• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Since the season starts at Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan

Sunday, September 8, 12:00 PM (CT) I figure we should get an official 2013 season thread started. smile

This year starts us off with a so, so Pre-Season and of course, drama with Iggy and New Jersey smirk. Also I am certainly NOT fond of Ponder so let's hear what others have to say.

The table is open as of now! smile

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

1. Ponder is not a starting NFL quarterback. After this season he will be a career back up quarterback.

2. Vikings will go 9-7 at best. If AP would get injured it will be much worse than that.

3. I'd rather watch football on Saturday.

1. Cassel isn't a starting qb either I would rather have MBT play if Ponder doesn't back it.

2. Vikings are screwed if AD gets hurt

3. After 3 games I predict they are on top of the division.

1) Vikings will be lucky to win 6 games this year.

2) If AD gets hurt, it'll be worse than that.

3) Even if they're as bad as I think they'll be, I'd rather watch the vikings lose to other good teams than watch college ball. If you're going to go amateur, might we well take it all the way to high school.

1. Packer fans are annoying

2. Adrian Peterson is a beast

3. Vikes surprise everyone again and make the post season

4. Packer fans are annoying

If he can stay healthy, I like AP's chances to take another shot at the record. Ponders passing attack (if it can be referred to as an "attack") will hopefully be just good enough to keep teams from stacking the box constantly, but not good enough to merit doing anything other than giving AP the ball on a regular basis, and then some.

Agreed, Packer fans are annoying.

1. We are a QB away.

2. I'd like to see what MBT could do with our real 1st team offense.

3. AP is a beast but will probably get hurt because of it.

4. Packer fans are annoying.

Looks like the Vikings get a break.

I missed the touch down but just saw the Lions lose their touch down.

I vision this season as a tough one. Same old Vikings! Had the chances but could not convert or execute.

Whew! The predictions could be right. frown

Frasier is a terrible coach.

Ponder is garbage.

AP is mediocre.

Jared Allen is garbage.

Loadholt is terrible.

Whine line is laughable with EJ. Everyone giving him a big sphincter smooch forgetting that a horribly broken leg covered up shoddy lb performance. Was his little bothers only appearance on camera the int? Never seen lbs play so deep.

AP is good, there is no way you can deny that. But Ponder is useless......sadly I wonder if Cassell is much better. I say TEBOW!!!! may not be better than Ponder but I like him better smile

If they decide to sit Ponder, I actually hope they put Bethel-Thompson in there before Cassel. I saw more from him and think he has an ability to do something neither Ponder nor Cassel can and that is throw a big deep ball, that is if our Coordinator has the balls to even call those plays.

I would rather take lumps with him vs possibly limping along with Cassel to give false hope that we truly dont have a decent long term solution.

Ponder and Cassel are pretty much the same QB, I dont think either excels over the other.

Why would you want to see a guy that has a cannon of an arm when you can start Cassel instead? Some how we have the QB depth chart backwards.

Because starting Cassel over ponder is just knocking out a pawn for a pawn. They both have the same skill sets from a throwing standpoint I would rather put someone in thereto stretch the field which iI think MBT could do. Either way its a lost season if you have to make a change at qb and I would rather see what MBT could do vs Cassel which is going to be pretty much the same thing as ponder.

A lost season if we make a change at QB? How so? It is a lost season if we dont make a change.

MBT is 3rd string for a reason, when Ponder plays clip board holder, it will be to Cassel

Just because Cassel and Ponder have very similiar physical abilities doesn't mean they'll perform the same way. I think Cassel "carries" himself much better and would be a much stronger team leader.

IMO...Cassel can be the "game-manager" that this team needs right now.

Ponder can't even do that.

I don't know what you guys have seem from Cassel to this point to make those statements but I have not seen any more poise or "carrying" himself than ponder. He has no better physical attributes than ponder actually he is less mobile which is good and bad I guess but if o line play is like it was this week that is a big negative.

Questioning the lost season? Well IMO if ponder isn't doing the job and gets benched for Cassel that is a lost season because Cassel WILL NOT be the savior this team needs to lead them for years. Considering this I would love on see what MBT can do then make plans through draft or FA accordingly. I'm not giving up on the season yet but there glaring performance issues all over the field with the one exception being place kicking.

I wonder if Favre has some time on his hands. Maybe he's been throwing to that high school team keeping fresh. You know you'd still be better off than Christiana Ponder w cheese :-)

It's obvious that qb is hurting vikes but I have a hard time believing they are a qb away (especially if its favre lol) from being a top notch team. A defense that only shows up for home games isn't much to bank on either.

But at least with a better QB we could stay in the games and give our Defense a chance. I hope that this is Ponder's last year in MN. Right now I can't think of any veterans that would be on the move but I would even be okay with a rookie, I hear there are some good ones coming out at this next draft.

Biggest disappointment in the game was the offensive line play. I can see the lions having success passing against us, but no open running lanes and ponder on the run constantly. Most quarterbacks running for their life will throw picks eventually especially ponder. I think the next few game we will see improvement in the O-line.

Quote:
Appearing on FOX NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer reported Christian Ponder is on a "much shorter leash than anyone has any idea about."

Glazer hinted Ponder is perhaps just another bad start or two away from Matt Cassel taking over in Minnesota. It's not terribly surprising. A benching became a very real possibility the second the Vikings handed Cassel a two-year deal, while Ponder's play was simply unacceptable in Week 1. If Ponder is similarly inept against the Bears at Soldier Field, we could be staring at Cassel starting against the Browns in Week 3.

Just think what the Vikes would be like if they had an average QB

You knew when they didn't score a touchdown on that last drive the game was over. I would have bet my house on it. Cutler looked bored on the sidelines with his chin in his hand, he knew they would easily come back and win the game. This team is beyond predictable and beyond disgusting. Not only is Ponder a joke but the defense has taken a major step back into the garbage can as well. They did a good job with the takeaways but they cannot stop anything.

Ha Ha is all I can say.

Fraiser needs to be fired, along with the entire front office and about half of the starters need to be cut.

The Vikes are a [PoorWordUsage] poor excuse for a NFL team.

Ha Ha is all I can say.

Fraiser needs to be fired, along with the entire front office and about half of the starters need to be cut.

The Vikes are a poor excuse for a NFL team.