• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

LB is just one of many weak points on this team. IMO not having Winfield in this D is what's causing the vast majority of our issues. The rest of the players are essentially unchanged from a year ago.

He was very impactful for the Vikings while he was here. Too bad things couldnt have gone differently there to keep him in Purple.

COUNLD NOT AGREE MORE

Winfield and to throw another old timers name in the mix, Urlacher. I know they're both past their prime by a lot but what they would have brought in knowledge. Also there is zero leadership on both sides of the ball or the sideline. That's something that is missing big time and I don't see anybody stepping up to the challenge. Certain players demand more from their teammates and we have nobody like that. Could you imagine Ponder trying to pump up the O? It be like Mauer giving a pep-talk.

We already have JA and AP. IF those guys cant get them fired up you think Winfield and Urlacher are gonna? Urlacher has zero speed left. It wouldn't be any different than what we already have. I think Winfield could have still actually played. Would have been nice to see at least one or two proper form tackles this season.

Urlacher had tremendous heart, leadership, and knowledge. Name a LB that can read an offense on this squad. None. That's a huge part of a good NFL defense. If he ran a 5.0 40 it'd be much better than a 4.7 guy who can't tackle or make reads.

How bout your coach give a little pep talk or lead tour team? The guy stands there with a blank look on his face all game and says nothing. Laughable

I think Winfield could have still actually played. Would have been nice to see at least one or two proper form tackles this season.

If Winfield signed today he's the best tackler on the entire defense instantly.

How bout your coach give a little pep talk or lead tour team? The guy stands there with a blank look on his face all game and says nothing. Laughable

Agree'd. And the rest of the team seems to sport that same mentality. Last time I checked the NFL is pretty intense, the Vikes have zero of that. It would take Dick Vermiel on steroids to make an impact at this point. Is he still alive and could we hire him?

My Father was not a man that yelled or screamed, but the message was received loud and clear.

What I would like to see out of Leslie or any new coach is when a player makes a bone-headed move (which happened a lot this year), that our coach would stand in his face and not necessarily yell, but the point is being made that particular situation is unacceptable and will "Never Happen Again!" get my point?

With his and the rest of the coaching staffs antics, it looks like they are accepting failure.

Everyone leads in different ways, but good leaders know how to hold people accountable.

Also they are not afraid to bench star players to show them that are no bigger than the TEAM.

Too much entitlement goes on in this world.

Quote:

Vikings GM Rick Spielman says coach Leslie Frazier's job is safe through 2014.

"Leslie Frazier is not going anywhere," Spielman said. "I am telling you that we are very committed to Leslie Frazier and this coaching staff. And we’re committed to our players, and everybody is working extremely hard to get this thing turned around." Minnesota exercised Frazier's 2014 option back in February. They may regret that decision now after the debacle that's been the 2013 season. Spielman's words hold little weight because his job may also be on the line. The Vikings are 17-28 since Frazier took over partway through 2010.

I would hope this is just smoke in the mirror, I really cant imagine Frazier coming back next year. Being he isnt smart enough to see the play calling from the OC is what is killing the offense, and the defense just needs a an over haul. Can Ziggy really put up with this? Or is he content now that he is getting a stadium?

He got his stadium so it may be the same ol.

SAD team to say the least and I would hope they would make some huge changes.

In the past decade I have maybe missed 1 game, I hardly even bother to watch them anymore, they are in shambles.

So can anyone think of any positives from this season so far?

All I can think of so far:

1) We won at least one game.

2)

We know we don't have a QB or a coaching staff.

That could be a positive as long as the right people also recognize it.

+1 million

Look in the mirror and take the 3. Fusco needs to go, but what a bad call to pull the guard to the side your running on 4th and 1 against a goal line D. Just invited the D tackle in for a stop. Nothing to lose but your jobs coaching staff

Lol, we knew that last season.

"We" as in the editorial "we" and most of the Viking fan base.

The fumble in the end zone just now was either a terrible audible or just one stupid play call. Way too slow of a play to use in that situation. 3 steps and throw it or just hand it off. Sounds like The halftime crew just exposed the real reason this team is not winning (besides the injuries and poor defense).

3rd qtr interception was really bad. Ponder can't even throw a hail mary pass 50 yds. he's gotta be done.

Obvious qb issue.

On record somewhere here questioning lb play back at training camp time. Too small to stop the run. Too slow to cover the pass. Don't know how to fill the gap (could be scheme or lack there of). Add in that they can't tackle when they do get in the way and you have the demise of our historically over rated defense.

I almost thought the coaches were that dumb and were going to win the game. I am glad they game to their senses and lost.

Had to be Ponders best game of the season but that isn't saying much. The hail mary at the end was pretty funny...

The td run by Peterson was sweet.

I almost thought the coaches were that dumb and were going to win the game. I am glad they game to their senses and lost.

The coaches are coaching for they're jobs.

Unfortunately they were trying.

I know, its sad!