• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Evinrude 4-stroke

Groloe

Question

My father is looking to upgrade boats, and is currently looking at a 2003 package that comes with a 2001 (never used) 115 hp Evinrude 4-stroke. Neither of us know anything about the Evinrude 4-strokes. Does anyone out there have any experience with these motors, or have any information on their performance? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

The only time I have ever seen an Evinrude 4str was up on the Rainy River. A guy from the DNR was doing a survey and thats what he had on the back of the boat, as he was asking questions, I was holding on to his boat....I'm thinking there is a strange current here, I said something about us moving and he said " Oh, I've still got it in gear." I didn't even know his motor was still running. That is without a doubt the quietest motor I have ever Not heard! You could talk in a normal tone while it was at an idle, I don't remember how it sounded when he was running though. I couldn't get over that.

Does Evinrude run their own power head? I know that Merc. and Mariner have Yamaha's under the hood.

Ole

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 01-23-2004).]

The 4 stroke Rudes are in fact the Zukie powerheads. Excellent powerhead. In fact Suzuki quit making 2 strokes this year and is totally focused on 4 stroke technology now.

I have an Erude 115 4 stroke. It is the quietest motor I have ever owned. Starts in all types of weather and excellent fuel economy. I love this motor.

Yep, the E-Rude is a Suzuki for all practical purposes.
I work with 2 guys that have them, and they run like clock work.
I have a Honda, and that baby really runs nice!!! Makes those E-rudes look like the old 25 hp Johnsons/E-Rudes.. wink.gif