• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

serious

is it just me but i really see noone that hyped up for the opener i know ive been thru every gun,decoy,spinwing making sure im ready lets see some excitement

I have noticed this also, maybe its the summer like weather and the lack of ducks i have been seeing, but im still excited to sit in blind with my 2 sons, to hopefully get a shot off at that Mallard that will swing into decoys for that picture perfect shot. Good luck to all.

Been working 18+ hour shifts & staying in a hotel for the last 4 days. 2 more shifts then its game on Sunday. Can't wait to get off at midnight on Saturday, get my gear ready & get 2 hours of sleep (maybe) before we head out! lol 2 other guys in my party are going out scouting Saturday evening, hopefully they find something!

I won't be able to sleep tonight wink also haven't been seeing much for

Ducks in The west metro so that may be part of it but I know numbers are

Good where I'm going smile - I've been rigging dekes and painting boats for

The last 3 weeks - guess I've just done a good job at not posting too much haha

Good luck out there this weekend everyone! Have a safe and productive season!

I'm leaving in 20 min to get to the farm for the weekend, I intentionally slept little last night so I would actually fall asleep tonignt

Kettle

I'm not sure everyone is mentally prepared for this early opening date lol. I'm no fan of early duck hunting as the local greenheads quite often look green when you shoot and are shabby after you retrieve em, the drake woodies can look ok if it's a mature bird. Since I don't want to eat any ducks yet or clean the stinky things lol, I'll hold off and just geese it, man were they migrating in the moonlight, the geese that is,hundreds upon hundreds were going over from 8 to midnight. Think the molt migrants were in town.

First time in over 30 years I have not loaded a gun for waterfowl opener was to busy closing on a cabin for the family to enjoy, but each morning I would cringe when I would hear a volley of shots go off in the surrounding area. frown hopefully I'll get out one of these days before season is over.

Didn't go either, worked Saturday and had s little to much fun Saturday night to go this a.m. I will be out the following 3 days while everyone else is at work grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well I was Bow hunting but the guys on the lake near me sounded like WW3 on Sat morning, but Sunday the shooting was way down.

No Deer for me either! frown

Sorry guys but none of your reasons are legit enough for me. Ha. Happens to the best of us,may even happen to me some day.;)