does.

Yes JM scrambles too much, and that is his weakness, but he has done pretty well doing so in the past. He had no reason to stop scrambling. If that doesnt work out for him in the pro's, he would have to adjust, and trust the pocket. But with our OL, a scrambling QB is just what we need.

That's crazy talk Buck...

Bortles was the only top QB to throw at the combine this year and year after year the top QB's won't throw at the combine. It's not unusual at all.

Manziel is NOT a running QB...per say. He'll run given the opportunity...and he'll do it good. Look at his passing stats compared to everyone else in the country. He's at the top of the list the last two years.

Manziel played in the SEC...a conference he DOMINATED for two straight years. The conference that is unquestionably the best in the nation.

You don't like Johnny Football...we all get it. Who's your pick at QB this year then??

Teddy...Bortles...McCarron...Carr...Fales...Boyd... Pick one...please. Put your neck out there and tell us who's going to be the next great QB.

I have said before that I would take Aaron Murray from Georgia. The ALL-TIME leading passer of the SEC!! Tremendous stats against the best, his teams almost always rated in the top ten. Best part is NOBODY is talking about him, he could be had for a fourth round pick, and if he doesnt work out it is simple to go away from him. He reminds me exactly of Tom Brady. I look for value, this is awesome value. Its much more value than spending the 8th pick on Johnny.

And his GF is hot.

full-40170-43546-murrays.jpg

And she likes the outdoors as well. Im all in for Bortles at #8 now.

lindsey-duke-sexy.png

Luckiest man alive...

Sounds like Bortles really impressed at his Pro Day today. Wasnt throwing ducks like Bridgewater. Lots of praise coming from the talking heads.

I would take a late flyer on Aaron Murray, 3-5 rd pick. I dont know a lot about him, but didnt he get injured last year? Maybe he will fall to us in one of the later rounds, and we can snag him up, with hope he recovers.

LOL, that's pretty funny, I never knew this until I was just looking for a pic of Blunders ex, that pic Buck posted of Murrays GF is Blunders ex Kacie McDonnell.

She might be a curse!!

Quote:

Vikings agreed to terms with DT Tom Johnson, formerly of the Saints, on a one-year, $845,000 deal.

Johnson could earn an additional $600,000 with incentives. Johnson recorded two sacks and 13 tackles as a rotational tackle in New Orleans last season. Johnson's signing might spell the end for free agent DT Kevin Williams in Minnesota.

• 2 weeks later...

If it were held today.

1. Houston- Clowney

2. Rams- Watkins

3. Jaguars- Mack

4. Cleveland- Manziel

5. Oakland- Carr

6. Atlanta- Greg Robinson

7. Tampa Bay- Mike Evans

8. Minnesota- Bortles

9. Bills- Jake Matthews

10. Lions- Gilbert

I think A LOT depends on if Houston takes Clowney. If they dont lots of trades and movement. If they do a trade or two in the top ten and that's it. Rams and Cleveland or Rams and Atlanta seems like the obvious trade to me.

Clowney doesnt make it past three, and Manziel and Bortles dont make it past eight, Mack and Watkins dont make it past five.

I would have to bet Houston is taking a QB, since they traded theirs, and didnt get one in FA.